We need new content quick

This game is starting to get very boring very fast we need new content asap. Vets are dropping like flys.

Replies

• I support new content too, I know faction events are coming but there needs to be more LS and DS battles and depth of gameplay. Daily routine is getting mundane.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    You know, your posts always seem to be very angry and demanding. There's not even the pretense here of starting a discussion.
    Do we really need a new thread for this?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I agree with needing new content, having new LS/DS/Cantina nodes that are as challenging as the current highest tier when it first launched would be great.

Also it would be nice if they gave us some nodes where we have to use our ships.

I know territory battles are coming but it would be great if a lot of extra stuff came with them to freshen up the game and make it interesting again. The longer between updates the more the update has to have and it's been a while since we had any real content added.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    You know, your posts always seem to be very angry and demanding. There's not even the pretense here of starting a discussion.
    Do we really need a new thread for this?

I'm not angry, just passionate. I want the game to succeed.
  • Why so negative @IE4TAPPL3S? Having a moan?
  • Perhaps we will get new gaming content in november. Till this time we will get 10-15 new characters...
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Apples.... don't let the **** get you down. Of course we need new content. It's coming. Soon, I hope.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Vets are dropping like flys.
    Really? Do you have numbers or anecdotal evidences?
  • This game is always about the monotonous daily grind. Over the past 18 months there has only been a 2 raids, mods and ships to speak of. If you can't handle grinding out toons waiting for the next toon release then it might be time gor a break.

Not many mobile games hold your attention as long or as well as this one.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Because the ewok marquee and flash events, and the coming territory battles isn't enough I guess
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I agree with the OP. There is a lot of fatigue and loss of interest in my guild, at least, and the daily grind of arena and raids is increasingly hard to stay with. Some of our longest tenured players are talking about giving up.

I think the rancor and AAT raids ought to be retired soon and replaced. Han and Kenobi can be made farmable for everyone who doesn't have them yet. The AAT raid was never fun to play. The rancor was great but it is time for something else now. For those players who have had 7* Han and GK for many months the raids have become a real drag, just for the gear and tokens.

I'd also like to see less of the content requiring certain times to play, and a better balance of content that we can play at convenient times. You know, like a mobile game. That would make a huge difference in addressing the fatigue. I hope the new territory battles will be playable at any time and, if so, I look forward to them. But I would hate the idea of territory battles being like raids and having to do all three of them.

Otherwise I still like the game and I just post zero in raids now and don't bother much with arena, to make it manageable. I thought the Thrawn event was great. I am still building my squad for the future and hoping for challenging and fun new content.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Because the ewok marquee and flash events, and the coming territory battles isn't enough I guess

Flash events aren't interesting. The marquee events can be done on full auto and are only there to give us characters we can't use without spending. Territory battles could be great but they need to give us a rough eta atleast. Do we need to wait a few weeks/months/years for this new content to drop? There are plenty of people quitting due to pure boredom of nothing to focus on right now.

Also what Wenhandel said having less specific time things is really important. Forcing people into set times will drive them off long term.
  • Good thing we have flash events, then. Those are quick indeed.
  • Trouble for the longer-term players is that once you have beaten all the content there is several months back and the new toons aren't arena worthy then everything becomes stale with no purpose to the grind.

There is only so long you can stockpile in hope of something new and exciting before getting bored
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We already know new content is coming. We know it's going to be released relatively soon, and info about it will be coming before that....

If this is not enough to hold someone's interest, than most likely the new content is only going to keep them for a little longer.

This game is a grind, and a marathon of a grind at that.

Give them time, it would be nice to have a less bugged version of content at the right time than buggy content early. This is especially true if want the game to last.
  • The really bad thing is the communication of this game, we don't know when the new content will come. I'll do only the dailies (fast) and the raids and I'm looking for new mobile games. 1 year is too much for new content especially for a mobile game.
  • I think the most important thing is letting people play when it's convenient for them. Flash events are just bad. It's feels like taking a call from a telemarketer when I have to log in to do them.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    I think a lot of guilds have players into "hibernating" zone, they lost interest due to the lack of content.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Be patient.. August is coming :smile:
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    In August only Luke will come, nothing else.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sairiki1 wrote: »
    In August only Luke will come, nothing else.

Hhhmmmm.....

If you say so. :wink:
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    After August, there is September, and so on, and so on. ;)
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Best part is if new stuff comes out then the other side of the fence pipes up and says it's to tough. Nerf this or as if this is for lv blah blah blah.
    Never stops on these forums.
    People need to come to the table with ideas instead of complaints.
    Me personally would like to have a practice arena for starters. That should be an easy one for the devs.
    I guess GW is our practice arena for now.
  • Tactyou wrote: »
    I think a lot of guilds have players into "hibernating" zone, they lost interest due to the lack of content.

That's true of mine.

I can't believe so many people are arguing against new content too, as if saying it's a grind means anything.

Less new characters and more things to do with them.

I will pay for new content.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I think the lack of information is the issue. Nothing to look forward to anymore, so people quit. If we could just get some information what is planned for the future (if there is any) that would be welcome. We get some brief terms like commander luke and territory battles. But will it be totally cool or same old auto everything? Nowone knows.
This discussion has been closed.