Help! Explain guilds and raids to a noob

Prev1
I'm level 43 and I'm in a guild that runs the rancor raid and the AAT raid and I can not participate in either cause I don't have a character with enough stars. But I've also heard things about different raid tiers. Can someone explain the different raid tiers? and how can I tell what tier my guild is running? Also what are the prizes you receive from participating in raids? Should I join a different guild? Any help is appreciated! I'm still learning the ropes of this game

Replies

• Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I'm level 43 and I'm in a guild that runs the rancor raid and the AAT raid and I can not participate in either cause I don't have a character with enough stars. But I've also heard things about different raid tiers. Can someone explain the different raid tiers? and how can I tell what tier my guild is running? Also what are the prizes you receive from participating in raids? Should I join a different guild? Any help is appreciated! I'm still learning the ropes of this game

Have you tried communicating with your guild?
  • Cad_Bane
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I just would like to understand what different tiers means and is there some tiers that I can play in? Should I join a different guild? I'm new and just trying to learn about raids and guilds. I also see words like "good synergy squad" what does that mean? Also zeta? Just wanting to learn everything
  • The tiers are just difficulty levels. Each one requires characters of different star levels. The higher level ones give better rewards.
    As far as changing guilds thats really up to you, you can try and find a lower level guild or focus on getting at least one character starred up enough to compete in your current guild.
    Good synergy just means that your characters get bonuses from being together, like Biggs and Wedge give each other star boosts.
    Zetas are just high level ability materials. Hope that helps
  • Cad_Bane
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Thank you very much, That helped a lot! So do the leaders of the guild decide what level tier the raid will be when they activate it? Also I'm working hard on getting a 7 star character and should have lumi fairly soon. The guild I'm in seems to know what they are doing so would I be better off staying till I get my 7 star character? Would I even be much help and even be able to contribute any with just one 7 star character?
  • Yes the leader or officers decide the level when summoning. one seven star wouldn't help them but it gets you on the board and getting rewards
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Thank you very much, That helped a lot! So do the leaders of the guild decide what level tier the raid will be when they activate it? Also I'm working hard on getting a 7 star character and should have lumi fairly soon. The guild I'm in seems to know what they are doing so would I be better off staying till I get my 7 star character? Would I even be much help and even be able to contribute any with just one 7 star character?

Yes. The Leader of the guild (I'm a leader of a guild btw so I know) choose a certain tier raid based on the tier level which basically means Star requirement. As far as what staying till you get a 7* character, it depends. There's a ton of guilds out there. If like you said in your first post that the guild you're in isn't doing raids you can participate in, then I'd say join a different guild that does ones you can play in as well. You'll grow more as a player like that cause you'll get much needed resources that you wouldn't get if you stay in your current guild cause you can't participate in your current guilds raids. And yes to the 7* character being help. All characters help just like all members help (typically) in raids. But once again if your are able to participate in them. It sounds to me like you need a different guild. Trust me. I'm a level 85 player so I would know. Hope that helps too. Good luck! ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Bailey
    30 posts Member
    As you are newer to the game I would recomend staying in a guild doing heroic rancor if thats what they are doing and ASAP work on 1 toon going to 7* even if you can't hit hard you'll get fantastic rewards, but communicate with the guild to :)
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

Yes. The Leader of the guild (I'm a leader of a guild btw so I know) choose a certain tier raid based on the tier level which basically means Star requirement. As far as what staying till you get a 7* character, it depends. There's a ton of guilds out there. If like you said in your first post that the guild you're in isn't doing raids you can participate in, then I'd say join a different guild that does ones you can play in as well. You'll grow more as a player like that cause you'll get much needed resources that you wouldn't get if you stay in your current guild cause you can't participate in your current guilds raids. And yes to the 7* character being help. All characters help just like all members help (typically) in raids. But once again if your are able to participate in them. It sounds to me like you need a different guild. Trust me. I'm a level 85 player so I would know. Hope that helps too. Good luck! ;)

Thanks for your detailed response! I'm new and just trying to learn as much as I can cause I'm really enjoying the game! I'm close to getting a 7 star character and have many other characters at 4 stars and working on those too ( I'm building a rebel team first). Would I just be ok with staying in the guild I'm in without being behind too much? I like the guild I'm currently in and have left it once trying to find another lower level tier guild but couldn't really find one I liked. Also are the rewards from raids totally different on lower tier raids. Also how many different raids are there?
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

Thanks for your detailed response! I'm new and just trying to learn as much as I can cause I'm really enjoying the game! I'm close to getting a 7 star character and have many other characters at 4 stars and working on those too ( I'm building a rebel team first). Would I just be ok with staying in the guild I'm in without being behind too much? I like the guild I'm currently in and have left it once trying to find another lower level tier guild but couldn't really find one I liked. Also are the rewards from raids totally different on lower tier raids. Also how many different raids are there?

You're more than welcome! I actually like helping people out. lol.

