Are Sim Tickets Being Phased Out?

Prev1
So I just ran out of Sim Tickets for the first time ever, and I have been playing for two years. I'm not really seeing them as rewards anywhere either. I do see they are for purchase for 30 Crystals in the store, but that's it. Are Sim Tickets being phased out or are we being forced to play out everything now or pay for Tickets for that luxury?

Replies

• This happens when you sim low energy nodes. You can do nothing about it in fact.
  • This happened to me yesterday as well. Just the flash events working like they should making us gear up unnecessary teams of toons forcing the Sim for random mk1 items.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    You get sims from leveling a character and leveling a mod everyday
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Tips for stockpiling sim tickets: Pick some high energy nodes that you want to farm. When you purchase an energy refresh you get 120 energy and 10 sim tickets. If you sim nodes requiring energy 12 or less, you break even on your sim tickets. If you sim nodes requiring more than 12 energy, the stockpile grows.

Some useful nodes requiring more than 12 energy: Shoretrooper, Baze, Nihilus, Krennic, Veers (1 of his 3), FOST (1 of his 3), FOTP (2 @ 16), Deathtrooper, Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper, Gar Saxon, Imperial Commando, Anakin Skywalker, I'ma Gonna Die, Plo Koon's ship, Ghost, Phantom II, Barriss.

Some of those are also available on lower energy nodes, but if Sim Tickets is a bottleneck for you, sim the higher energy nodes. You will gain a stockpile of sim tickets and rewards such as credits and ship credits are higher and on the hard nodes the higher energy nodes also tend to have useful gear you'd want to farm eventually anyways.
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Unless you're level 85, then you get a few for leveling a mod I think and you get 24-25 for completing all daily activities
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    You. Get sick tickets from a few of the dailies, 25 on the final daily. You also get them as a reward from nodes, just make sure you're playing the easy nodes it and auto'ing through them. You'll eventually build up a stockpile.
  • CamaroAMF
    1281 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Tips for stockpiling sim tickets: Pick some high energy nodes that you want to farm. When you purchase an energy refresh you get 120 energy and 10 sim tickets. If you sim nodes requiring energy 12 or less, you break even on your sim tickets. If you sim nodes requiring more than 12 energy, the stockpile grows.

Good tips but wanted to note that it's 10 sim tickets on Cantina energy, 20 sim tickets when you purchase a refresh for regular energy.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Now you need to do real battles instead of sim. You ll just spend 2 hours more a day playing.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Now you need to do real battles instead of sim. You ll just spend 2 hours more a day playing.

This is where as I'm doing stuff around the house, I just click on auto, let it go, put the phone down for a minute, click auto again and keep repeating. I don't do it all the time though. Just when I feel like saving some of my 2000 sim tickets. I used to have 5000 before they updated challenges. Also, in the beginning, you got more ally points when you played it out because you used ally's, then when they updated it, you get the same ally points if you sim. So it made playing it out less beneficial.
  • As stated above, the 20 energy hard nodes are your friends if you want to stockpile sim tickets. Buying a refresh gets you 20 tickets. Simming 120 energy on Stage 8-9 nodes only costs you 6 tickets.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • I have over 1400 sim tickets right now. Farming high level cantina nodes and high nodes for gear gets me a surplus.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    I almost ran out when gearing grand moff to g10 then 11, also when gearing cassian. That mk1 (or mk2, or mk3?) raw battle armor which need around 40 (or 80?)

It's on 6 energy node farm with terrible droprate. DUHH :dizzy:
  • These are all great tips and at one time legitimate sources for Sim Tickets, but I'm telling you the well has dried out. Even the nods that say you will be awarded Sim Tickets are not producing, I beat GW everyday and no Sim Tickets are awarded, I'm level 85 and have several toons at gear 11+ (I add the plus, due to My Zylo being one gear slot filed from being 12, when ever the game expands past 11), but still have many toons that need love and when I farm for gear, mods, and shards, I'm not receiving any Sim Tickets.

Something is up, that's all I'm saying. Hey maybe I'm wrong and it's just me...
  • This happened to me yesterday as well. Just the flash events working like they should making us gear up unnecessary teams of toons forcing the Sim for random mk1 items.

Teebo is one of the best toons for rancor raid and tmr in general, chirpa + EP is very good AAT raid. Ewok Elder is and has always been a great cleanser/healer/reviver.

Oh yeah I forgot that gearing up anything besides arena squad is a waste of resources, nevermind I'm playing wrong. Carry on.
  • I'd suggest using your crystals to buy Sim tickets daily until you get to a decent amount (500, 1000, 2000, whatever works). Then just buy as many as you need to stay even each day. Then you've got a surplus if you need to sim a lot of stuff each day for a while, but you're not constantly increasing your amount to unnecessary levels.
  • Yes. I know people who have hundreds and hundreds. I live day to day lol. When I only farmed the Hard 9 nodes for Baze Nihilus Krennic and Shoretrooper, and got Deathtrooper from cantina, I quickly gained sims. Now I have to farm Luke in cantina, and the sort of basic gear that everyone needs at all levels from those 6-8 energy battles. So my ticket consumption has almost tripled, and I occasionally need to buy tickets from shop.
  • I have about 400...they aren't being phased out.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    you_wait_what__by_mavisdracula-d5idsm9.gif
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Here is what I'm taking about: I just went through 9D Hard and received zero Sim Tickets:
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    PsychoWolf wrote: »
    Here is what I'm taking about: I just went through 9D Hard and received zero Sim Tickets:

It's not a 100% drop rate
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • I have 7000. I don't think they're going anywhere.
  • I used to have a ton myself, you will all see soon enough. There are several in my guild that are now discovering the same thing as me, no sim ticket awards.
  • I do the guild activities every day and slowly gain more tickets. You just have to bounce around a bit in the game and not sim low energy stuff all the time. In the long run slower is faster.
  • I have 12.5k sim tickets. If I could give them to you I would.
  • 10k Sims here and climbing I don't know what I'm doing wrong
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    I used to have a ton myself, you will all see soon enough. There are several in my guild that are now discovering the same thing as me, no sim ticket awards.

The only reason yours are running out is because of the nodes you are simming. Stop simming anything less than 10 energy and you'll stop losing them.
  • Mav216
    27 posts Member
    It's a combination of
    1. Simming low energy nodes and challenges
    2. Not buying enough refreshes (which come with tickets)
    3. Not getting good RNG for ticket drops from nodes
  • Starfox
    31 posts Member
    I've had the same issue as well. I'm usually fine since I can farm higher energy nodes, but with Phoenix being on lower energy Cantina nodes, I've been rapidly running out myself as well. Not to mention the challenge sims being a significant impact.
  • sitting on 19,231 tickets.. guess Im not spending them fast enough
  • StarSon wrote: »
    I used to have a ton myself, you will all see soon enough. There are several in my guild that are now discovering the same thing as me, no sim ticket awards.

The only reason yours are running out is because of the nodes you are simming. Stop simming anything less than 10 energy and you'll stop losing them.

As I said earlier I'm not receiving them for higher nodes either. I ran all three of 9D which cost 20 energy an attempt.
This discussion has been closed.