How hard is Yoda 7*

Prev1
l3end3r
895 posts Member
edited February 2016
I have QGJ (lead), Lumi, Mace, JC and Koth. I'll have some time to gear them up and make 7* when the event returns next month.

Do I need to get everyone to max gear and lvls to complete the challenge? I was not going to max out Koth and Mace if I don't have to

Thx for those who are ahead of the curb and can answer my question :)

Replies

• I don't come close, with level 7's, level 70's, gear 8 mostly, few 7. I have anakin, lum, kid, mace, barris, jc, Ben, q Jin, Aayla, Ashoka, guardian and plo. he hits like a freight train.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @Rockneee

Wait so you have 12 mostly maxed out 7* Jedi and you can't beat it? How is anyone supposed to beat it then?

Good to know.. Full purple gear lvl 70's it is.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Rockneee wrote: »
    I don't come close, with level 7's, level 70's, gear 8 mostly, few 7. I have anakin, lum, kid, mace, barris, jc, Ben, q Jin, Aayla, Ashoka, guardian and plo. he hits like a freight train.

Wow. What the hek
  • Yes, it was fun at first. But now it's just WoW. You need ima for counters, I did not get him, he is 5 stars, almost 6, level 70, and geared, but need him level 7. I just tried a few more, I can take out his henchmen thinking that may help, yoda, with some 15000 hits, makes it child's play to wipe you out.
  • I read in another thread that you need Barriss. Get everybody max heal and HP.

I used Lumi, QGJ, Plo Koon, Ahsoka and Kit Fisto. All max level and gear. I didn't stand a chance vs Yoda. Tried something like thirty times. Only one healer probably isn't enough.
  • By the way, it wasn't meant for discouragement, it just facts. If they didn't 100% resist Ben specials, no matter when I try (them with no buffs, to counter) it would still not even be close. I will keep posted if I find anything that works, well besides ima.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Rockneee wrote: »
    Yes, it was fun at first. But now it's just WoW. You need ima for counters, I did not get him, he is 5 stars, almost 6, level 70, and geared, but need him level 7. I just tried a few more, I can take out his henchmen thinking that may help, yoda, with some 15000 hits, makes it child's play to wipe you out.

Wow, I'm excited to try, but that's lame if certain teams can't do it at max star/ gear/ levels. You're lucky to have the luxury of that many Jedi so that doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe they'll turn him down a notch when the event returns. Who are the henchmen?
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    I read in another thread that you need Barriss. Get everybody max heal and HP.

I used Lumi, QGJ, Plo Koon, Ahsoka and Kit Fisto. All max level and gear. I didn't stand a chance vs Yoda. Tried something like thirty times. Only one healer probably isn't enough.

Wow. That's slightly upsetting. Do you think my team has a shot? I have Lumi and JC, but won't have time for Bariss, as I decided to rush Mace instead and must live with my decision.
  • Rockneee wrote: »
    By the way, it wasn't meant for discouragement, it just facts. If they didn't 100% resist Ben specials, no matter when I try (them with no buffs, to counter) it would still not even be close. I will keep posted if I find anything that works, well besides ima.

I'm still going for it. Maybe I'll switch Lumi to lead and prey I evade a ton of attacks. Challenge accepted. Hopefully the devs make it a hair easier.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Bariss
    Lumi
    JC
    Mace
    Jinn

Will be my team next month, i hope its viable :(((
  • I used QGJ as lead to help combat Yoda speed. Lumi, Kit, Aayla, Ahsoka.

Super hard but I got 7* done

Retreat unless you get Ashoka and another bad Jedi (no healers or Ben) as Yodas buddies. Focus Yoda down first, don't waste attacks on others and blow cooldowns if he has no foresight. Ahsoka is so slow she barley attacks. Use QGJ debuff on someone without Yoda tenacity up and get offense up. Yoda may steal it and one shot someone, it's a risk but it's how I got him down. With tenacity up you will not be able to debuff. Don't use Lumi heal to early if she is your only healer, roll the dice and hope your yellow health toon won't get focused.

