How are you preparing for the update?

Prev13
We know that territory battles will require us to use our entire roster. Are you currently leveling and gearing a wide number of toons, or just focusing on current projects? Also, what changes are you hoping for or not hoping for with the update? I'm still hoping they hold off on raising the level and gear caps. It'll give me a chance to work on my other toons.

Replies

• TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Focusing on hoarding gear, as much as I can, you never have enough cuffs, carbantis and stun guns and trying to have all toons from shops at 5* and saving over 10k currency of each, so I can 7* one in like a week and start on the second one of that shop, that it will be 6 toons in about 3 weeks.
    For guild shop I am going for toons at 7* with nothing saved and GW/ship shop getting as many ships at 7* that I can.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    By looking to add another 3-5 players to an already strong guild, but it seems everyone is playing the waiting game because my prediction is the highest tier rewards wont be obtainable to very few guilds the same way the HAAT was.

Additionally, leveling up the bottom of my roster and getting them to at least gear VII.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Leveling up and gearing up where i can. I keep all toons at minimum lvl 51 and i try to get all to g7 or g8 as a baseline
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing special, we still don't know much. For AAT we should increase Jawa and Jedi...this time I just improve my characters which I want and like.

I'm sure we have still plenty of time till we get any new content.
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    Leveling up and gearing up where i can. I keep all toons at minimum lvl 51 and i try to get all to g7 or g8 as a baseline

I've read that a handful of people are taking this approach. I might have to start doing this myself. Put some of that extra gear for early levels to good use.
  • Options
    DarkHelmet wrote: »

I've read that a handful of people are taking this approach. I might have to start doing this myself. Put some of that extra gear for early levels to good use.

There's no difference between doing that now and doing it later when you confirm it's useful. I mean, why spend credits on toons you are not using just in case they turn out to be useful? Better save the resources and just wait. That's always been my approach to this game and it's given me great results.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options

There's no difference between doing that now and doing it later when you confirm it's useful. I mean, why spend credits on toons you are not using just in case they turn out to be useful? Better save the resources and just wait. That's always been my approach to this game and it's given me great results.

Pretty much anyone, like myself, that's been around since the beginning can freely throw credits around at toons for small lvl increases like this. Lvl 51 probably costs something like 500k. Maybe not even that much. I have 40 mil spare credits just chilling on hand. Could easily take all my remaining toons to 51
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

Remember buddy these things tend to blow up in players faces. I remember when people rumored that the coming update was Guild vs Guild PVP and well my guild in preparation leveled and geared all there bottom toons and increased arena rank just in case and well what we got was territory battles that sound amazing on paper but....
    What if only one players gets to complete a certain section of territory battles and let's say it is a battle were you use rebels and that is the only area you use rebels well maybe 3 or 4 guild mates did the territory battle with 5 rebels a piece and the other 13 Rebels that most likely they all have are completely untouched for the rest of the territory battle so guess what? That Pao that you leveled up or that complete Rouge one team that you invested in specifically for Territory battles are now useless because you did it with Wiggs Lando ST Han and OG Han......... just hoard like a maniac and see what you need later.
    1 have 120 Cuffs, 138 Guns, 40 Zetas, 448 Carbanati, 200 omegas, 50M credits and boatloads of currency just piling up because I don't know what I will need if I need anything at all to begin with
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

No.. no.. no.. it's bad idea. Just hoard ur gears, skill stone, credit, etc. Upgrade them once u have the new mode in game.. u will know who need the upgrade n requirement. Resource management man :lol:
  • DABYX
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Being a fairly new player, absolutely nothing.
    Just trying to catch up on making my new Empire team arena worthy after switching but credits are my downfall.

I just hope this mode doesn't put me even further behind!
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I've started to buy Snowtrooper shards from guild shop and started farming Hoth Rebel Soldier.

Everything else is, the same as it ever was...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    DABYX wrote: »
    Being a fairly new player, absolutely nothing.
    Just trying to catch up on making my new Empire team arena worthy after switching but credits are my downfall.

I just hope this mode doesn't put me even further behind!

Bcause this new mode, they said need guild cooperation, and they said have equal reward.. i think u don't need to worry much. Be worry if u not in the right guild.. u know, kind of guild that have 50 members, but only around 10-15 active.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Cm3Po wrote: »

Pretty much anyone, like myself, that's been around since the beginning can freely throw credits around at toons for small lvl increases like this. Lvl 51 probably costs something like 500k. Maybe not even that much. I have 40 mil spare credits just chilling on hand. Could easily take all my remaining toons to 51

I've been around since January 2016, and I assure you you can't just throw your credits like that (unless you are a big spender, of course). What if it turns out to be useless? The guys above explain it better. And you can always use your extra credits to level mods
  • DABYX
    18 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Bcause this new mode, they said need guild cooperation, and they said have equal reward.. i think u don't need to worry much. Be worry if u not in the right guild.. u know, kind of guild that have 50 members, but only around 10-15 active.

