Familiar faces rejoin our hero as the journey continues…

Replies

• Anyone else put off by the probability of this being a hoth version of Luke? I want Luke but for me the snowsuit isn't very appealing
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    It is not old Ben.
    Hey said "Commander Luke" so I am thinking Episode V not Episode IV.
    Maybe Lando, Han, Leia, Others chars from V
    But, maybe I am wrong...
  • Anyone else put off by the probability of this being a hoth version of Luke? I want Luke but for me the snowsuit isn't very appealing

Luke is commaner for the entire movie (ep6) so it will most likly be bespin version. Its all the same gear hes wearing anyway just less of it when hes not on hoth
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Could also just be Commander Luke, but of course that idea is a cop out so we'll have to get more creative.

I doubt they're gonna put Jabba in the game as a playable character honestly, if anything he'd just have his own bounty hunter section of the cantina where he gives you a mission every day that can only be completed by a team of bounty hunters
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Could also just be Commander Luke, but of course that idea is a cop out so we'll have to get more creative.

I doubt they're gonna put Jabba in the game as a playable character honestly, if anything he'd just have his own bounty hunter section of the cantina where he gives you a mission every day that can only be completed by a team of bounty hunters

Let's make this happen.
  • Lebronaims wrote: »
    Anyone else put off by the probability of this being a hoth version of Luke? I want Luke but for me the snowsuit isn't very appealing

Luke is commaner for the entire movie (ep6) so it will most likly be bespin version. Its all the same gear hes wearing anyway just less of it when hes not on hoth

He's also commander in ROTJ
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Luke is commaner for the entire movie (ep6)
    He's also commander in ROTJ
    lol kek 4ebyrek -_-
  • I don't think devs have ever made a raid reward toon or legendary character mandatory for an event I could be wrong though. So to me that leaves wiggs st han leía old ben and maybe chewie even if his faction doesn't line up correctly.
  • If you don't have at least a 6* Old Ben and a 6* Farm Luke you better start farming now.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    Are they talking about commander Luke and hit Leia?
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

Sorry...Hoth Leia. I would not hit Leia. She's tough :)
  • SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    I don't think so. I think it's pretty much on the surface and doesn't require a deeper meaning. All the Hoth toons are for territory battles. And I see them hyping up the game mode instead of the characters in it.
  • Hoth Han and Hoth Leia. Both familiar faces, both being released soon
  • Familiar faces...
    They should be adding more clones because we can't forget about them and they all have familiar faces
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Anyone else put off by the probability of this being a hoth version of Luke? I want Luke but for me the snowsuit isn't very appealing

Almost everybody
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Ahh yes, I mistakenly interpreted 'rejoin our hero' as new familiar faces... my bad.

Also, yes I usually use OG as short for Original, short from Original Gangster... I'm an 80's/90's kid...

I do wish they would add some familiar faces that are missing from the game that were memorable characters from the OT films.

Like Salacious Crumb :smile:
    Salacious%2BCrumb.jpeg

• The majority have gotten it right, IMO. They're talking about Han, Leia, Old Ben, possibly Chewy (either CC or a new one) Wedge. Maybe Biggs (but is he really a familiar face? No.) Lando is a possibility too, but he's more ROTJ and the CLS we're getting is from the beginning of ESB. Long shots are R2 & Raid Han. Highly doubtful but slightly possible are Lobot, HRSoldier, HRScout.
  • Just based on the amount of speculation that we will need old ben id guess the devs are going to require we have old ben.. im just hoping we dont need the full iteration of him to get the full iteration of luke, but why would the devs stop being greedy now? If they would just tell us now and give everyone time w/out having to climb a massive last minute paywall that would be really appreciated..might even shell out cash to gear him quickly.

• I doubt they're gonna put Jabba in the game as a playable character honestly, if anything he'd just have his own bounty hunter section of the cantina where he gives you a mission every day that can only be completed by a team of bounty hunters[/quote]

This is a great idea.. though better for me if includes scoundrels lol
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    I've been gearing up Old Ben since the announcement of Luke's Journey, I'd be disappointed if he's not needed.

But, what about Owen and Beru Lars ?