All and all I think I got lucky on my 40th try or so.

I think an ideal party would be:
    QGJ or Barris as lead
    Barris or QGJ
    Lumi
    Kit or Mace
    Aayla or JC

Kit and Aaylas counter helps rip foresight if he happens to attack them. Subs suggestions for F2P.
  • I used QGJ as lead to help combat Yoda speed. Lumi, Kit, Aayla, Ahsoka.

Super hard but I got 7* done

Retreat unless you get Ashoka and another bad Jedi (no healers or Ben) as Yodas buddies. Focus Yoda down first, don't waste attacks on others and blow cooldowns if he has no foresight. Ahsoka is so slow she barley attacks. Use QGJ debuff on someone without Yoda tenacity up and get offense up. Yoda may steal it and one shot someone, it's a risk but it's how I got him down. With tenacity up you will not be able to debuff. Don't use Lumi heal to early if she is your only healer, roll the dice and hope your yellow health toon won't get focused.

All and all I think I got lucky on my 40th try or so.

I think an ideal party would be:
    QGJ or Barris as lead
    Barris or QGJ
    Lumi
    Kit or Mace
    Aayla or JC

Kit and Aaylas counter helps rip foresight if he happens to attack them. Subs suggestions for F2P.

Wow, thx for the advice. All us F2P players will have Koth as the 5th :(
  • UnckyBadTouch
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well as of now I will only have Lumi, JC, Koth, QGJ, and Mace. It is kind of disappointing if this team won't be able to do it because of how much I will have had to invest in Koth. It would have let me 7* someone better such as 88, Sid, or Opress.

If Ima-Gun Di is necessary I will cry. It'll take me into June trying to farm him from his hard node at 1-2 shards a day if I'm lucky. Same with Barriss. I won't hit 69 probably until the event is over for the first time. Then I have wasted time farming Mace and Koth up. GG

With the way it is looking, if I have to get to 70 to complete it I have quite some time to worry about it anyway.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Cool, that's some sound advice. I'll try again.
  • Thank you for the update, that foresight is a bear.
  • TheEwokKing
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well as of now I will only have Lumi, JC, Koth, QGJ, and Mace. It is kind of disappointing if this team won't be able to do it because of how much I will have had to invest in Koth. It would have let me 7* someone better such as 88, Sid, or Opress.

If Ima-Gun Di is necessary I will cry. It'll take me into June trying to farm him from his hard node at 1-2 shards a day if I'm lucky. Same with Barriss. I won't hit 69 probably until the event is over for the first time. Then I have wasted time farming Mace and Koth up. GG

With the way it is looking, if I have to get to 70 to complete it I have quite some time to worry about it anyway.

You can do it. I used QGJ as lead and Lumi was my only healer. I did have Aayla and Ahsoka who can heal themselves and Ahsoka did stick a timely crit heal. But I was just listing what I think could be ideal if you are building for next time. I think QGJ and Lumi are two very important prices you have. Your Mace will have to stick an Expose on Yoda and Koth mayyyy stun. You will just need everything to go your way (as I did, got very lucky). I think any 5 Jedi, fully leveled and respectfully geared, will have a 1:25 chance, but will get it eventually and you only need that dream round once. Keep at it :)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I've learned that one of my Jedi's is actually just a wooden plank in brown robes. This makes things a lot more difficult.
  • You might not want to use Mace or any Jedi that has a attack that can be resisted, it gives Yoda extra turns.
  • Haha, nonemo, I have a few of those it seems
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Some prankster glued a glowstick and a breathing mask to this plank, too. It had me fooled there for a while. Now I know its true identity.
  • It is stupid hard, he will just randomly one shot everyone.
    You kill another Jedi? He will one shot half your team. I have 6 7* Jedi and can't do it yet. Really annoying.
    Barrise is bugged and will steal his health if you focus her down. Only advice I can give but I am not successful at all. Got him to yellow twice out of 40 tries.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • I bet it's a lot easier with level 80 toons. People who can do the 7-star now are elite, although I'd expect it to not increase in difficulty, while we all will progress in power. Personally I'm struggling with the 6-star, with only partially leveled (50-65 range) and some under eared toons (all 6-star, with enough shards to hit 7 once I have the credits). Only have 5 now at 6-star: Old Ben, QGJ, Lumi, JC, and Fisto. It's rough, can't get him down below half life yet, but can level up over the next few days, and hopefully will be enough to clear the 6-star now.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Folks, how hard is 5* Yoda?

