How I got my yoda string

Asic
1146 posts Member
I am interested in how people got their Yodas (of any star), if it's worth sharing. I fear posting for this becoming a rant on whales, acronyms of any sort, or OP gibberish.

Forum Popo- feel free to delete or edit any post which can't follow along that line of thinking.

I won my 7 star yoda after many hours grinding and losing losing losing. I had many close matches where I beat the Jedi spawns, had yoda at red, and he three turned me joint out my 2-4 remaining toons. Other times I focused on yoda and had him at red- same end. This was incredibly frustrating; but in the end rewarding.

My team
Lumi - leader- advice: so not use the ability block early as yoda resists and gets 10 turn meter. More importantly evade made massive difference on those times she yoda tried to
3 shot the same toon.
Qgj- I played him as leader a lot but found the speed did not help as much as healing leaders. He isn't great as he dies from 2 yoda hits and misses a lot with Yodas foresight.
Kit - helpful as he can take hits and not die in 2 shots. Also the counter was nice- if yoda hit him, kit could counter and clear the foresight. Ayla would play same role. Even Ima gun di may have a purpose but I had him at 4 star.
JC- I needed two healers. Barris would be better. He barely survived any round and I was more apt to use his group heal and let him die than his self heal.
Mace - mixed on the revamp. He is useless god by AI and I was able to expose yoda as manytimes in 50 tries as he spawned mace and exposed me. In the round I won I exposed yoda twice including the finishing round that I was about to assume hopeless.

Yoda spawned bariss and anakin (bugged). I say bugged because it's clearly not intentional but he made a difference on other occasions when his 1 star Jedi infant self used heal immunity at a key point. Maybe this was Dev joke that yoda never really trusted that little baby Vader. Barris spawn was interesting- on several occasions yoda would spawn Barris and my strategy was to get Barris and other spawn to near zero so the heal pulled Yodas away. This is key as it makes Yodas foresight ineffective. My device is if barriss spawns atleast roll the dice and don't reset.

I spent a couple hundred dollars when I started in December and was able to star 7
Kit. Also Liea but I didn't find them fun. I stopped chroms and just built with some crystals for refreshing.

Side note - yoda is lots of fun at 7 star 8'gear in arena but I am still losing to Poe DPS teams.