seperatists event: what is required?

Prev1
Hbk146
215 posts Member
can i do it with g8 trooper, finn, poe, rey and g11 r2?

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Finn's lead Zeta'd?
  • You might find it really difficult to do it with this team. Your mods will need to be top notch.
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Finn's lead Zeta'd?

nope
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Resistance and/or ewoks. I used a mix the first time around because elder proved useful. That was with a zeta finn and decked it resistance team. But basically if you don't have zeta finn, the bonus tier will be impossible. The ewoks just can't do enough dmg.
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    DarkHelmet wrote: »
    You might find it really difficult to do it with this team. Your mods will need to be top notch.

dont mind needing 50 tries. just want to näknow if possible at all. i didewoks event with g8 ig 88, tfp, vader and g10 r2, ep
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    You probably won't beat the bonus tier but maybe the others.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Will gear XI and X resistance with good speed mods and a maxed out R2 suffice for this?
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    errr, once i zeta'd finn, it was a cake walk. my finn, poe, RT and RP are all at just gear 8. do have a max'd r2z2 tho

but basically gear levels mean very little when your team can prevent the other side from taking turns
  • Will gear XI and X resistance with good speed mods and a maxed out R2 suffice for this?

To be blunt, not sure what event in this game can't be beat with G11, 10 and maxed toons with good mods.

But in case you have some inexplicable doubt, yes, I did bonus tier with G9 Finn, G9 Poe, G10 Teebo and EE, and max R2, but it was not easy. Guessing it will be considerably easier for you.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Will gear XI and X resistance with good speed mods and a maxed out R2 suffice for this?

To be blunt, not sure what event in this game can't be beat with G11, 10 and maxed toons with good mods.

But in case you have some inexplicable doubt, yes, I did bonus tier with G9 Finn, G9 Poe, G10 Teebo and EE, and max R2, but it was not easy. Guessing it will be considerably easier for you.

I haven't made anything that is tuned for gear level 11 (heroic AAT might be an exception, I didn't make it I don't know) because my philosophy is that you should be able to "out level" or "out gear" anything to get an edge. The retunes of Assault Battle bonus tiers are close, maybe gear 10.5. But in general, you should be able to surmount problems by getting the right units and adding gear, levels, and mods to overcome/brute-force the challenge.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Brute force. Check.

I'll use some of my zeta mats on Finn and press auto :)
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Any thoughts on if this squad would do it?

Finn - G8 (no zeta)
    R2 - G11, double-zeta
    Poe - G10
    Rey - G10
    Resistance Pilot - G9
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    You might consider either putting a zeta on Finn (if you have one ready) or leveling up your EE to 85 for the heals/revives in the place of the RP.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • If you don't have zFinn...

I have beat it every time with
    Teebo (L-G10)
    EE (G10)
    Ugnaught (G10)
    Chirpa (G9)
    Rey (G10)
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Last time, I beat all (both?) tiers with a budget team of:

Finn G8 (no zeta)
    RP G8
    Rey G10
    Ugnaught G9
    Elder G10
    All with decent/good mods.

And lots of swearing and restarting too. Finn kept dying early (and the revive of Elder is really weak), and I found Ugnaught's stun to be quite useful, as well as Rey's foresight. The key if I remember was to have Rey go first, and use that special that made her take 2 turns back to back.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    All things are possible with Jesus Zeta Finn.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    TBH I think these assault events are ridiculous. The players that really need those characters shards aren't able to beat the assaults, and the players that can beat it, don't need those 4 or 5 little shards. It's totally backwards and needs to get fixed
    You think that only because you don't get the concept of the assault events.
    The main reason for the events are their first-time rewards, which are far, far better than "4 or 5 little shards". The replay is just for... replay. Would you rather those event tiers disappear like Legendary event tiers once you've beaten them once? Shouldn't it be okay for people who have already geared up enough to beat it once to at least get some small reward every time it comes around again?
    But don't confuse the small replay reward with the primary first-time reward.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    Does it matter that more than half of the guild can't even beat it
    Beat what? The bonus tier? It's not all about the bonus tier, you know. Tier 1 (and, depending on the assault battle, tier 2) has great first-time rewards as well. Not being able to beat the bonus tier yet just gives you something to work towards, while already having received massive rewards.
    Tier 1 of the Ground War Assault Battle, for example, gives first-time rewards of 1.1 million credits and 57 character shards. Tiers 1&2 of the Forest Moon Assault Battle gives first-time rewards of 2.3 million credits and 79 character shards.
    Those rewards alone are worth the events. Everything else is gravy.
  • Then those,players have a goal to work towards so they can beat it, right?
  • @JDIII I'm going to go out on a limb here, from your stance, it appears your are confused regarding event rewards. The separatist event, the ground wars that starts in a few hours, which requires ewoks, resistance or ugnaught in order to battle in it. Rewards separatist shards. It does not reward Ewok shards, so it won't help anyone's Ewok squad. Now, assuming that premise is off, low level, or new players, that can't complete it, and get bonus separatist shards, . . How are they adversely affected by that? Your argument seems a little . . . .bizarre.

Ground wars are a difficult challenge, which is open to all, and is a goal to work towards. You need certain factions to participate, and the rewards are for a different faction them the required units to play. So how do you come to the conclusion that "they" need the shards more then any other player. If you have all chars maxed out, then congrats. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. But I'm pretty sure nearly everyone needs shards for separatist chars.

And regardless whether you need them or not, it's still nice that there are events that re occur that allow players to battle in, whether they have beaten all tiers or not.
  • All free content in a free game is welcome, and is maddening as it may be to NOT be able to beat the event, (I have no joke tried tier II of the Endor assault battle no less than 30 times - to no avail - hey, RG is still only G7, what can I expect?), it's great that we're given the opportunity and as @GhostTruckin said, something to build towards.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Hbk146 wrote: »
    can i do it with g8 trooper, finn, poe, rey and g11 r2?

Zeta your Finn, get everyone to at least GX and put some good mods on everyone and you should crush it. Otherwise G8 probably won't beat it.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Why would G10 over G8 make much of a difference if you have a zFinn?
  • I'm guessing for survivability if the expose train gets derailed, other then that, good mods on the squad and you should be able to pull it off I would suspect