Underrated Jedi and especially Plo Koon

Prev1
Big_Boss
2326 posts Member
edited July 2017
Well I don't think Jedi are as underrated as they use to be, they made a solid stand against the chaze meta, Rex meta, Nihilis meta and are still holding up against Thrawn (although Thrawn has been my biggest issue yet since I swapped to Jedi about 2-3 months ago or more) but as many of you Know there is only 6 Jedi that have been considered arena worthy
General Kenobi
Anakin
Ezra
Qui Gon Jin
Ayala
Yoda
(Honorable mention to Barriss not used in Jedi teams but under a General Kenobi Lead as a "Protect the Nihilus team")
Also R2 is no Jedi but he is a main stay in all present Jedi squads.
Well I got tiered of using the same group and I just wanted to try something different so I Maxed out Plo Koon put some decent mods on him and I just said screw it it's worth a shot. I used
ZQGJ lead
GK
Ezra
RZ-DZ
Plo Koon
Boy was I surprised. First of all I didn't make him as fast as my other Jedi cause I couldn't afford to do a massive mod shake up so he is the slowest of the bunch. All my characters took there move except Plo, my opponent got like 2 moves of and Plo moved giving my team Extra TM and so I annihilated my opponent much faster then usual
Second his dispel on Basic is very Reliable although RNG will sometimes be RNG and mess up but my experience is that I would dispel all buffs more often then not.
Third Plo was criting at 16K basic hits and my Jaw dropped when I saw him hitting that hard.
I'm not saying Plo is one of the best Jedi but he is indeed Viable especially if you are committed to Jedi and have trouble with all these Chaze and Kenobi teams.
How can he be better? I pray for one day a partial Faction pass for Jedi to buff at least Plo Koon, Mace Windu and Kit Fisto (Maybe Lumi) but Plo really I think his basic should dispel all buffs 100% of the time like Nihilis. His Force Judgment needs a complete overhaul because all it does is give Offense down and since it's AoE it just feeds Rex teams or can trigger a Kenobi Retribution Party because of poor AI. His Take the Charge would be amazing if it also cleansed or gave tenacity up but this isn't exactly necessary change to make him good, it would help though. His leader ability should be given as a unique and he should get a different Leader ability or leave that leader ability ( buff it a little) and give him a solid unique.
Lastly he should be Labeled a Support Character and not a tank because he doesn't even have tank abilities and his kit and his personality imo are more of a support type character plus if paired with Ezra you can use Watch and Learn to compensate for his very low speed.
I remember @MasterQuinanVos made a great Idea for a Jedi Faction pass that's seamed on the money and I wish it happens.

Replies

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/110175/jedi-faction-pass-idea-including-reworks-brand-new-abilities-uniques-and-zetas/p1

This was @MasterQuinanVos Rework idea a long time ago. Hopefully before years end this happens or something along the lines
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Well Plo does have the second highest basic attack damage for Jedi after Young Ahsoka (obviously not counting the Jedi with bonuses their basic wouid receive like Mace's +50% more damage if he's above 50% health or Ezra and his stacking offense and double tap) so him hitting that hard with ZQGJ lead shouldn't be to shocking. His basic has a 50% chance to dispell all buffs too, so that fact that it's frequent shouldn't be a surprise either. But like you said the main thing he's basically adding to your squad is the 50% tm gain with AOE defense up. If Ezra's flourish is on a cooldown you can W&L Plo for dispell and +40% protection for both toons.

But I admire the uniqueness of your squad in using a toon that no one uses that much at all (outside of fleet) and allowing it to manipulate the TM in your favor.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    The fact that his basic speed is low is blocking for arena. If he could counter or be faster, he would be more reliable and maybe more used. I also don't understand those bunch of toons labelled tanks that are less tanky than the new attackers.
    I also would like to see a rework for Eeth Koth (I think my 3rd 7* character), Kit Fisto and Mace. Their leader abilities must be unique and shared with other Jedis.
    Plo is a tank with a medium HP+Prot and hit fine with his basic where Kit is an attacker with high HP+Prot but a weak basic (something wrong here).
  • Yeah you can put him behind IGD-L for countering, but outside of a Jedi pass, him Mace, Kit, Koth, etc won't be viable.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I wish Eeth Koth would get a rework cause he sucks. Also because I have him 7*, so I'm biased. Lol EK was my first unique toon so he was like 5* already by the time I realized he wasn't good, but I was already committed to him to get me 7* Yoda, so I finished him. Lol
    Post edited by ponce104 on
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    The fact that his basic speed is low is blocking for arena. If he could counter or be faster, he would be more reliable and maybe more used. I also don't understand those bunch of toons labelled tanks that are less tanky than the new attackers.
    I also would like to see a rework for Eeth Koth (I think my 3rd 7* character), Kit Fisto and Mace. Their leader abilities must be unique and shared with other Jedis.
    Plo is a tank with a medium HP+Prot and hit fine with his basic where Kit is an attacker with high HP+Prot but a weak basic (something wrong here).

