One shot kills

Lightwalker
256 posts Member
edited July 2017
I just wanted to post about this as I feel it ruins the game having this in it.

I recognise that Nihilus is supposed to be able to do this.

However at the time of introducing protection the devs stated it was to stop characters from being able to one shot kill people (in reaction to reys use in arena)

If this is the case why (after introducing protection to negate this) have they increased attack power so that toons such as Kylo and Chirret can one shot kill a character.

An example of this is Chirret who can hit well of 35k on his special attack allowing him (if fast enough) to kill a character from the opposing team straight from the start.

What was the point in introducing protection if you are just going to create the same problem that protection was supposed to fix?

Replies

• Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Nihilus' attack has a cooldown to start the battle, where a special attack that hits for 30k does not...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    The power creep is the carrot and the protection is the stick.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Nihilus' attack has a cooldown to start the battle, where a special attack that hits for 30k does not...

Swing and a miss- you completely missed OP's topic, go back and try reading a post before you comment.

To OP:
    I see where you're coming from and agree Kylo Ren and Chirrut shouldn't be to do this, however characters like Boba Fett & Darth Vader I feel are balanced and can only very rarely one shot people right out of the gate. So I'd say it's more of a problem with the broken/overpowered characters that they've introduced recently (also excluding Nihilus, of course).
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Yes, Nihilus should be excluded from this. But, yes, characters like Kylo and Chirrut are simply too op. Boba and Vader are different, as they rely more on the current conditions of the filed for their OTK.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Tedbeast wrote: »

Swing and a miss- you completely missed OP's topic, go back and try reading a post before you comment.
    To OP:
    I see where you're coming from and agree Kylo Ren and Chirrut shouldn't be to do this, however characters like Boba Fett & Darth Vader I feel are balanced and can only very rarely one shot people right out of the gate. So I'd say it's more of a problem with the broken/overpowered characters that they've introduced recently (also excluding Nihilus, of course).

Maybe... I read it 3 more times and I guess I'm just stoopid or OP and I just do not communicate well together. I have a maxed out Chirrut with critch/dmg mods and never seen him 1-shot anyone who is similar. Most characters I face have waaaay more prot/health that there is no way to take them out in the 1st turn. Now in GW on node 5... yeah, I'm wrecking them, but never in arena.

Either way, sorry and I'll just stay in my lane :)

• I have a max'd out Chirrut and Kylo and they never 1-shot anyone in arena on the 1st rounds... just too much health and protection. Now node 5 of GW, yeah, but never a character at similar level/gear.

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Only thing close to a first turn one shot is zATF, Wiggs combo, Rey, or GK 5-man assist. Everything else takes time to work into. Nothing too powerful implemented yet
  • Lightwalker
    256 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Yoda tenacity up and then chirruts special (I hate his name I always spell it incorrectly) can one shot a few toons.

I have also seen Kylo hit 72k on a single hit from his attack which would one shot quite a few characters in the game. (This takes no setting up on your part, just being attacked)

I'm not talking about the very first turn of a match I'm saying no toon should be able to one shot anyone unless it is a special on cooldown like DN.

Video for Kylo hitting 72k in chirrut in arena below;
    https://youtu.be/rb8p9717uAk

To say they can't do it on the very first turn of the match is completely irrelevant, Rey never could do that as she needs buffs to increase her attack power!, they still introduced the protection in order to stop characters from being able to one shot another character, the video above shows that isn't the case anymore!

***i realise this video is a few months old but it is a good example of what I am talking about regarding attacks like this
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I wish my zKylo could do that every time. But to imply that this happens every time a zetaed Kylo gets in a match is just false advertising...