My team will consist of

QGJ 5*
    Lumi 5 or 6*
    JC 5 or 6*
    Ahsoka 5*
    Eeth Koth 5*

Will I be able to unlock Yoda with this team?
  • I think it will be hard but you have to try :)
  • I am also struggling with this fight. My lineup currently stands at this.
    Qui-Gon-Jin 7 Star abilities 4/4/5/5 5363 power lvl 67
    Luminara 7 Star abilities 4/5/6/5 4936 power lvl 67
    Jedi Consular 6 Star abilities 4/5/3 4211 power lvl 67
    Ahsoka 6 Star abilities 4/4/4 4421 power lvl 67
    Jedi Knight Guardian 3/3/4 3400 power lvl 61
    Cannot beat 6* yoda.
    Have gotten him to 1/4 health twice in probably 20 attempts. Switching leads between Qui Gon and Lumi. I have 6 star Ben but he is practically useless against Yoda seeing yoda is almost guaranteed always tenacity up. At 6* his 2 wingmen are two Jedi Knight Guards (white) and Attack at 1500-2500 with crit. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. I can't afford to sink more money into rolling Ima-Gun-Di shards and my Aayla is only 5*. This is very tough, I can tell those other guys 1-5 star is a breeze. 6/7 is where the hurt is at.
  • The hardest part about him in any fight. Is he doesn't have cool downs. He can use all attacks all the time.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    The hardest part about him in any fight. Is he doesn't have cool downs. He can use all attacks all the time.

LOL. But that's just the AI Yoda, correct?
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for all the advice! I will make sure to have gear 8 and 9 if possible and lvl 70 Jedi going in. Fingers crossed it'll be enough

QGJ is best leader, yeah?
  • No he shares cool downs when used in Squad Arena. My lowest health bars have come from Luminaras Evasion (Lucky Dodges) Problem right now for me is eventually he kills at least one guy. The ahsoka gets her dodge chance. He steals it with massive AOE damage 2100-3500 (crit) maybe I get one hit last his foresight then Luminaras right click gives Her dodge chance. Guess what. He steals it hitting me again with AOE damage. Some exchanges I say "Man this is impossible" and after reading some above strategies I feel like aaayla or Gun-Di would make this 5 ka-trillion times easier.
    Defeating yoda is simple strategically if you can do it- Stun/Counter Attacks (Aayla/Gun-Di/Kit Fisto)
    For everything else there is MasterCard. Good luck champions.
  • No he shares cool downs when used in Squad Arena. My lowest health bars have come from Luminaras Evasion (Lucky Dodges) Problem right now for me is eventually he kills at least one guy. The ahsoka gets her dodge chance. He steals it with massive AOE damage 2100-3500 (crit) maybe I get one hit last his foresight then Luminaras right click gives Her dodge chance. Guess what. He steals it hitting me again with AOE damage. Some exchanges I say "Man this is impossible" and after reading some above strategies I feel like aaayla or Gun-Di would make this 5 ka-trillion times easier.
    Defeating yoda is simple strategically if you can do it- Stun/Counter Attacks (Aayla/Gun-Di/Kit Fisto)
    For everything else there is MasterCard. Good luck champions.

I'm not going to lose faith just yet. I'll see it for myself and give it 1,000 runs if I have to.