How Would you Beat this Team?

MrGrips
521 posts Member
Hi all, Title.

The team is: Rex (L), R2, DN, Thrawn, and GK.

Their R2, Thrawn, well really everyone, is very fast. Im interested in any team comps that would work well against this (whether or not I have them ) especially if they'd still work if slower than the other team.

Thanks!

Replies

• There are a few teams that pretty much can beat anybody, teams like zauls, rex lead teams with a mash of good characters Glike the one you mentioned. GK lead with tanks and a zarris. Pretty much any team with a DN and a way to keep that guy alive will be able to beat it. A well developed Jedi team can most likely do it as well. There are so many teams out there that can beat almost any team on offense, defense is the problem!
  • Mav216
    27 posts Member
    I face this team regularly at #1 (their zzR2, zDN and thrawn all have over +100 speed) and have won about 40% of the time with GK L, zDN, zzR2, Chaze (with only zDN at over 100)

My strategy does involve a lot of luck but the key is to be patient. I wait until R2, GK and rex use their aoe cleanse/buff moves to use baze's aoe dispel. Sometimes this involves waiting a few turns due to DN cooldown increase or thrawn fracture.

Next up is burning down GK. My only two burst dmg moves are chirrut's special and GK's assist move. I wait until the time is right to use them for max efficiency. GK has a lot of health but he is rarely unhittable and doesnt heal too well.

Unlike traditional triple cleanse this team can destroy you while you're burning down GK. By only focusing GK you don't proc his or baze's taunt. Then when your r2 gets a turn, stunlock their DN as much as possible. Hopefully this buys enough time for your DN to get annihilate first. Continue to focus down and hopefully kill GK and then take your pick of annihilating their thrawn or DN. Rex and R2 can be somewhat ignored until the end but rex is easy enough to burn down that you can one shot him the next time chirruts special is up once GK is dead.

Again I've only found this to be effective about 40% of the time and heavily reliant on luck. In my opinion that's the toughest team that can be constructed right now. They don't call it most effective tactic available for nothing
  • I beat it with Tarkin led, Thrawn, DT, DN, Shore and also
    Thrawn lead, Shore, DT, DN Krennic