Kit fisto offense buff on his unique has been fixed so he's not weaker than Plo Koon, he can hit twice, retaliate and most importantly can get TM by hitting, it makes him way more agressive than Plo Koon.

Truth is that most jedis are outdated and performing really bad unless you synergize your team around zQGJ (more speed and more damage). Do you often see jedis in various teams except from GK, Bariss for utility or eventually Ezra on a rebel team ?

Each time i see a jedi team without zQGJ in GWs it reminds me how weak they are individually... :/
  • The only change I'd love to see for plo would be to his leader ability, add a zeta that adds irresistible daze when dispelling stealth, if they already had daze add ability block, if they already had ability block & daze, then stun for one turn.

Gives an actual answer to zMaul squads but leaves other squads strong against you keeping him from becoming meta but vastly upping his usability.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »

Kit fisto offense buff on his unique has been fixed so he's not weaker than Plo Koon, he can hit twice, retaliate and most importantly can get TM by hitting, it makes him way more agressive than Plo Koon.

Truth is that most jedis are outdated and performing really bad unless you synergize your team around zQGJ (more speed and more damage). Do you often see jedis in various teams except from GK, Bariss for utility or eventually Ezra on a rebel team ?

Each time i see a jedi team without zQGJ in GWs it reminds me how weak they are individually... :/

Yeah right, I thought his unique was for counter attack but it seems it's for everything. It's applied to the Physical damage so he hits for 4375 with his basic. Plo hits for 4872. So with the double tap, it can be good. But his special is nevertheless useless since you don't need a lot of potency to apply a debuff.
    I need to test him again since I've got him at 7* gr 9.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    As far as plo not being a real tank I kinda agree with although a tank is basically a toon to keep your team from taking as much damage. So offense down kinda fits (although useless due to every viable team comp having a cleanse, tenacity up or both)
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    @Krayden_Phogg with all the stories of how bad he is I never noticed none of that lol. I made it to first in arena today using him instead of Anakin. I have been lazy lately with arena but since using Plo is fun I just decided to go all the way lol.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    @BulYwif his speed is a issue if I swapped some of my other best mods he would go up to around 210 speed plus 30 from QGJ makes 240 but with those exact mods I can get Ezra to I believe over 240 without QGJ bonus so yes his speed is a limitation.
    Also I must agree that Plo for a Tank his base stats make no sense what so ever and I believe he should be re- classified a supporting character and his Force Judgment should be changed to a AoE dispel so he would be the only Jedi AoE dispel toon so it would make him more a supporting toon.
    Kit Fisto on the other hand I don't even know what to do with him lol.

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    @zombiwan_kenobi you have experience with Kit Fisto?? You just made me want to max him next just for the sake of fun.
    Also Jedi without that ZQGJ lead are horrible I believe in the Jedi pass they need to make a second solid Jedi lead because really sometimes I get tired of using ZQGJ lead exclusively for my Jedi. I hope they make Mace Windu a solid lead in a buff update just to mix it up a little.
    Also I did like Eeth in the Clone Wars series especially how he knew a ancient hand sign language so the Republic could find him but I definitely liked Plo Koon and Kit Fisto way more lol. Nothing personal @ponce104 if he gets a buff then amen I'll use him too lol
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    As far as plo not being a real tank I kinda agree with although a tank is basically a toon to keep your team from taking as much damage. So offense down kinda fits (although useless due to every viable team comp having a cleanse, tenacity up or both)

Exactly @godgiven45 this is why I refuse to say he's a tank lol. I prefer he would just AoE dispel and call it a day making him a supporter.
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    @Krayden_Phogg with all the stories of how bad he is I never noticed none of that lol. I made it to first in arena today using him instead of Anakin. I have been lazy lately with arena but since using Plo is fun I just decided to go all the way lol.

Congrats on getting first in arena with Plo. I'm assuming you're on a newer shard?

As for Kit (mentioned in other posts) I love using him behind IGD-L in GW and sometimes raids. Ups his countering to 70%. He has an insane health pool for being a attacker (tank health really) so you don't really need health mods on him, you can focus on offense mods and really crank out the damage, especially since his superior bladework gives him +20% offense. Put a mod set on him (and counting only the offense primary sqaure) and you're adding another 15% making him meow gain +35% offense. Behind a jka lead? +65% offense. Or behind ZQGJ and if you get his speed high he's getting that in offense x3.

Man just talking about Kit this way makes me want to get him to gear X and put some offense mods on him lol
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Congrats on getting first in arena with Plo. I'm assuming you're on a newer shard?