Once again it depends. What are the main majority of levels of the people that are in your guild? I'd say it's ok I guess for now since you like your guild but make sure your able to participate in the raids that are done. If you even have one 7* character you'd be able to participate in all raids with that one character and still get a reward at the end.

Yes lower raids give lower credit rewards but give gear just different based on what you need at certain points on the game.

There are (shock! Lol) 7 tiers of possible raids to be done. One for each character star requirement. Characters stars range from 1-7* so logically there are 7 possible raids. Example... if your guild starts a Tier 4 raid then you can only use characters that are 4* or higher in that specific raid.

Hope that helps ya more. Any other questions? I'd be more than glad to help further. ;)
  • So far there are only 2 raids. The pit(rancor) and tank takedown(AAT). The pit is the 'beginner guild' raid with several tiers working up to heroic (7*). The AAT raid is much harder and has only two tiers normal(6*) and heroic(7*).
    Even if you aren't much help with the actual raid, you can still be useful to your guild by earning raid tickets. You earn daily raid tickets by using normal and cantina energy (playing the game) capped at 600 tickets per player a day.
  • Cad_Bane
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Once again it depends. What are the main majority of levels of the people that are in your guild? I'd say it's ok I guess for now since you like your guild but make sure your able to participate in the raids that are done. If you even have one 7* character you'd be able to participate in all raids with that one character and still get a reward at the end.

Yes lower raids give lower credit rewards but give gear just different based on what you need at certain points on the game.

There are (shock! Lol) 7 tiers of possible raids to be done. One for each character star requirement. Characters stars range from 1-7* so logically there are 7 possible raids. Example... if your guild starts a Tier 4 raid then you can only use characters that are 4* or higher in that specific raid.

Hope that helps ya more. Any other questions? I'd be more than glad to help further. ;)

Thank you, you saved me countless google searches! Lol
    A few other questions I have is if I stay in my guild could I just ask the guild leaders to start a lower tier raid so I and other lower levels could participate? The members of my guild have some lower and mid level players but the leaders are high level players in the 70's. Also if I just stayed in my guild till I received a 7 star (I'm getting close!) would I receive as beneficial items to help rank up my characters as I would from participating in lower tier raids? Also how is tickets earned? When I go to my squad it says I have contributed tickets, just wondering how I done that lol. I noticed that one of the raids gives you Solo shards, do the lower tier raids give Solo shards or a different character shards?

• ^^i explained raid tickets in my post above. You probably missed it while typing in your next post ^^

Solo shards are only available in the heroic rancor raid (tier 7).
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

Thank you, you saved me countless google searches! Lol
    A few other questions I have is if I stay in my guild could I just ask the guild leaders to start a lower tier raid so I and other lower levels could participate? The members of my guild have some lower and mid level players but the leaders are high level players in the 70's. Also if I just stayed in my guild till I received a 7 star (I'm getting close!) would I receive as beneficial items to help rank up my characters as I would from participating in lower tier raids? Also how is tickets earned? When I go to my squad it says I have contributed tickets, just wondering how I done that lol.

I feel like we're playing 20 questions but here goes... rapid fire lightning round!!! lol

Yes you could ask but ultimately they decide what to do. They might be nice about it but at the end of the day they're level 70 and probably (definitely) want better raid rewards for themselves over you and the others sadly.

Once again it depends. Lol. First let me ask you. How often does your guild do raids? You'd get better rewards by joining another guild that does raids more often. Like I said, if you have at least one 7* character then you don't have to worry about raid rewards you'll get them if you battle at least once even. HOWEVER!! If you were doing say tier 4 raids regularly you'd be better than by doing a tier 6 once in a blue moon because you only have one character that would be able to participate in a tier 6 whereas you'd have a bunch of characters to choose from in a tier 4 since you have multiple 4* characters.

Tickets are earned by spending your energy to battle. The regular energy and cantina energy (the yellow and red lightning bolt at the top that shows a number and refreshes over time) goes toward the tickets. Example. You spend 100 energy on light side battles, then you just earned 100 raid tickets. Your max tickets they allow you to earn is 600 a day.

Anything else that I could be of assistance with? :)
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Follow up since I see you edited your post.

Han Solo shards are ONLY given in the Tier 7 Rancor raid. It's a top tier gift given to top tier players. Sadly no character shards are given in any other raid. Except in the Haat (Tier 7 Tank) in which you get General Kenobi shards. So basically shards are only given out in tier 7 raids. None other.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @Cad_Bane Any other questions (so I can save you quite a few google searches so it seems... lol) ? :wink:
  • Cad_Bane
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Han Solo shards are ONLY given in the Tier 7 Rancor raid. It's a top tier gift given to top tier players. Sadly no character shards are given in any other raid. Except in the Haat (Tier 7 Tank) in which you get General Kenobi shards. So basically shards are only given out in tier 7 raids. None other.

