Thrawn Lead does not give TM for zDN Health Down Debuff

Xioborg
405 posts Member
Thrawn Lead does not currently give 20% TM in the case that the debuff is a zDN health down.

The 20% TM from the health down debuff appears to be 'lost', maybe due to the 20% gain being applied prior to the TM being set to 0% at Empire's start-of-turn (i.e. 20% is currently applied to 100%, and 'lost'). As a result, the maximum TM an Empire toon can get on starting their turn, getting health down and invoking self-cleanse (i.e. under AI) is 80%. If you add all of the bonuses Thrawn / Shore give, at max, you would expect 100% TM.

Example: DT starts its turn, gets zDN health down (expect 20% TM Thrawn on debuff boost), DT calls cleanse under AI (50% TM), plus if ST is taunting (15% TM), plus 15% from Ebb unique = 100% TM. DT would self-cleanse and then be at 100% TM ready to go again. At it stands, the 20% appears to be lost and under AI it simply cleanses and DT ends its turn at 80% TM.

Given the recent changes to Thrawn / Empire AI, and the wide spread use of zDN in arena, this issue completely hampers Thrawn Empire teams.

Xio

Replies

• Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Xioborg wrote: »
    Thrawn Lead does not currently give 20% TM in the case that the debuff is a zDN health down.

The 20% TM from the health down debuff appears to be 'lost', maybe due to the 20% gain being applied prior to the TM being set to 0% at Empire's start-of-turn (i.e. 20% is currently applied to 100%, and 'lost'). As a result, the maximum TM an Empire toon can get on starting their turn, getting health down and invoking self-cleanse (i.e. under AI) is 80%. If you add all of the bonuses Thrawn / Shore give, at max, you would expect 100% TM.

Example: DT starts its turn, gets zDN health down (expect 20% TM Thrawn on debuff boost), DT calls cleanse under AI (50% TM), plus if ST is taunting (15% TM), plus 15% from Ebb unique = 100% TM. DT would self-cleanse and then be at 100% TM ready to go again. At it stands, the 20% appears to be lost and under AI it simply cleanses and DT ends its turn at 80% TM.

Given the recent changes to Thrawn / Empire AI, and the wide spread use of zDN in arena, this issue completely hampers Thrawn Empire teams.

You only gain the tm when gaining or resisting a debuff. Since you don't gain the health down until your turn, you're already at 100% so you can't gain anything else. On the cleanse the debuff is no longer there so gives no tm. Then at the beginning of a turn when you get it again, you're again at 100% tm so there's nothing more to gain
  • Rakim wrote: »

You only gain the tm when gaining or resisting a debuff. Since you don't gain the health down until your turn, you're already at 100% so you can't gain anything else. On the cleanse the debuff is no longer there so gives no tm. Then at the beginning of a turn when you get it again, you're again at 100% tm so there's nothing more to gain

Seems it was | | this close to be an useful mechanic...
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Rakim wrote: »

Seems it was | | this close to be an useful mechanic...

It's a really good lead against debuff heavy teams but in this particular case it's exploited
  • Sektor
    27 posts Member
    So is this just ignored?