As for Kit (mentioned in other posts) I love using him behind IGD-L in GW and sometimes raids. Ups his countering to 70%. He has an insane health pool for being a attacker (tank health really) so you don't really need health mods on him, you can focus on offense mods and really crank out the damage, especially since his superior bladework gives him +20% offense. Put a mod set on him (and counting only the offense primary sqaure) and you're adding another 15% making him meow gain +35% offense. Behind a jka lead? +65% offense. Or behind ZQGJ and if you get his speed high he's getting that in offense x3.

Man just talking about Kit this way makes me want to get him to gear X and put some offense mods on him lol

Kit has some issues though. He's slow so he only shines under a counter lead such as IGD.
    He lacks of utility, an absurd low damage AoE with potency buff doesn't bring anything to a jedi team, maybe potency should buff special damage too, i don't know...
    He relies too much upon RNG since his double hit chance is way too low. They solved this kind of issue with Ezra but as many jedis, Kit's kit is outdated.

If his only purpose is to slice everything, at least make him deal massive damages.
    Atm jedis seriously lack of synergies, even their outdated powers are totally impaired by current metas.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    @zombiwan_kenobi you have experience with Kit Fisto?? You just made me want to max him next just for the sake of fun.
    Also Jedi without that ZQGJ lead are horrible I believe in the Jedi pass they need to make a second solid Jedi lead because really sometimes I get tired of using ZQGJ lead exclusively for my Jedi. I hope they make Mace Windu a solid lead in a buff update just to mix it up a little.
    Also I did like Eeth in the Clone Wars series especially how he knew a ancient hand sign language so the Republic could find him but I definitely liked Plo Koon and Kit Fisto way more lol. Nothing personal @ponce104 if he gets a buff then amen I'll use him too lol

GK can be a good leader too with the usual R2, Ezra, zYoda and JKA. But you're right that Jedis need more choices for their lead. The old IGD lead is now unuseful. I ran him with Kit when I was a padawan last year :smile: but he's outdated. Ima can still be fun in GW with Kit, GK, Aayla and Ezra.
    Most of the leader's ability should be changed to unique that can be shared among Jedis like the troopers. Ima's unique will give counter attacks, Kit tenacity and defense, Plo possibility to remove stealth and Jedis would be more efficient.

Kit has some issues though. He's slow so he only shines under a counter lead such as IGD.
    He lacks of utility, an absurd low damage AoE with potency buff doesn't bring anything to a jedi team, maybe potency should buff special damage too, i don't know...
    He relies too much upon RNG since his double hit chance is way too low. They solved this kind of issue with Ezra but as many jedis, Kit's kit is outdated.

If his only purpose is to slice everything, at least make him deal massive damages.
    Atm jedis seriously lack of synergies, even their outdated powers are totally impaired by current metas.

He totally does. He's not arena viable at all. I was merely talking about GW or raids when Kit is behind IGD or JKA or Mace and equipped with offense. He can be viable/fun in their areas. ZQGJ is fine too if you boost his speed a lot. Once the Jedi pass comes out those, there are going to be SO many Jedi teams in the top meta and with different squads. Kit, Mace, Plo, (assuming Ahsoka, Old Ben, Lumi too) will shake things up and that's before JKL drops (not CLS who is not a Jedi)

He totally does. He's not arena viable at all. I was merely talking about GW or raids when Kit is behind IGD or JKA or Mace and equipped with offense. He can be viable/fun in their areas. ZQGJ is fine too if you boost his speed a lot. Once the Jedi pass comes out those, there are going to be SO many Jedi teams in the top meta and with different squads. Kit, Mace, Plo, (assuming Ahsoka, Old Ben, Lumi too) will shake things up and that's before JKL drops (not CLS who is not a Jedi)

I don't see much squad leaders though. IGD, Mace or Anakin are definitely those who could shine, Old Ben could be interesting too if they achieve something similiar to zMaul.

Problem is that you can't beat much speed/attack/foresight in arena. What Jedis need the most currently is synergy (apart from some interesting assists i must confess) and utility, apart from QGJ they can't affect TM efficiently (Old Ben or Yoda can but only with awfully long CD powers - not much reliable). Most raids need TM manipulation and even if Jedis are buffed in Haat they're still performing really bad.

Jedis really need that faction pass since they have the highest number of toons but also the least useful.
  • Q. What's got two legs and never gets to attack twice?

A. Mace, IGD, Plo, Eeth...
  • I would love to see more useful jedi and synergies between JKA and R2D2.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member

Lol @Krayden_Phogg you'd be surprised I'm actually on a December 2015 server Really my mods are not A+++ but they are good enough to make my way past most teams on my shard (even with Plo) and if I have any BIG issues I just hit the Arena discord chat but that hasn't happened since I swapped to Jedi Lead in arena.

