HAAT is awful. Unbalanced, boring, tedious and a guild destroyer.

Prev1
Psi
50 posts Member
The HAAT is possibly worst thing to happen to this game. It's so maddeningly unbalanced that most guilds need mercenaries to do it at all, even months and months after release.

Instead of being a guild building activity, this raid actual wrecks guilds. With no other way of earning proper high level gear, all the strong people have a very large incentive to join other guilds to get the rewards faster. Many players in our guild simply stopped playing. A lot of others went to stronger guilds. This never happened with Rancor. At least in that one, there were multiple levels and you got good enough gear even without doing heroic. With AAT it seems designed to split the user base and make mixed guilds almost impossible. The HAAT design has created a concentration of power in fewer guilds - now bored individual players are acting as mercenaries. Surely that's not the ideal outcome?

And the designers and testers? Saying this was for Jawa and Jedi? Hahahaha what a joke. It's only vaguely reasonable with the introduction of Zetas and entire toon category overhauls since the raid was released.

If the next Raid is as awful, I suspect that will be the end for me.

Rant over. Feel a bit better!

Replies

• Options
    i agree with your main point about it actually destroying some guilds. i know for my own guild that i run. me and about 10 others would do just fine going to a HAAT guild but we have stuck it out and r getting close ourselves. we have had several players leave. i dont blame them just makes it hard to try to run ur own guild
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    HAAT is intended to be hard and a guild task. It's one of my preferred part of the game for now. Good guilds with good rules make it interesting. Our guild only allows a team per phase so it's up to us to build the best team for each phase.
    The fact that people are going to HAAT guild is not because of the gears (which are meh imo beause we get challenge gears mainly), but because of the Kenobi's shards.
  • Psi
    50 posts Member
    Options
    @bul to your point about good guild rules, why is there nowhere in the game to actually state guild rules? You get a tiny description field! So everyone has to discuss on Discord or Line and new members always make mistakes. Argh.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Did I travel back to October last year? That's when it destroyed guilds. Now I believe, if anything, it brings together guilds that are pushing together to beat hAAT.
  • Psi
    50 posts Member
    Options
    As to gear, no HAAT gets very good top level gear that you otherwise have to buy in the various shops at a snails pace. Try Normal!
  • Options
    I disagree. It is hard, but it's supposed to be so. It's for end game players to work hard. Even then, a number of guilds can destroy it in a few hours now. If it's breaking up guilds, then it means that different members have different goals of what they want out of the game. In sports, players get traded all the time.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Psi wrote: »
    @bul to your point about good guild rules, why is there nowhere in the game to actually state guild rules? You get a tiny description field! So everyone has to discuss on Discord or Line and new members always make mistakes. Argh.

Because it's not the purpose of the game to become a chat tool. It 'll be way to heavy as an application to add functionalities allowing good chat on this game where you can have existing tools doing that already. Our guild have maybe 20 different chans with kind of help, guidelines, screenshot for every AAT phases, google docs ...
  • Options
    haat was a major part in dismantling one of my old guilds, but it was ultimately lack of leadership investment and recruitment that drove the heavy hitters (including most of the leaders) out. we weren't ready for haat but with a little bit of recruitment effort we could have been, nobody wanted to put in the leg work, and when you keep people who don't get their 600/day around the types of players you need to be recruiting don't want to come play there.

It's pretty much a leadership test, and if the leaders aren't willing to take the necessary steps to make HAAT happen then perhaps their expectations of loyalty and ability to hold a guild together are too high. I'm not saying it's an easy thing to do but it's not really that hard either- if you're trying to fast track it build your ranks up the best you can with the intention of merging into another guild/group of guilds. if you're not trying to put the investment in then well it's time to accept that you're a casual guild that's going to appeal to casual players who don't care about being competitive.
  • Options
    Is it last year again?
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Psi wrote: »

You need to put the complete user name, for example:
    :rage:@Hskull
    :smiley:@Hskull55
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Necro?
  • Options
    Our guild beats it regularly, but I agree that it's really not any fun at all.

I don't mind the enemy being tough with a bazillion hit points. It's the rest of it.

- The damage they do
    - The sheer amount of unavoidable debuffs they have
    - The immunity the "bosses" have to your own attacks

It's just not any fun to throw teams at phase 3 and watch the stongest team you have get mowed down by that **** tank shot or the droid who gets deathmark on your entire team. Can we beat it? Sure. Is there anything fun about it whatsoever? No. It's not any fun at all, period.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Necro?

