35k+ cantina credits, shard shop or another toon?

2Next

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    @Pyrophor Vertigo obviously referred to Stormtrooper in the beginning of his statement (but mix it up with the TMR).

@Ambassador is right, I was talking about Storm but my fingers got the best of me and typed STH for a second time lol.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Fredelig wrote: »
    Ok, some thoughts. I would take foo to 7* for a fo team plus offense mod challenge if u haven't done it. In this game it's better the more options u have. U only need a 5* foo for the challenge, but the extra star lvl help with the challenge, plus u can use him with the rancor and haat. Second: chopper. I know u have Sabine, but u can complete tier 7 of the thrawn challenge with a lower gear lvl for phoenix if u have chopper compared to Sabine. I personally wouldn't spend more gear than necessary on the phoenix

I totally agree with this. Sabine got put in the guild store and hard nodes because she is the only Phoenix toon who is really a stand alone character, not because she's the strongest member of the Phoenix team. They are much stronger with Chopper than Sabine.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Ok, some thoughts. I would take foo to 7* for a fo team plus offense mod challenge if u haven't done it. In this game it's better the more options u have. U only need a 5* foo for the challenge, but the extra star lvl help with the challenge, plus u can use him with the rancor and haat. Second: chopper. I know u have Sabine, but u can complete tier 7 of the thrawn challenge with a lower gear lvl for phoenix if u have chopper compared to Sabine. I personally wouldn't spend more gear than necessary on the phoenix

I totally agree with this. Sabine got put in the guild store and hard nodes because she is the only Phoenix toon who is really a stand alone character, not because she's the strongest member of the Phoenix team. They are much stronger with Chopper than Sabine.

*They're harder to kill with Chopper instead of Sabine. They're not stronger. Without Sabine the only offense the team has is Ezra, if you want to kill things (like in raids or against actual teams made by players) you're gonna want both Sabine and Ezra. If you need to beat hard nodes or the thrawn event with minimal gear chopper will be more useful because he adds to the stall factor.

However, if he's planning on gearing up Sabine anyways then the whole minimal gear thing doesn't matter and Sabine should work just as well.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »

*They're harder to kill with Chopper instead of Sabine. They're not stronger. Without Sabine the only offense the team has is Ezra, if you want to kill things (like in raids or against actual teams made by players) you're gonna want both Sabine and Ezra. If you need to beat hard nodes or the thrawn event with minimal gear chopper will be more useful because he adds to the stall factor.

However, if he's planning on gearing up Sabine anyways then the whole minimal gear thing doesn't matter and Sabine should work just as well.

I would still call them stonger. Harder to kill, lower DPS. Sounds like a tank. Tanks are stronger than DPS in my opinion (it takes a lot more strength and conditioning to take damage than to deal it out), but you're free to use the word how you wish as well.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

I would still call them stonger. Harder to kill, lower DPS. Sounds like a tank. Tanks are stronger than DPS in my opinion (it takes a lot more strength and conditioning to take damage than to deal it out), but you're free to use the word how you wish as well.

I just wouldn't call either variation stronger because they do different things in the game. The more offensive one will be much stronger in raids and arena (if you dare to use Phoenix in arena), whereas the tankier variation will excel in the game modes like hard nodes and events because the AI doesn't do well against super tanky teams like that.
  • HeroOfCanton
    447 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    What I always do when all the toons left in a given shipment location don't interest me is I buy their shards up to having 330 shards (enough to unlock and 7* them), but not actually spending any credits on them. Then, if there's a rework or event that makes them desirable, I just have to worry about the credits to star and level them.
    I have my teams I want levelled and starred, so I try to hoard around 15-20 million credits to do an emergency toon if needed.
    Then, when I get a surplus in credits beyond the 15-20 million, I'll look at the toons I'm sitting on shards for, and maybe unlock one and level them to somewhere in the 60s or 70s, enough to gear them to G7, and gear them to that point so there's less to do when I do need them.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Definitely do FOO with the new movie there's bound to be events with First Order and resistance and when new First Order toons come out you'll have another option to pair with them
    Then stromtrooper for tank P3
    Then Old Daka and HRS
    I wouldnt go for shard shop currency until you have all the toons unlocked, especially with this new game mode you will use your whole roster. Unless you really really want that gear in shard shop
  • They need to add new toons! C'mon eeth koth! Really..
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Thanks for all the replies, there have been some excellent ones. If anyone is wondering, based on your feedback and my in game objectives I'm doing:

Storm: HAAT is my main objective at the moment, I have chirpatine but only 2 decent tanks (RG/STH) so Storm completely the set perfectly, especially with the synergy to EP/RG.

HRS: Having looked at his kit I can clearly see what a good toon he will be with rebels. Although he may not feature as an automatic toon in any of my teams, I can see why he's worth getting. Any bonuses on hoth (TB) will be a bonus.

FOO: Previously discounted because of the awful long farms of FOTP/FOST but I hadn't thought of the new toons that may come with new movies. In hindsight, it would be a mistake not to be prepared for that. I anticipate he may become obsolete if more FO toons come but it's a small risk for the potential reward if he compliments the team. Also it's the only mod challenge I haven't completed.

Daka: I've actually always liked daka (and hated going up against her!). I didn't realise that the nightsisters getting a rework may be in the pipeline. I already have her at 5 so may as well complete her.

So thanks again. I've potentially gone from 0 to 4 toons to get!

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    TofuMao wrote: »
    Don't go off topic, what I have done it's get 145 shards of each toon in the shops, nearly there, and saving over 10k, so 10k give me for 25 times 5 shards that is 125 plus the 145 it's 270, I can only spend 4 times a day, so it would take me 7 days to spend 10k so I would have another, say 3000 in the week more or less( one refresh a day)
    So that's close to 310 total shards for that toon, basically spending 7 more refreshes during that week I'd have him at 7*.
    So I am ready to take any toon to 7* if needed, say in 10 days tops if I don't use so much cantina energy.
    That's what I do, I know it's not the "recommended" thing to do, but I am not even activating them, so 0 spend on them, then....
    How angry would I get if we need daka instead of HRS or the opposite, so if I have both half way, then I am only 10 days away from ANY toon, saving all of it and not having any shards, will leave you at 16 days and 2 refreshes to get your 7* toon that I had last week ^_^

I have sorta done the same thing just not has planned.

Instead of farming for shard shop currency... I just focused on the character shards in order or priority for each shop. Like you had a buffer just not as big so I could guy gear if needed etc.

I have gotten enough 7* shards for pretty much every shop character except for the really bad ones like CUP, Jedi Guardian, and Mob enforcer. Working on my last marginal one now just for giggles... Ugnaught:)

I have now started to build bigger buffers for new characters and a bit of shard shop farming.

The shard shop is so expensive I figure spending in there should be absolutely needed rather than what ever is available.