Thrawn lead vs DN unique

Have a couple days before my thrawn lead team is ready. Question about DN unique zeta, does the health down give 20% TM+2% protection. I would assume yes the first time and no the second time if they are already debuffed?

Replies

• Options
    I would guess yes for both. But I have not gotten zeta on Thrawn lead to test out. Will happen in 20 minutes though...
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Have a couple days before my thrawn lead team is ready. Question about DN unique zeta, does the health down give 20% TM+2% protection. I would assume yes the first time and no the second time if they are already debuffed?

Doesn't give tm since the health down occurs ON your toons turn (can't get tm if you're already at 100%).
  • Options
    Rakim wrote: »

Doesn't give tm since the health down occurs ON your toons turn (can't get tm if you're already at 100%).

It would depend on the execution order like a lot of the other scenarios. It can't happen simultaneously so if TM is reduced to 0% before the debuff, it should kick in.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

It would depend on the execution order like a lot of the other scenarios. It can't happen simultaneously so if TM is reduced to 0% before the debuff, it should kick in.

It's a verified fact you don't get tm for the health down (since you're already at 100%). I'm not saying it as an assumption, I'm saying it because it's proven
  • Options

It's a verified fact you don't get tm for the health down (since you're already at 100%). I'm not saying it as an assumption, I'm saying it because it's proven

Just stating that he cant because TM is 100% doesn't prove it but I'll take it if you state it' is proven. Would of saved time just stating that.

Have a nice day.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Just stating that he cant because TM is 100% doesn't prove it but I'll take it if you state it' is proven. Would of saved time just stating that.

Have a nice day.

You asked if the health down gave 20% tm, I answered your question AND gave you the reason why it couldn't. Don't understand what more you could've possibly wanted beyond that.
    Have a good night.
  • Options

Have a nice day.

You asked if the health down gave 20% tm, I answered your question AND gave you the reason why it couldn't. Don't understand what more you could've possibly wanted beyond that.
    Have a good night.

It's clear you don't understand that TM resetting and debuffing on the "start of a turn" are asynchronous events. Nothing like this would be multi-threaded.

It's the same issue as the debuff - buff immunity that is not implemented uniformly, it's subject to individual toon implementation so stating he has 100% TM is quite moot. You're not addressing what I pointed out, you don't know he has 100% TM when he's debuffed unless you know the execution sequence either from looking at the code or observed behavior.

You could say buff immunity isn't applied because the toon has tenacity up, but depends on execution order which depends on which toon you talking about since they all act differently.

I found another thread in the bug section which indicated the observed behavior. I'll go with that.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options

Have a nice day.

Have a good night.

It's clear you don't understand that TM resetting and debuffing on the "start of a turn" are asynchronous events. Nothing like this would be multi-threaded.

It's the same issue as the debuff - buff immunity that is not implemented uniformly, it's subject to individual toon implementation so stating he has 100% TM is quite moot. You're not addressing what I pointed out, you don't know he has 100% TM when he's debuffed unless you know the execution sequence either from looking at the code or observed behavior.

You could say buff immunity isn't applied because the toon has tenacity up, but depends on execution order which depends on which toon you talking about since they all act differently.

I found another thread in the bug section which indicated the observed behavior. I'll go with that.

*sigh* I was just trying to give you the simple answer to your question. If you wanted a step by step explanation to understand here you go.

At the START of your turn, you gain the health down debuff (reading the description of DN as well as his mechanics, the health down is placed at the START of an enemy turn).

At the START of your turn your tm is at 100%. It does not decrease to 0% until the END of your turn. So AFTER you've completed an action.

BECAUSE you gain the health down at the START of your turn (which is when your tm is at 100%) you DO NOT have the opportunity to gain the 20% tm, you're capped out.

The simple thing to do is to look at your units tm when the turn starts, you'll notice it is completely full UNTIL you make an action. THEN and only then does your tm go to 0%. That's at the END of your turn.

That's the mechanics listed to the best of my ability. As someone who has used Thrawn lead multiple times in arena against a zDN, this is tried and true. Now if you were talking about the other aspect of his unique (the DOT he applies during his own turn) THAT can give an empire unit the 20% during his turn. BUT the health down cannot, due to the above mentioned constraints.

I apologize if you thought I was trying to be rude or saying something without evidence. Did not think it was necessary to list the reasons why it was not possible. I thought a simple no and short explanation would do.