@zombiwan_kenobi When Old Ben/ Dooku were meta the Anakin rework destroyed them but yeah he's not exactly a Jedi lead he's a general lead. Definitely more options would be great cause 15 Jedi and only one solid leader and a second Good lead doesn't help

I don't see much squad leaders though. IGD, Mace or Anakin are definitely those who could shine, Old Ben could be interesting too if they achieve something similiar to zMaul.

Problem is that you can't beat much speed/attack/foresight in arena. What Jedis need the most currently is synergy (apart from some interesting assists i must confess) and utility, apart from QGJ they can't affect TM efficiently (Old Ben or Yoda can but only with awfully long CD powers - not much reliable). Most raids need TM manipulation and even if Jedis are buffed in Haat they're still performing really bad.

Jedis really need that faction pass since they have the highest number of toons but also the least useful.

There are Jedi though that should be good squad leaders and after reworks, very well might. Like you said Mace, IGD, JKA, Old Ben, obviously not counting QGJ, I haven't used GK but his lead seems solid) Yoda should have a good lead, JKL should have a god lead when he drops. It'd be nice if Plo and or Kit got some clone lead synergy.

The Jedi also don't have a cleanser or AOE dispeller (both could happen with reworks and/or new Jedi.

It's a little surprising a Jedi pass hasn't dropped yet, but I think they are waiting till they drop JKL. Also gotta think at some point they'll release Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti.

Lol @Krayden_Phogg you'd be surprised I'm actually on a December 2015 server Really my mods are not A+++ but they are good enough to make my way past most teams on my shard (even with Plo) and if I have any BIG issues I just hit the Arena discord chat but that hasn't happened since I swapped to Jedi Lead in arena.

@zombiwan_kenobi When Old Ben/ Dooku were meta the Anakin rework destroyed them but yeah he's not exactly a Jedi lead he's a general lead. Definitely more options would be great cause 15 Jedi and only one solid leader and a second Good lead doesn't help

I'm quite surprised to be honest. Are you able to sustain that position or was it just a one off because you were already in top 5?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member

I'm quite surprised to be honest. Are you able to sustain that position or was it just a one off because you were already in top 5?

Nah actually I left PLO over night and woke up still top 15. Around my Payout I'll begin attacks again but I keep playing around with Plo and my results are consistent and actually my shard mates told me they are losing more toons when battling Plo instead of Anakin but Anakin obviously had more burst damage potential.
    Here is my SWGOH GG
    https://swgoh.gg/u/bigboss/ Just in case your curious

Nah actually I left PLO over night and woke up still top 15. Around my Payout I'll begin attacks again but I keep playing around with Plo and my results are consistent and actually my shard mates told me they are losing more toons when battling Plo instead of Anakin but Anakin obviously had more burst damage potential.
    Here is my SWGOH GG

Sweet. Yeah with Plo for Anakin, you're adding dispel and Turn meter manipulation (and gaining of offense down debuff and defense up buff) for heal and buff immunity debuffs and high DPS when allies get rocked or die. Plus Plo won't be targeted as much as JKA so when he's left unchecked, you're gaining the TM plus a little survivability.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    BTW between Plo Koon or Kit Fisto I prefer Plo to be the one to have a lead with Clone Synergy. Kit Fisto I believe should be a amazing attacker for Jedi
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member

Here is my SWGOH GG

Sweet. Yeah with Plo for Anakin, you're adding dispel and Turn meter manipulation (and gaining of offense down debuff and defense up buff) for heal and buff immunity debuffs and high DPS when allies get rocked or die. Plus Plo won't be targeted as much as JKA so when he's left unchecked, you're gaining the TM plus a little survivability.

Exactly but the only issue I notice is that Plo AI tends to use the Force Judgment even if Tenacity up is on the enemy so yeah his A.I weakenes him on defense but if he got it buffed to AoE dispel and then Offense down being applied that would make him a incredibly good Jedi support.
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    BTW between Plo Koon or Kit Fisto I prefer Plo to be the one to have a lead with Clone Synergy. Kit Fisto I believe should be a amazing attacker for Jedi

Plo fought more Aerial and Kit was ground (hence Plo being a good poor in hand) but both were Clone generals and deserve Clone synergy (more then just PLO's take charge.
    Post edited by Krayden_Phogg on
  • Thank you for this, I've been tinkering with the idea of plo, and will actually give him a go now.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Thank you for this, I've been tinkering with the idea of plo, and will actually give him a go now.

@THEmountain343 I have been using him now for almost a week haven't dropped past 20 since I placed him in. For me what has worked best is
    ZQGJ Lead
    General Kenobi
    Ezra
    RZ- DZ
    Plo Koon
    I have tried different stuff like swapping between R2 and Ezra for Ayala, Yoda and Anakin but don't have the same success. I actually have a easier time in arena with Plo Koon in Anakin's place.