No, it's from today
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Manny415
    322 posts Member
    Options
    You always have a percentage of the guild who are higher damage dealers than the rest of the guild. And when recruiting even low level 75's want to be in a haat guild. Those who are higher will only have so much patience. Ive been trying to make my guild haat ready for over 4 month now. We only do haat with the help of mercs once a week. It really is BULL to have to compete in an arena were you are either in it or not. But there is nothing we can do about it. So play the game or leave it.
  • Options
    Well with raids in general they get to the point that once you start beating them they are no longer any fun. In rancor the guild I am in, is lucky if 10 people take part, the other 40 just post zeros. I imagine that once a third raid comes out, one person will just be in charge of doing the raid, while the remaining 49 randomly get rewards for all being tied with a zero. Likewise with tank raid only about half the guild or so takes part. Raids are needed to get credits, gear, GK shards, etc... All of the items from the raids are useful, however they are a big time sink.

I still think they should combine rancor and tank together and reduce the time commitment for having to do both.
  • iAmRyC
    144 posts Member
    Options
    I'll be honest and tell you that if you're one of the top few in your Guild and your Guild is nowhere near completing the HAAT, your best move is to jump to a Guild that already has Tank on Farm. I was loyal to my original Guild for far too long and can easily say that jumping ship was the best move I ever made. Yes, this has broken up Guilds but has made many more even stronger. They've already said that there will likely be another big Guild shakeup once Territory Battles drop.

https://swgoh.gg/u/iamryc/
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I thought this post was necro'd for a minute.

Inefficient guilds fail. Sorry, that the game doesn't become easier because some guilds don't know what they are doing or have poor leadership. Should the well run guilds have content they can beat easily to accommodate?

Overall, if a guild is throwing "kittens" at a wall (thanks mods) and just hoping it will stick people will recognize the guilds limitation and will leave. If there was a plan that people believed in and made sense many people would prefer to stay in their guild and work towards the goal.

There are so many superteams that can be built that makes the raid relatively easy. It just may take a bit for newer players which is the intent for game ending content.

P1 - Kylo or Savage can solo
    P2 - Clones, Droids, and a ton of other teams
    P3 - Probably the most difficult for weaker guilds, but two tanks, EP, TFP, and either Teebo or Chirpa will get you decent damage.
    P4 - Clones, Rebels, & Zader are a few that come to mind

Personally I think there are too many guild leaders that don't have a clue or are poor leaders. They really shouldn't be a leader in anything, but they like the authority of being a "leader". I've seen the posts if people saying "new guild, trying to recruit 40+ strong level players" and I just shake my head.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    To everyone making comments about this being a problem for last year, and was this post necro'd and the like, your perspective (completing it consistently for some time) is blinding you to the problem that has existed since the introduction of this raid. Namely, the massive gap in difficulty in the top three raid tiers currently in the game.

Normal AAT is the next point in progression after Heroic Rancor, and it's now in a reasonable place to be that next step after they nerfed it way back when. When it launched however it was another story. Guilds that were completing HR were knocking it out in a matter of hours and yet taking weeks to complete a single nAAT. The community screamed nerf, the devs responded, but in so doing they simply shifted the gap from:

HR >>>>>>> nAAT >>> hAAT
    to
    HR >>> nAAT >>>>>>> hAAT

because heroic tank difficulty stayed the same (as it should have). Now we have guilds that can complete nAAT without a reset, but can't complete hAAT without Mercs. It shouldn't be that way.

The reality is the progression line is and has always been broken. hAAT is very reasonable in difficulty for what current gear levels are capable of. Simply because you no longer notice it because you have the top tier on farm doesn't mean this isn't an issue for a large number of players.

Had CG left normal difficulty alone and instead added an easy difficulty with the tuning we see in normal now (with current normal rewards, while buffing normal rewards slightly) we would have had a much more reasonable progression curve. Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Posts like this still matter though, because hopefully they can remind CG to not make the same mistake next time and continue making guild breaking content.
  • Options
    OMG IS THIS LIEK A THREAD FOR LAST YEAR?? LOLAOALALAL

