Farming Gear in Hard Nodes

Is it more efficient to farm gear from hard nodes? For example I need mk5 stun guns and mk5 detonators. I can farm the guns and detonators from easy nodes for 10 energy each, or I can farm them from the same hard node while also getting character shards.

Granted, it will take longer to get the exact gear I want, but long run won't I end up gearing up more toons faster? Is that right or is my logic off?

Replies

• Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Revising my answer.

I wouldn't rely on hard nodes to farm gear, but if you need the character go for it.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    raid gear salvage on hard nodes have about 20% chance to drop in my experience. I do use that mode especially if I have not completed the char .
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    Normal Modes = Gear
    Hard Modes = Character Shards

Learn it, Love it, Live it
  • Depends. Some hard nodes have multiple types of gear that tend to be in demand, as well as character/ship shards. So even if you don't pull the gear you are actively farming, you can still get a payoff for your energy.

If there isn't multiple gear pieces or a character you'd like to farm anyways, no.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Well..i simmed 4 hard nodes for DN,Krennic,sabin and baze...and got 1 GS ship shard to show for it...drop rate is total garbage..waste of 222 energy...this is just not right.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    The drop rate is completely identical (20% for purples) no matter the node. So a 10 energy node with one item you need is giving you an identical return on investment over time to a 20 energy node with two items.

The benefit is the possibility of getting shards that you might need, or that will feed the shard shop if you already have them. The drawback is that you can only do it 3 times before the node needs to be refreshed. It's not a consistent source of gear you can spend all your daily energy+50 crystal refreshes each day. Also there is no node with both cuffs, and guns on it.

I just sim the normal 10 energy node for either cuffs or guns each day (minus 1-2 characters I'm hard farming). Then on hard node activity day I hit any that have 2 useful 50 piece purple gear items on them.
  • Mike98045
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm only getting 5% or less drop rate on most purple gear. This started early in July.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on