Thanks again man! And to your questions, yes my guild does raids all the time, they talk in the chat about starting the next raid soon shortly after the finish one. Also you may have even answered this but I missed it. I will get a 7 star character soon so I could participate in their raids, but would the rewards from a high tier raid not be as beneficial to me as a lower tier raid would? Or maybe not that much difference? It seems hard to find other good guilds btw. I spend like 20 min refreshing the guilds and couldn't find another one that seems that active and that I liked. Apologies if you kinda already answered this, just trying to figure out what I should do
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

Thanks again man! And to your questions, yes my guild does raids all the time, they talk in the chat about starting the next raid soon shortly after the finish one. Also you may have even answered this but I missed it. I will get a 7 star character soon so I could participate in their raids, but would the rewards from a high tier raid not be as beneficial to me as a lower tier raid would? Or maybe not that much difference? It seems hard to find other good guilds btw. I spend like 20 min refreshing the guilds and couldn't find another one that seems that active and that I liked. Apologies if you kinda already answered this, just trying to figure out what I should do

No worries. ;) I'm the same way. I like clarification.

In this game a raid that is harder/higher tier yields better rewards. And a raid that is lower gives lower rewards. Not bad ones! Lol. You'll get a lot of credits in a high tier raid and you get a little less on a lower tier raid. As far as gear goes the best way I can describe it is gear for different characters gear levels. Lower tier raids are for getting gear for lower gear level characters that you have. And higher tier raids are for getting gear for higher gear level characters.

Does that make more sense? Hope it does. ;)
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    So basically both are good. It's not necessarily like one is better than another. But you'll hear people say on these forums that "higher tier raids are better and give better rewards". Well yeah for "higher" level players not lower level players. The character roster of high level players is more powerful than the roster of lower level players. So that why the higher level players can post more damage in a raid than the lower ones. Because of more powerful characters AND more powerful character rosters.
  • With very few exceptions it's better to get 50th place rewards from a Heroic raid then 3rd in a Tier 6 raid.

Don't go searching for a guild doing lower raids, you'd be right back searching for a higher lv guild in a month max. Get that 7* character ASAP.
    So basically both are good. It's not necessarily like one is better than another. But you'll hear people say on these forums that "higher tier raids are better and give better rewards". Well yeah for "higher" level players not lower level players. The character roster of high level players is more powerful than the roster of lower level players. So that why the higher level players can post more damage in a raid than the lower ones. Because of more powerful characters AND more powerful character rosters.

Can't thank you enough man! You've been very helpful. One other question, will I even be able to use the gear from a high tier raid for my lower level characters? Or would I not be able to use it till my characters are higher ranked
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    That's the problem like I said. Higher tier raids give gear that's meant for higher gear level characters. So your answer would be no.
    Btw. Which character did u say would be your 7* character? Luminara?
  • My guild can blast through the heroic rancor in less than a half hour. Many of us could solo it if we wanted. We have a 24 hour zero damage rule. That means for the first 24 hours we send in only one junk 7* toon to die without doing any damage. This gets everyone a chance to get on the scoreboard for a reward. When the timer hits the 24 hour mark I'm usually at work so miss the raid, but still get good gear from it doing no damage.

So yeah get you a 7* toon and get on that scoreboard. You will have a head start on getting higher geared toons.
    That's the problem like I said. Higher tier raids give gear that's meant for higher gear level characters. So your answer would be no.

Yes she seemed and I have heard that she is easy to 7 star and also useful because of her heals.
  • My guild can blast through the heroic rancor in less than a half hour. Many of us could solo it if we wanted. We have a 24 hour zero damage rule. That means for the first 24 hours we send in only one junk 7* toon to die without doing any damage. This gets everyone a chance to get on the scoreboard for a reward. When the timer hits the 24 hour mark I'm usually at work so miss the raid, but still get good gear from it doing no damage.

So yeah get you a 7* toon and get on that scoreboard. You will have a head start on getting higher geared toons.

Thank you also for your help!
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

Yes she seemed and I have heard that she is easy to 7 star and also useful because of her heals.

Yeah. Luminara is a very good Jedi. You'll definitely need her later in the game to unlock Yoda. Just a heads up. ;)
  • Cad_Bane
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Yeah. Luminara is a very good Jedi. You'll definitely need her later in the game to unlock Yoda. Just a heads up. ;)
    Alright thanks! And thank you again for answering my many questions. You have been beyond helpful man!!!
  • Cad_Bane
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks for answering my very many questions lol. You've been beyond helpful! Thank you!
  • Cad_Bane
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Removed
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

Thanks for answering my very many questions lol. You've been beyond helpful! Thank you!

You're more than welcome. I'm here to help! lol :wink::mrgreen:
  • Cad_Bane
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017

You're more than welcome. I'm here to help! lol :wink::mrgreen:
    Hey man one more question for you if you don't mind. I see a lot of people talking about a website called SWGOHdotGG, what is that? Is it made by developers or third party? Also what are the benefits of syncing to that website? @KyJoe_Cool