It's just boring. It took my guild a while of farming normal before we were all heroic ready, now the idea of doing the exact same raid but harder is about as appealing as farming cuffs.
  • Options
    I'd recommend looking to bring in 1 merc - 2 tops - if you're looking to beat it. You really just need 1 elite account or 2 very good accounts to take it out that have Clones + Resistance + Thrawn. One or two really strong accounts is >>> than 50 decent accounts as decent on HAAT gets defeated pretty quick. Also, make sure your guild focuses on the HAAT to complete it. For low level guilds, that means get as many zKylos rolling as possible for P1 (5 at a min is and the more the merrier, though 10 is plenty).
  • Psi
    50 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    I do see what you mean. I've been with the same guild for awhile now and Me and about 6 others are ready for the aat on heroic, the rest of our guild isn't. Us 6 or so players really only want Kinobi, the rest of the prizes we can get on our own. Our guild has really nice, respectful members and I'm happy to be with them. The issue were having is we can't play heroic because everyone isn't ready, and us 6 or so are really missing out. A couple of us even started a second account to try and give us a boost. We are stuck and don't know what to do. Leaving our guild would be ignorant, but waiting for everyone to get heroic ready is taking way too long.

Exactly the same in our guild. I like the fact we have a mixed guild from all over the world. The way HAAT works seems designed to make this type of guild untenable which is just sad.
  • Psi
    50 posts Member
    Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    To everyone making comments about this being a problem for last year, and was this post necro'd and the like, your perspective (completing it consistently for some time) is blinding you to the problem that has existed since the introduction of this raid. Namely, the massive gap in difficulty in the top three raid tiers currently in the game.

Normal AAT is the next point in progression after Heroic Rancor, and it's now in a reasonable place to be that next step after they nerfed it way back when. When it launched however it was another story. Guilds that were completing HR were knocking it out in a matter of hours and yet taking weeks to complete a single nAAT. The community screamed nerf, the devs responded, but in so doing they simply shifted the gap from:

HR >>>>>>> nAAT >>> hAAT
    to
    HR >>> nAAT >>>>>>> hAAT

because heroic tank difficulty stayed the same (as it should have). Now we have guilds that can complete nAAT without a reset, but can't complete hAAT without Mercs. It shouldn't be that way.

The reality is the progression line is and has always been broken. hAAT is very reasonable in difficulty for what current gear levels are capable of. Simply because you no longer notice it because you have the top tier on farm doesn't mean this isn't an issue for a large number of players.

Had CG left normal difficulty alone and instead added an easy difficulty with the tuning we see in normal now (with current normal rewards, while buffing normal rewards slightly) we would have had a much more reasonable progression curve. Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Posts like this still matter though, because hopefully they can remind CG to not make the same mistake next time and continue making guild breaking content.

Exactly.

And to answer a few other comments, I saw the posts on this issue last year, but the fact that in July this year progression is still such a mess is why I wrote the post now. I was willing to see how things went.

Also, to those that commented about how it's possible to beat and only needing a few elite players etc or a great leader etc. this is of course true. However I still feel the game shouldn't mess up guilds of long time players (of differing ability and means) through bad and terribly balanced design choices.

Above all, it's totally boring! Even if you can beat it, it takes ages and has no joy in it at all.
  • Options
    Our guild beats it regularly, but I agree that it's really not any fun at all.

I don't mind the enemy being tough with a bazillion hit points. It's the rest of it.

- The damage they do
    - The sheer amount of unavoidable debuffs they have
    - The immunity the "bosses" have to your own attacks

It's just not any fun to throw teams at phase 3 and watch the stongest team you have get mowed down by that **** tank shot or the droid who gets deathmark on your entire team. Can we beat it? Sure. Is there anything fun about it whatsoever? No. It's not any fun at all, period.

Agree 100%. My guild recently started beating hAAT consistently. I don't enjoy it at all, it's just really boring. My debuffs rarely stick and I'm always ability blocked when the time comes to use a powerful special.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's been out for nearly a year, has decimated most guilds cohesiveness due to better members leaving to ride the coattail of a few whales.
    The guild I joined is aggressive and casual, I'm a top player but could never live up to the requirements in an alpha guild. I'm not checking social media to see when and where I can raid. My guild doesn't require that you always hit raid points. We work, have kids and socialize out side of our homes. I could easily leave my guild and rid the tail of a whale. There are 3 top teams in my guild, 2 of them are capable of playing with whales. If us 3 leave, the other 40 some players would likely suffer tremendously. Some would quit, most would disband.
    I understand that the cream always rises. So most the powerful players in swgoh are in only a few guilds. They are aggressive, and sometimes I like aggressiveness. But I can't do it the majority of the time. Like I stated above, life and family come first. It would be nice if the NAAT started to produce 1/2 character shard rewards for the casual/daily player. At least for the top 10.

Just an idea... I don't want to leave my guildmates hanging.