Actually I'm in a casual guild of only 4 active members.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    10-15 active players in the guild? Only 4 active players in the guild? That is bad :-( but I can understand it... Atm my guildmates are still joining the raids but the chat is already dead...
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    DABYX wrote: »

Actually I'm in a casual guild of only 4 active members.

Let's wait n see until the new game launch.. if the reward is pretty good, and u want to have them badly, maybe u should consider find active guild :/
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Sairiki1 wrote: »
    10-15 active players in the guild? Only 4 active players in the guild? That is bad :-( but I can understand it... Atm my guildmates are still joining the raids but the chat is already dead...

It was fun at the beginning.. around 40 active at the beginning, January 2017 around 30, now maybe around 15 - 20. Chat is dead also.

I should move to another guild to strengthen my rooster, but i don't see a reason why should i?
    Benefit of guild is raid, but since the reward is full RNG.. i don't have interest to move. Just carry on with what i have.

Sad isn't? :/
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

I've been around since January 2016, and I assure you you can't just throw your credits like that (unless you are a big spender, of course). What if it turns out to be useless? The guys above explain it better. And you can always use your extra credits to level mods
    I, for one, immediately raise every new character to level 43 (which is enough to get to G6) and then also gear them up as much as I can without using any gear that I don't have plenty of. In most cases, that's G5 or G6.
    Level 43 only costs about 125k, and Bronziums have given me so much low level gear that it's never really an issue to gear characters until G7 or G8.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    Sairiki1 wrote: »

It was fun at the beginning.. around 40 active at the beginning, January 2017 around 30, now maybe around 15 - 20. Chat is dead also.

I should move to another guild to strengthen my rooster, but i don't see a reason why should i?
    Benefit of guild is raid, but since the reward is full RNG.. i don't have interest to move. Just carry on with what i have.

Sad isn't? :/

Yes, make no sense to move to an other guild. Our guildleader left the game last week with a lot maxed characters because the game is too boring atm.
  • Options
    Same as usual other than farming Hoth related toons, hoard anything not related directly to current or future arena team.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    There's nothing to do since we have no news about what is exactly this Territory Battle. Already enough to do by leveling my arena team and I don't waste resourves to gear up some toons that finally I won't use.
    The only thing that I'm doing is getting shards for ships.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    Options
    I've always been OCD about keeping all my guys minimum lvl 40, and gear IV. I've been wondering if I have been wasting credits since I noticed my guild mates have alot of guys at lvl 1. Well looks on top now. Lol
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    ponce104 wrote: »
    I've always been OCD about keeping all my guys minimum lvl 40, and gear IV. I've been wondering if I have been wasting credits since I noticed my guild mates have alot of guys at lvl 1. Well looks on top now. Lol

I have this OCD about integers. I always upgrade my toons with last number 0 or 5. I don't feel comfortable see lvl 61, 83, 47, etc. 65, 85, or 50 seems more enjoyable lol :lol:
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    ponce104 wrote: »

I have this OCD about integers. I always upgrade my toons with last number 0 or 5. I don't feel comfortable see lvl 61, 83, 47, etc. 65, 85, or 50 seems more enjoyable lol :lol:

I recently finished leveling the toons I want to develop, so I started to level maximum toons to 70 by jumps (50, 60 and 70).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    hoarding, hoarding and some more hoarding.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vizo
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I would definately start hoarding like a mad man in stead of throwing resources after something you atm. don't know if you will need.

At the current state of the game you don't gain anything from upgrading low tier characters, but depending what update looks like you might find that having 10 chars. at max level gear 8 beats 30 chars. lvl 50 gear 6.
    So save up and see where it takes you.
  • Options
    I don't mind the level cap raising so much, but I really hope they don't raise gear levels. They still haven't scaled the gear grinding from the last update. If you add gear levels to characters, the previous gear levels should be easier to obtain than they originally were. It's just like in any MMO when the level cap is raised and/or gear stats are raised. For example; in WoW the level cap used to be 60, and it was hard to get to 60. but when the level cap became 100, they made it way simpler to hit 60. This game doesn't seem to do that anytime they raise something.
  • Options
    Update?! Which update? Not preparing for anything before I get some solid info about what and when.
    So the usual hoarding here and doing enough to stay top 50 arena, first is fleet and second in hAAT.
  • Options
    For the people gearing toons, how is Ugnaught working for ya.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm hoarding GW tokens, that's about it. Got so burned by the AAT raid and Jawas last summer. I farmed Jawas when I should have been gearing/farming other heroes (like Wedge). Then the raid was delayed, and Jawas as a team turned out to be mediocre at best. So this time I'm taking a wait-and-see approach.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
This discussion has been closed.