How many were desperate enough to use crystals to buy stuff from the Store's Resources section?

I certainly have. But so far, I didn't not purchase. I had my finger on the button a couple of times though.

Before the 100% Mod drop rate, which coincided with the Double Drop promo not too long ago, I had very few worthwhile Mods. Thus I had a lot of credits piled up, during a period where a whole pile of new Toons were being unlocked, and my Training Droids piles were running low. With 45 5* TDs for 442 crystals, it was somewhat tempting. Luckily I held off.

Now, Credits are starting to dwindle, while TDs are creeping up. I blame having to upgrade so many Mods :p

The "Credit Mega-Pack" for 595 Crystals for 560K-1.68M, but we'll just assume 560K to be safe. It should give more Credits as a minimum to be tempting. At least with Omega Battles Tier 1, 100-Crystal refresh gives you 112.5K. Win it and refresh it 5 more times, and you get 675K. A more reasonable deal than the store.

I'm curious how many people were desperate enough to spend their Crystals for Credits? For whatever reason like an Event or to boost someone from their Arena team, etc.

How many Crystals would you feel is a more reasonable price for the current 560K-1.68M Credits setup? So that you would consider buying it a couple times every month? Not just for when you are desperate.

Same question for the TDs' 5* x 45 pack for 442 Crystals.

If you want to talk about the other stuff you can buy in the Resources section, go ahead.
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

Replies

• PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    u didn't not purchase huh... so u really DID purchase! lol

But to answer , I never really knew that section was there for like a year n a half and no I never bought from there.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    How is buying credits with crystals any more desperate than using crystals for anything else that's technically farmable (like mods, gear, shards etc)?
  • I bought some credits when I was young and dumb in this game
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    i used to buy a few of credits using crystals too. Haven't needed to for a long time since then.
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    u didn't not purchase huh... so u really DID purchase! lol

But to answer , I never really knew that section was there for like a year n a half and no I never bought from there.
    CARP!!! I went through the post a few times and didn't catch my grammatical error.

Need more coffee!!!

• How is buying credits with crystals any more desperate than using crystals for anything else that's technically farmable (like mods, gear, shards etc)?
    With all the gearing, Mod'ing, and leveling up, credits can evaporate quickly. Especially recently with Yoda, Thrawn, Palpatine, and Ewok Events that require multiple Toons to be at a certain level to be able to hit certain achievements.

Of course there are some people who ignore one or more Events because they're more focused on their goal(s).

I read a lot of posts where people are "drooling" over the next Credit Heist, etc. So I was curious if a lot of people are buying resources from the Store, or if the Devs would have to lower the price to get people spend spend spend.

My last credit crunch was relieved when the Cantina Chirpa node was Double Drops. I spent my 300 Crystals there.

I think I still have 1 or 2 Toons that I can star up, but didn't, due to only having 1 million-ish credits at the moment are needed for my Arena team.

I'm sure in about 3-4 months, I most likely won't have to worry about Credits. Most of my teams would be 7* and at Level 85. *crosses fingers*