Why do I have to upgrade a mod every day?

It's a waste of energy and it means I have to keep a stock of mods.

Pointless.

Replies

• Options
    I agree with the waste of energy as there's been times when I've had to upgrade garbage mods for the sake of getting this daily. Granted though it's a small cost but meh, the rewards for this daily are good so I don't mind too much.
  • Options
    It's 375 credits to minimum upgrade a 1*.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

Pointless.
    You don't have to upgrade it to max. A single small increment upgrade works for the daily. You can milk one 5-dot mod for literally half a year. I wouldn't call that a stockpile.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Pointless.

On top of all of the other great points made here, mods are extremely easy to come by. 1.0.0.% d.r.o.p. Rate.
  • Iolaus
    53 posts Member
    Options
    you just need to upgrade one level (not all the levels) in order to validate the daily reward it is nothing...
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Iolaus wrote: »
    you just need to upgrade one level (not all the levels) in order to validate the daily reward it is nothing...

Is it even a level? I'm pretty sure you don't even have to go that far.
  • Options
    It's annoying that I have to log into the character screen and then select mods, and then scroll through all my mods to find one to do a minuscule upgrade on just so I can get my dailies. It's really a pointless task
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

Yep, you just have to hit a single upgrade not a full level
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    It's annoying that I have to log into the character screen and then select mods, and then scroll through all my mods to find one to do a minuscule upgrade on just so I can get my dailies. It's really a pointless task

Almost any of the dailies could be argued as "pointless," but of course they can also be argued to be useful. EA wants us to care about mods, so its part of the dailies. I think doing a ship arena match is pointless because I'm at the same ranking and have been since Ships were released, so the 4-6 minute does nothing for me. But for others at higher ranks, that's an important part of the daily activities.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

There is easy way:
    - While u claiming ur daily activities reward, go to upgrade mod option, then select go.
    - U will bring directly to chars screen.
    - Select char, upgrade mod.
    - Done.
  • Options
    just farm one random useless gray mod and upgrade once a day. it takes like zero effort and doesn't cost much. what's the big deal?
  • Options
    The daily quests seem designed to push newer and less savy players in the direction of smart progression. Galactic War, Squad Arena and Ship Arena give currency which can buy shards for very important characters. Challenges give important leveling tools. Mods create ENORMOUS improvements to unmodded characters...etc

Don't look at these things through the lens of a level 85 player with tons of 7* characters. Look at them from the perspective of a level 1-60 player with limited, low star characters.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

It works with 1 upgrade (Not level)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Whether you should be required to it or not is a moot point.

If you are not spending at least a refresh worth of Cantina energy and upgrading at least a couple with promising secondaries you will always be lagging behind others in your arena.
  • Options

If you are not spending at least a refresh worth of Cantina energy and upgrading at least a couple with promising secondaries you will always be lagging behind others in your arena.

With 3 refreshes on mods a day i'm lucky to see 2 a week that are worth upgrading.

As for the daily it acts as a useful daily reminder of just how bad the mod interface is.

• nevertellmetheodds
    454 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Nah, my arena team already have great mods. I'm doing it for no reason.
  • Options
    Dundadarr wrote: »

With 3 refreshes on mods a day i'm lucky to see 2 a week that are worth upgrading.

As for the daily it acts as a useful daily reminder of just how bad the mod interface is.

This