Forest Moon Assault Battles

Prev1
Why do they make the recommended level 75 and gear level 8 when it's impossible at level 80 gear 10? I've tried over 20 times everytime with HK47 lvl 80 gear X
IG88 lvl 80 gear X
IG 86 lvl 80 gear X
EP lvl 85 gear X
Zader lvl 85 gear X

I've gotten it down to just Chirpa in phase 8 and he solod my entire team. This Tier 1. No really Tier ONE. It has me so upset. How do I complete this dread event that I just want to get first time rewards and never touch it again? Please help.

Replies

• Why do they make the recommended level 75 and gear level 8 when it's impossible at level 80 gear 10? I've tried over 20 times everytime with HK47 lvl 80 gear X
    IG88 lvl 80 gear X
    IG 86 lvl 80 gear X
    EP lvl 85 gear X
    Zader lvl 85 gear X

I've gotten it down to just Chirpa in phase 8 and he solod my entire team. This Tier 1. No really Tier ONE. It has me so upset. How do I complete this dread event that I just want to get first time rewards and never touch it again? Please help.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Imperial troopers
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    That should be enough for tier 1. How are your mods? What other Empire characters do you have?
  • I used to have that problem when this event first came out the key is ditch the droids and go full empire
  • fffssdfqrw
    28 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    as a reference point, I beat all 3 tiers (3 stars) with much less:
    Palp (L) - 7*, level 85, g9
    Vader - 7*, level 85, g9
    TFP - 7*, level 80, g9
    Tarkin - 7*, level 82, g8
    Snowtrooper, 5*, level 80, g8

For me, snowtrooper was a major factor - with his unique (tm gain). Good luck, you can do it!
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Imperial troopers

This^
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i feel like you should be pretty close. I beat it with the following team

HK lead, gear 8, lvl 85
    IG88, gear X, lvl 85
    B2, gear X, lvl 85
    R2, gear XI, lvl 85
    K2so, gear 8, lvl 80, to be honest, k2's not even needed, he usually dies during battle 4 or 5. and i still squeak by all 3 tiers.

you do need a bit of luck, but mainly you need AOE. OR if at least someone who can ability block / stun for the rounds where Elder constantly revives

previously I beat it with EP lead, with some droid stragglers as my empire team's relatively weak as well. But I find the HK lead works just fine, even at gear 8

• Tijack
    76 posts Member
    Palpatine g8 lead, vader g8, thrawn g9, snow and tie g7, beat all 3 tiers.

Had trouble until i put snow in the team (tried tarkin but it just didnt work out).
  • Gamezealot
    152 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    HK (L) (Gear IX), IG 88 (Gear XI), zR2 (Gear XI), Vader (Gear X), EP (Gear VIII)

From wave 6 save all your AOE for wave 8. Whenever you see a murder bear, AOE.

70% of the time, it works every time. I actually find tier 2 harder than Tier 3 for some reason.
  • All of them have mk 5 mods and are 7*
    Hk47 (lead) 7* level 80 mk 5 crit dmg and crit chance gear 10
    IG88 7* level 80 mk4-5 crit dmg crit chance gear 10
    IG86 7* level 80 mk4-5 crit damage crit chance gear 10
    EP 7* level 85 mk4-5 Potency gear 10
    Zader 7* level 85 mk4-5 potency gear 10

I've used this set up because I saw a video and my tfp, Tarkin, and RG are only gear 8 but 7*

I gave up though. It's not worth rewards to me since the only ewok I don't have 7* is scout. Was just hoping to grab some shards for him but probably would get chirpa and Teebo shards anyway who are already 7*

I just tried 5 more times and can't get past phase 4 on Tier1 so I'm just completely done with it. I have always had the worst RNG anyway but usually succeed eventually. This one is just not going to happen for me. I don't have the emotional stamina for it anymore. Thanks for the tips though.
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Imperial troopers

This^

^This^

• Emp lead
    Vader
    TFP
    RG
    R2
    Easy
  • Tobe_Train wrote: »
    Emp lead
    Vader
    TFP
    RG
    R2
    Easy

This is the team I use
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    CryGonJinn wrote: »
    Tobe_Train wrote: »
    Emp lead
    Vader
    TFP
    RG
    R2
    Easy

This is the team I use

Same. R2 made it even easier.
  • I finally did it with above mentioned team. Will probably wait until next one to try tier 2.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Perhaps it's still the old description before they increase the difficulty...a lot of my guildmates can't finish this event now.
  • It is definitely harder. I find that ewok elder constantly revives two ewoks at once. On stages 4 and 8. On stage 4 they constantly dodge ability block ivie each other at the same time as reviving a murder bear. On stage 8 it constantly revives two ewoks at a time one every turn and has speed in excess of TFP, with added sped up from chirpa, so sometimes I see ewok elder goes twice before TFP can AoE. And on top of that, their tm mean they revive and often go immediately.

And that's the second tier.

It not impossible though.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    I would work on the empire characters to get R2-D2. For this event R2-D2 is really great :-) I can finish this event easily.

• Davius
    432 posts Member
    good team synergy helps a lot. Tough spot if you dont have a full droid or empire team.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm pretty sure that Devs don't test this event otherwise they would change the description. After they increased the difficulty of the event they should change the reward and the description... that is not much to do..
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    it is pretty easy just get good aoe even with less gear thAn that i cleared it in the past. is all about strategy
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    also add speed on your character probably the reason you failed
  • It's easy with Veers lead, snow trooper, GMT, TFP and another's AOE'r. I use thrawn to help keep ST AOEing.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    U can try palp lead.. u can do chain with vader force crush, then curling blade, then his basic. Need speedy vader.. i have vader with 200 speed.
  • Just beat it. Zader Lead, Red Guard, TFP, Emp Palp, IG88. Tried HK lead but didn't work. Don't forget to use the bonus ability as free turn meter to get your toons ready.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Why do they make the recommended level 75 and gear level 8 when it's impossible at level 80 gear 10? I've tried over 20 times everytime with HK47 lvl 80 gear X
    IG88 lvl 80 gear X
    IG 86 lvl 80 gear X
    EP lvl 85 gear X
    Zader lvl 85 gear X

Mixing droids and Empire is not the solution. Go for a full Empire or an HK lead with droids.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    You can mix Droid and Empire for this Event. I just use HK-47, IG-88, R2-D2, Darth Vader and Palpatine. Darth Vader is really good to block ability (like the healing, ressing of the Evok Elder) and Palpatine can Area Stun.

The important thing is that you have good Mods on your team. I never had any problems, ofc I could also take my Battledroid and IG-86, but the other 2 are more fun :-)

• Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Probably you need better mods. I did all tiers (bonus tier included) with EP (L), Tarkin, Vader, TFP and RG. All of them level 75, gear 8. My arena team mods help a lot. Also using the special to control turn meter.
  • Onslow
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Xyrex wrote: »
    Probably you need better mods. I did all tiers (bonus tier included) with EP (L), Tarkin, Vader, TFP and RG. All of them level 75, gear 8. My arena team mods help a lot. Also using the special to control turn meter.

What mods do you use? That is my exact team, except mine are all level 85 and gear level 8 or 9. I can't make it past level 4. All my guys have either four or five dot mods maxed out too. It seems I must have the wrong ones though.
  • Tarkin (L), TFP, Snow, Vader and K250 did their thing all the way to bonus.
    High speed and damage output for Snow and TFP are essential.
    K250 soakes up the punches (kill the scouts first, the warrior deal less dmg).
    Tarkin and Vader debuff everyone and snow plowes them down.