Additions to FO for defense

Hey all. Running a maxed FO team. I can fight up to top ten including rank 1 if I try hard enough, but I'll fall down to 35 or so overnight (or worse).

So I've been thinking and I want opinions on characters to switch in for defense. I want to still run a FO team. I tried swapping my undergeared Thrawn for FOO, but I'm not sure it helped at all. My other idea is Kenobi in place of FOTP/FOST.

Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    I switched out my Foo for thrawn(5 star gear 11) .. he's faster and unlike foo who doesn't use marching orders (which is half the reason why FO sucks on defense), Thrawn is likely to grant TM.
    I'd usually fall to mid 20's or even 30's with full FO. Been running thrawn and for 3 days havent fallen lower than teens. Says it all really.
  • Mandoloresb
    35 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I've been using shore trooper instead of FOstormtrooper
    Auto taunt is great and the heal cools down goes even faster with the advantages being thrown aroind by phasma
    Post edited by Mandoloresb on
  • Durzo
    10 posts Member
    Switch out FOST and FOTP for Chaze, you could also put Rex in the lead taking Phasma out and put Nihlus instead of Kylo. For good measure you should also try GK instead of FOO. And your First Order team should hold pretty well on defense
  • Shapelesscrabb
    159 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Durzo wrote: »
    Switch out FOST and FOTP for Chaze, you could also put Rex in the lead taking Phasma out and put Nihlus instead of Kylo. For good measure you should also try GK instead of FOO. And your First Order team should hold pretty well on defense

Hahaha yeah that would just about do it. Thanks for the ideas guys!
  • Im testing out Thrawn instead of FOO and been happy so far. DN will be added soon as well.
  • Durzo
    10 posts Member

No problem dude, hope that helps lol
  • Durzo
    10 posts Member
    But on a series note I would try swapping FOTP out for a cleanser, GK if you have him because having no cleanser on a team is easy pickings for a Sith team or Rebel team
  • Shapelesscrabb
    159 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    But on a series note I would try swapping FOTP out for a cleanser, GK if you have him because having no cleanser on a team is easy pickings for a Sith team or Rebel team
    I'll try him out as soon as he's unlocked and geared. 108 shards so far I believe? Thanks!
    The other cleansin option would be chaze instead of trooper and pilot. Might not be a bad idea
  • I've been using shore trooper instead of FOstormtrooper
    Auto taunt is great and the heal cools down goes even faster with the advantages being thrown aroind by phasma

@Mandoloresb mind sharing your swgoh profile? I'm interested in that comp.
    Do or do not...
  • @DarthZannaH why would you want to see my profile? For mods? Because mine are all traaaaaash
  • @DarthZannaH why would you want to see my profile? For mods? Because mine are all traaaaaash

No mate, just researching and trying to get the most out of other's experiences.
    Do or do not...
  • Durzo wrote: »
    I'll try him out as soon as he's unlocked and geared. 108 shards so far I believe? Thanks!
    The other cleansin option would be chaze instead of trooper and pilot. Might not be a bad idea

Actually, a lot of FO users have tried subbing in Kenobi or another tank and it will never be as good as FOST on offense, while its apparently about the same on defense.

FOST has a counter, but more importantly, he gets assists on his counter when he's zetad. So you can usually expect a few occasions where FOTP will be returning fire along with him. Oh, and he can call an assist OFF his assist, for a triple.

That's a huge amount of damage you are losing there, and for what? FOO can't cleanse everyone, but he can cleanse two, FOST can cleanse himself and Kylo actually does better with debuffs.
    Oh,and I guess you get team retribution, what every 4-5 turns? FOST and Kylo spam retribution constantly and can bring one along a friend.

Which brings me to a bigger problem with FO hybrid squads. Every character you bring in that's not FO, your assist rate drops from 60% to 20%. So a 4/5 FO squad does 85% of the damage a full squad would and FO with Chaze would only have 70% as much damage. Needless to say I've tried FO plus Chaze just for laughs, and for a duo that can supposedly win by themselves, it's weird they actually make FO worse.

As for Shore Trooper, I love him, he's my second favorite tank, but not a good replacement. FO is already getting critical immunity from advantage, which they have constantly. Shore doesn't have a counter, his TM bonus only works from Empire, and while he can regain his taunt very quickly, FOST can regain his before it runs out as well.

FO are like Resistance and Phoenix squad, they are designed to be played with the whole group. The only character who can be subbed in without making the team worse is Thrawn, and just barely. A well modded FO squad can beat anyone on offense. They are terrible on defense, but that's the price you pay for any squad that breaks convention.
  • FO are like Resistance and Phoenix squad, they are designed to be played with the whole group. The only character who can be subbed in without making the team worse is Thrawn, and just barely. A well modded FO squad can beat anyone on offense. They are terrible on defense, but that's the price you pay for any squad that breaks convention.

Well, a well modded FO squad can beat anyone ... except Zaul. Crit immunity + stealth (so bursting someone down) + little AoE + dodge (OH HOW I HATE DODGE) = FO killer.

Honestly, FO is (in my opinion) the best balanced Team in the game. They are impeccably designed, and SWGOH would be a better game if all teams were implemented with such care.

Hopefully when episode 8 comes out, we'll see a few more FO characters. A high damage AoE'er would be great, as well as someone who can help with defense (maybe Hux - give him a unique that regens prot/health on assists or something).