Ship Recommended Levels - Tier V Endurance

Soo, Level 82, 5* ships...check (level 85)...Requirements Met? CHECK (JC, Fives, Ahsoka, Wiggs)..Pilots geared up? All 7* min gear 8 just looking for the last piece of raid gear (Wiggs G10). CHECK

I don't use Endurance anymore, but it's level 79. Alright! Let's see what happens?

I had three ships left by the time I got a turn. Didn't kill a single one. My ships arent' great, but I'm top 100 in my shard at least.

One comment: Why why why are the 'minimum requirements' in this game so flatly wrong for some events? It's great that the events are challenging, but why set expectations high by misstating the minimum requirements? I found the Forest Assault to be similar.

Question: Is there a strategy to prevent the FO Ties from going again and again and again? It was quite literally 11 attacks including the Executrix before I had a chance to go once. If only there was a transparent way to increase a ship's speed...

Replies

• The first order tie fighter keeps on attacking likely due to target lock. They get tm when target locked ships are attacked.

Keep running it. Eventually the AI breaks and no reinforcements are called by the enemy. That's how I cleared all the fleet commander challenges.
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I would say use a fast dark side ship.... like ITF, or Tie Advanced.... greatly speeds up your team...
    BTW, the FOTFs which you face in the challenge are all maxed out, and gain 82.5 percent turn meter whenever an enemy becomes target locked.. with Tarkin... that is quite often... and his strafe blasts you away in seconds... I suggest using some tanky ships as well as some fast ones for it... It took me a few gos too... Use FOTF itself... it works...!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    7_GSTF wrote: »
    I would say use a fast dark side ship.... like ITF, or Tie Advanced.... greatly speeds up your team...
    BTW, the FOTFs which you face in the challenge are all maxed out, and gain 82.5 percent turn meter whenever an enemy becomes target locked.. with Tarkin... that is quite often... and his strafe blasts you away in seconds... I suggest using some tanky ships as well as some fast ones for it... It took me a few gos too... Use FOTF itself... it works...!

Isn't the Endurance challenge light side only ships? FOTF couldn't be used if this is the case.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    7_GSTF wrote: »

Isn't the Endurance challenge light side only ships? FOTF couldn't be used if this is the case.

Yes, yes it is - this isn't the zeta challenge, which I'm also most likely going to get served the first time I try it. Already trying to exceed expectations there by 6*ing the few viable ships I have. To any new player I would say ignore dark side ships at your peril. Slave I, Scimitar, Tie Advanced X1 and the two ties together are formidable, especially with the Executrix as lead.

Why does the dark side get all the good stuff (with the exception of Wiggs / Chaze)?? I'm sure Red 5 requiring Commander Luke and R2 will restore balance to the ships galaxy.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Are your pilots modded? They need L15, 5-dot mods of any type. Stats don't matter.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    PSA: "Minimum Requirements" does NOT mean "easy win", "guaranteed victory" or even "probable win". It's the absolute bare minimum needed to even attempt. Ever play a PC game with just the "Minimum Requirements"? It's doesn't usually go well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    You need to get lucky and make it through the opening attacks without anyone getting target locked. Otherwise the FOTFs just keep attacking. Keep replaying until that happens. Then hope the AI doesn't reinforce.

My ships/pilots are all level 85. I used Rex g11, CS g9, JC g9, Ashoka g10, and Biggs g10. All 7* pilots. All ships 7* except Rex and CS (5*)

Barely beat it.
  • @Nikoms565 It also does NOT mean "virtually impossible in all but the rarest of cases". Or maybe it does - I don't know. I also don't know what "absolute bare minimum needed to even attempt" means, but it implies that victory is possible, otherwise why would you attempt it? I contend that victory is not possible with ships and a player of that minimum required level for that event. If you question that, look at DRVs post above.Three of five ships where 7* - that means more than 555 more total ship shards than the 'minimum required' (or more than double the minimum requirement for those three ships), and victory was not easy.

I'm not asking them to change the difficulty of the event, just set more realistic expectations.

• I agree with the OP, minimum requirements to attempt mean you can win if odds are in your favor and you have no chance if u are below that. Otherwise min requirements for everything can be just have the toon unlocked.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The minimum requirements are just for attempting it. This will show you how much work you'll need to do to finish it. I think it's better to allow people to preview the event/challenge rather than lock them out until they've geared up. Imagine if you had no idea what the event difficultly was like at all, and you then spent a ton of resources gearing up the ships and pilots to meet the requirements, and when you finally were able to do the challenge, it was a complete pushover. That wouldn't be good either, as you'd likely have wasted a lot more resources that you might have needed.
    I remember when I did this challenge that it was heavily RNG dependent, and I just kept trying it until I cleared it.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Endurance was easier than the others. I could not do AA until way later and AA was my main fleet arena team. I have most light side ships and toons maxed. All of these challenges were RNG dependent. To the point that I believe I was just doing it on auto until one day I cleared it. It is one boring , frustrating match.
  • I would give you a strategy to use but honestly after months and months of getting creamed this morning I targeted one of the FOTP ships and hit auto and when I looked at my phone minutes later it was a victory. No idea how but I lost zero ships. My ships were:

Fives LVL 85 g9 7* toon and ship
    Rex LVL 85 g11 7* toon and 6* ship
    Clone sarge LVL 85 g8 7* toon and 7* ship
    JC LVL 81 g8 7* toon and 7* ship and
    Plo Koon LVL 75 g9 6* toon 5* ship

I had Biggs, Ahsoka, and Wedge on standby but their ships are much worse and not even leveled as much as Plo koons ship which itself is terrible compared to the other 4 that were used. My guess if you have at least this or around this you should be ok. Also to note my Mace Windu is g8 7* fully leveled ship and toon.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • @kalidor That's a perfectly reasonable and well thought through response. I would think the same thing could be accomplished by simply allowing completion of the previous tier to be the prerequisite for the next tier.

I just realized the minimum requirements have absolutely nothing to do with what it takes to complete the event.

They have eberything to do with ensuring players progress their entire rosters, not just parts of it. For example, players who focused on DS ships, but wanted to fill out their collection would invariably have to spend a bunch of resources on getting ships up to star level. Likewise, players with three maxed out high quality ships (Biggs / Wedge / Rex maybe?) didn't just roll in with a bunch of other, um, cannon fodder and complete the event.

Thanks for all of the ideas and stories on how to beat it - it's comforting to know I'm not alone.
  • Finally beat it today. My ships were 6 and 7 star, level 85, endurance was only in the 60s, never leveled t much. Pilots all 7 star, mainly gear 10, some 8s.

Came down to RNG, no reinforcements in. Take out FO Ties, then Slave 1, and save the evasive TIEs for last.