Ridiculously long lag in Ship Arena battles

I've been getting this a lot in the last 5-6 weeks, but today was easily the worst. The first battle or two seemed to be fine for the most part, though there was definitely some lagging when reinforcements came in. Then battle 3 and 4 is where it got bad; every time the enemy ship called in a reinforcement, it took a FULL minute for the animation to complete and for the battle to continue. The actions of each ship was also slow, and stretched what is usually 2-3 minutes into 4-5 minute battles. Then for my last battle just before payout, I decided to free up space on my iPhone 5s by moving a bunch of videos to my laptop, leaving me with an extra 800 mb of storage. Surely that would make things run smoother, right? Wrong, the last battle was by far the worst. The entire battle was extremely slow, each action taken by every ship was at least twice as slow as before, I could hear their attacks happen in short bursts, and then the animation would lag behind in short bursts. Calling in reinforcements for both myself and the enemy took 60-90 seconds each. I gave myself 8 minutes to win this battle before payout and move into the top 50, but it didn't matter, it timed out anyway! And to add insult to injury, the enemy called in a reinforcement with 17 seconds left, and would've added another minute if I didn't just ragequit (I was one attack away from taking out the last ship for victory too). I've read other posts from iOS users complaining about this, and it needs to be fixed asap.