6e0d50037ee61688476f50605350f99e--nerd-stuff-funny-stuff.jpg
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

With the only exception being the "this is a holotable game...", I really like this idea. It'd give some life to the bounty hunter faction without being too over the top with reworks. Perhaps a staged event that could reward hard to obtain gear at the highest level. Daily could be tough though. Perhaps a monthly/weekly thing?
    For the OP: I'm sure that this reference the next stage of the Luke Skywalker events. My guess is that it will allow you to bring along any 4 original rebels to match up with Farmboy Luke (though perhaps 5 are allowed with a provided Luke?). So you could CHOOSE between Leia, STH, Raid Han, Biggs, Wedge, R2, Ol Ben...and POSSIBLY Lando. Though Lando could only be if we are getting a Bespin Commander Luke and not a Hoth Commander Luke. Since we are getting Hoth Han and Leia, as well as Hoth territory battles, I'm betting on Hoth Luke and Lando isn't part of the gang.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    The majority have gotten it right, IMO. They're talking about Han, Leia, Old Ben, possibly Chewy (either CC or a new one) Wedge. Maybe Biggs (but is he really a familiar face? No.) Lando is a possibility too, but he's more ROTJ and the CLS we're getting is from the beginning of ESB. Long shots are R2 & Raid Han. Highly doubtful but slightly possible are Lobot, HRSoldier, HRScout.

Biggs is his childhood friend, not wedge.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    The majority have gotten it right, IMO. They're talking about Han, Leia, Old Ben, possibly Chewy (either CC or a new one) Wedge. Maybe Biggs (but is he really a familiar face? No.) Lando is a possibility too, but he's more ROTJ and the CLS we're getting is from the beginning of ESB. Long shots are R2 & Raid Han. Highly doubtful but slightly possible are Lobot, HRSoldier, HRScout.

Biggs is his childhood friend, not wedge.

Biggs is dead when Luke becomes Commander. Wedge is alive through all 3 movies and is a "familiar" face. I put Biggs under maybe because he's a childhood friend and a "familiar" face to Luke, but when the Devs say familiar, I think it means to the majority of fans which is Han, Leia, Chewy, Old Ben, Wedge, Lando, R2.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I guess Old Ben will become a self fulfilling prophecy
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    The Bartender against droids
    the two wanted men in the bar

Dr. Evasan and Pondo Baba
  • I don't know about Old Ben tbh. It depends on when in the trilogy they're going to take you to "Commander Luke".

If it's after the Death Star, but before Hoth I can see Old Ben and St Han being necessary (which is going to suck because I don't have either....lol).

If it's Hoth, I don't think St Han, Old Ben, or Biggs make sense, as Old Ben and Biggs are dead, and St Han was only at the Death Star. I could see Leia, Wedge, R2, Raid Han, HR Scout and HR Soldier along with Farmboy Luke.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • Jedi6371
    150 posts Member

Guys (and Gals),

They already announced Hoth Han and Hoth Leia ... I am pretty sure this is what that is referring to.

Yup
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    The Bartender against droids
    the two wanted men in the bar

Dr. Evasan and Pondo Baba

Also known as "those two dudes from Jedha"
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I'm hoping that, given the number of familiar faces in E4-5 available in game, that the event simply restricts you to using those heroes and you can select from that pool to build your squad. This way you could use R2 and Raid Han if you have them, and people wouldn't be penalized for not farming a specific hero like stHan, old Ben, or Leia. Luke Skywalker would of course be the main exception. Most people should be able to put a squad of 5 together with Luke given all the Ep4-5 heroes (Ben, Leia, stHan, raid Han, R2, Biggs, Wedge, Yoda, Hoth Scout/Soldier, Lando? Lobot? Ughnaught? select Jawas?)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'm hoping that, given the number of familiar faces in E4-5 available in game, that the event simply restricts you to using those heroes and you can select from that pool to build your squad. This way you could use R2 and Raid Han if you have them, and people wouldn't be penalized for not farming a specific hero like stHan, old Ben, or Leia. Luke Skywalker would of course be the main exception. Most people should be able to put a squad of 5 together with Luke given all the Ep4-5 heroes (Ben, Leia, stHan, raid Han, R2, Biggs, Wedge, Yoda, Hoth Scout/Soldier, Lando? Lobot? Ughnaught? select Jawas?)

+1
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

+1

+2