Can someone please explain this...

How is it that Chirrut heals when he's been debuffed with heal immunity?

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, but I thought heal immunity meant you couldn't heal or be healed...I mean...if you're immune, you can't benefit from healing...

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    There are multiple scenarios where this can happen. Anything that equalizes health will not be hindered by healing immunity.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    There are multiple scenarios where this can happen. Anything that equalizes health will not be hindered by healing immunity.

So heals debuff is absolutely pointless in some cases...
  • I'm running Chirrut at the moment in my Rebel 'A' team and TBH I lose track of all the HoT that crop up sometimes!

Most likely he is using his 1st ability which removes all debuffs and grants the opposite buff and balances ally health. Did the team have R2 in it? If so it could be zeta R2 and Chirrut scored a crit.

If none of these things and heal immunity was sticking and Chirrut was healing, I don't know
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Just health equalization, so chirrut and barriss. He also cleanses before he does his health equalization and will not have any debuffs at that point.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »

Yes (Barris' heal also does this)
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    I'm assuming that you are referring to Chirrut's ability 'As the force wills'. If so, you should understand that, that ability is not considered a heal. If you read the ability, it doesn't say heal [x] ally(s) for [x] amount, it states that 'All allies have their current Health percentages equalized.'. Meaning that the ability calculates the percentage of Health remaining on each ally, finds the average, and applies that average to each ally. Since this is not considered a heal, it cannot be prevented by 'Heal Immunity' or similar debuffs.

On the other hand, the HoTs that Chirrut gives to his allies will not benefit a character that is afflicted by Heal Immunity.
  • Spyda wrote: »
    I'm assuming that you are referring to Chirrut's ability 'As the force wills'. If so, you should understand that, that ability is not considered a heal. If you read the ability, it doesn't say heal [x] ally(s) for [x] amount, it states that 'All allies have their current Health percentages equalized.'. Meaning that the ability calculates the percentage of Health remaining on each ally, finds the average, and applies that average to each ally. Since this is not considered a heal, it cannot be prevented by 'Heal Immunity' or similar debuffs.

On the other hand, the HoTs that Chirrut gives to his allies will not benefit a character that is afflicted by Heal Immunity.

That makes much more sense. Thank you!
    It was my last GW node, I eventually wore him down. He was the last one standing and it took several teams lol