Why the Heck Is the Rogue One team over powered?

Seriously.... I get its about the new characters but stop with over powering. Rogue One characters **** and died... the Empire is stronger, stop. SJW characters are going to lead to me saving my time and hard earned cash. They are overpowered for what? So some loser programer can feel good about himself... stop it...

Replies

• *stink
  • They are seriously underpowered. Toons like DN and Thrawn are significantly better.
  • They are not overpowered. They are just a tricky team to beat with Cassian Debuffs and Cassian/K2SO and Chaze synergy. They are great on offense but defensively they can be tough to play in Arena.

I run a full Rogue One squad minus K2SO and use Fulcrum instead.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Chaze are the only two rogue one characters that could be considered op. The rest range from terrible to decent
  • Haven't you seen the movie? Baze held off the entire legion of stormtroopers while chirrut flew up and one shotted the Death Star with his bow/stick! Was amazing!
    /s
  • A35Barber wrote: »
    They are overpowered for what?

Because they are Rebels. Developers are Rebel fanoboys, simple but sad. Fans of other factions have to suffer for it.

• Versatti
    241 posts Member
    Kissycat wrote: »
    Haven't you seen the movie? Baze held off the entire legion of stormtroopers while chirrut flew up and one shotted the Death Star with his bow/stick! Was amazing!
    /s

Worst part of the film for me was when chirrut grants x70 heal over time to everyone on Sacrif.

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    Haven't you seen the movie? Baze held off the entire legion of stormtroopers while chirrut flew up and one shotted the Death Star with his bow/stick! Was amazing!
    /s

Worst part of the film for me was when chirrut grants x70 heal over time to everyone on Sacrif.

And then revives Bistan with 50 extra HOTs
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    /s

Worst part of the film was when he equalized everybody's health and gave everyone Tenacity Up.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    /s

Worst part of the film was when he equalized everybody's health and gave everyone Tenacity Up.

I was really amazed when Jyn killed the Rancor with a little help from Vader. Poor Rancor could not even get a turn. And all this during a little break from taking down the whole empire. High Fives for Jyn!
  • There is a reason why Vader only dared showing his face at the end of the movie, when the dinamic duo was already dead. If he would gave met Chirrut and Baze in R1, according to the devs, we wouldn't have had the EP 4-6.
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    There is a reason why Vader only dared showing his face at the end of the movie, when the dinamic duo was already dead. If he would gave met Chirrut and Baze in R1, according to the devs, we wouldn't have had the EP 4-6.

I thought that it was strange he kept looking over his shoulder as if he was worried about Chaze creeping up on him
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    There is a reason why Vader only dared showing his face at the end of the movie, when the dinamic duo was already dead. If he would gave met Chirrut and Baze in R1, according to the devs, we wouldn't have had the EP 4-6.

They didn't die. Chirrut was just taking a quick nap to let the HOTs do their work. As the empire abandoned scariff after the battle, they're stranded. We should see them in ep 8 when they come save Rey from Kylo v2.0. Takes much more than a Death Star blast to stop that duo!
  • Kissycat wrote: »

They didn't die. Chirrut was just taking a quick nap to let the HOTs do their work. As the empire abandoned scariff after the battle, they're stranded. We should see them in ep 8 when they come save Rey from Kylo v2.0. Takes much more than a Death Star blast to stop that duo!

That makes so much sense. I finally realized who are the parents of Rey. The similar stick attack should have been a dead giveaway. True they are both Asian males, but the Force works in mysterious ways, and considering their godlike power that is entirely plausible. I think the devs have just spoiled Ep. 8 for Us.
  • Algeroth wrote: »
    A35Barber wrote: »
    They are overpowered for what?

Because they are Rebels. Developers are Rebel fanoboys, simple but sad. Fans of other factions have to suffer for it.

I'm a rebel fanboy, what's sad is they are my weakest faction. I need to get to work on them asap.
  • R1 aren't overpowered, I target them in arena. First kill Baze, then Jyn, then Chirrut, then Cassian and leave K2 for last. Don't use AOEs.
  • They aren't OP. I run them and also smoke them in arena. Fracture baze, kill Jyn first. The rest is easy.
  • I run zJyn, Cass, Z2D2, and Chaze. Triple cleanse stops me. Shawn (Shore+Thrawn) stops me. Zaul ... well, I eat Zaul for breakfast. DN leads? Please let me see more DN leads!

On the weekend I started the morning getting to arena level 25. When I logged in again an hour before my payout time, I was 93.

Anyway, Rogue One is a good team that is fun to play, but they are FAR from overpowered in today's environment.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Anyway, Rogue One is a good team that is fun to play, but they are FAR from overpowered in today's environment.

On young shards they are invincible.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Chaze are the only two rogue one characters that could be considered op. The rest range from terrible to decent

Yep
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I've been real curious about trying out a R1 team...

Jyn (L), Cass, R2, K2 & Fulcrum

This team on paper with all the zetas and whatnot looks great...

Think I'm gonna put them on the back burner for now and try ewoks with fulcrum instead....

C'est la vie ;)
  • A35Barber wrote: »
    Seriously.... I get its about the new characters but stop with over powering. Rogue One characters **** and died... the Empire is stronger, stop. SJW characters are going to lead to me saving my time and hard earned cash. They are overpowered for what? So some loser programer can feel good about himself... stop it...

GfQXp9N.jpg?s=sms
  • I had to abandon my R1 team in Arena... they stink even at max gear. There was a month where I could auto battle to rank 1 payout, but when it ended... it ENDED! Happy to have the Jyn leadership zeta though, because makes GW a little easier.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Rogue One toons shouldn't be that good in this game. After all, they all die in the movie.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Rogue One toons shouldn't be that good in this game. After all, they all die in the movie.

Nearly every character we can choose from has died in the "Star Wars story" by this point... (with a few exceptions of course)

So they should all suck because they died?
  • Yes. Baze and Chirrut are ridiculous in this game.