Is Anybody Going to Buy This?

Prev13
Bones
456 posts Member
edited July 2017
5m43rvvclqe6.jpg

Is this supposed to be a joke? Yea i get that its the whole gear for both pieces, but who wants to pay extra for stuff we already have 1000's of. Its cool more gear slots were added to shipments, but at least put something that makes sense, or is that too much to ask.

The Mk 9 Data pad salvage, we already get for free, through challenges. I currently have 1600 for example because we will never use them fast enough. The prototype that usually costs 750 for 50 of them is what we need, not the two together. The same thing with the Mk 7 Generator. The only piece people need regularly is the Generator salvage, which is normally 1250. The rest of the gear in the generator is just a waste to buy since we also get those for free (i currently have over 2000 for all 3 of the other purples in this gear).

My suggestion is to just get rid of the full pieces and separate everything. Go back to the 750 and 1250 prices for the individual pieces. Nobody wants to buy stuff they already have.
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    It is a bit predatory. But mk 4 stun guns have been in there forever at 1400 crystals. It's a buyer beware situation.
  • Options
    amen.
  • JinnNu
    71 posts Member
    Options
    Most people will double check before they drop $20 worth of crystals on one single piece of gear. But i am sure there are folks who do not pay attention and/or don't care about the cost.
  • Options
    My post got relegated to gear feedback, but yes, there are a lot of misleading and poor gear prices. The fact that an mk4 gun (the one we all have 1000 prototypes of) costs the same as a mk5 gun is preposterous and confusing. To me that is the issue. They have similar tier gear all at the same price regardless of supply and demand, which creates inflated full pieces as pictured above, and - as mentioned in my other post - makes for misleading and difficult to navigate gear browsing/purchasing.
  • Options
    There must be a ton of people who doesn't give a crap about money playing this game, if we've got to jump to conclusions based on the offers in the store.
  • Options
    It there for fools to buy. As long as they don't take the golf gear for 750, halos 300, full furnaces 1400, stun gun 1274. Then it all good
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    I have a mk6 fusion furnace in my shipments now that costs 3500 crystals. I don't remember prices like this. wasn't the 50 salvages you need for it only 1600?
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Lol this is just another instance proving they don't listen to the community and just broke something that didn't need fixing in the 1st place.

• Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    forgot there was another component for the furnace so maybe that price is correct.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Sadly I think in the first week or more lots of people are going to accidentally buy those fully crafted mk9 Pads and mk7 generators
    And I really hope they introduced those without thinking about it, and remove them again fast!
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well, yes, but also remember that some people who have only started playing in the last few months do NOT have thousands of these lying around, so it might be a nice way to catch up for some.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Well, yes, but also remember that some people who have only started playing in the last few months do NOT have thousands of these lying around, so it might be a nice way to catch up for some.

Catch up? By increasing the price? I'm not discouraging anyone from buying, but it makes zero sense to me to increase the prices. The game went from low 20s on the App Store in purchase to high 40s and the solution is increased prices? That seems like it would have the opposite effect. Drop the prices and make them more accessible. It would help people really catch up and bring in significantly more money. I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this one.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

To even getting to the points where you actually need those, you will have more than enough of those items that some of us has thousands of, remember that there's a reason why we have so many and it's definitely not micromanagement, even my totally f2p alt account is swimming in those
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Catch up? By increasing the price? I'm not discouraging anyone from buying, but it makes zero sense to me to increase the prices. The game went from low 20s on the App Store in purchase to high 40s and the solution is increased prices? That seems like it would have the opposite effect. Drop the prices and make them more accessible. It would help people really catch up and bring in significantly more money. I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this one.

What prices were increased? Everything thats poped up for me has the same price as before.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome totally rip-off.. surely would buy ;)
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Sadly I think in the first week or more lots of people are going to accidentally buy those fully crafted mk9 Pads and mk7 generators
    And I really hope they introduced those without thinking about it, and remove them again fast!

If ppl can't take the time to view who needs what and instead just click and buy...then that's on them. A fool and his money are soon parted.

We lost the ability to sell excess gear bcuz of so many conplaints about "accidentally" selling the wrong thing.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    Need more stuff to buy for credits
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

If they just started, and need to catch up then the gold stuff is still predatory. There is no reason to buy those. You will have part of them flowing in by the dozens at absolutely no cost from challenges.

There is no possible method to farm the non challenge part of the gold gear as fast as you will get the free part. And by the time you actually need gold pieces you will have accumulated probably hundreds of the challenge golds.

There are only two possible reasons for those. Russian oligarchs who plans on spending $80,000 to max gear everyone instantly, and foolish people who don't realize they are being taken advantage of.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Awesome totally rip-off.. surely would buy ;)

Wait.. what is that on the left? u're kidding right? i have like 2000 salvage of them. I just need the partial part, which i think around 750 full craft.

And on the right, that merr-sonn generator is usually around 1250/1400 right? Who needs them full part, the other pieces is easy to find.

Seriously? i think april mop already passed.. that is really a bad joke guys :lol:

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Bones wrote: »
    5m43rvvclqe6.jpg

Is this supposed to be a joke? Yea i get that its the whole gear for both pieces, but who wants to pay extra for stuff we already have 1000's of. Its cool more gear slots were added to shipments, but at least put something that makes sense, or is that too much to ask.

The Mk 9 Data pad salvage, we already get for free, through challenges. I currently have 1600 for example because we will never use them fast enough. The prototype that usually costs 750 for 50 of them is what we need, not the two together. The same thing with the Mk 7 Generator. The only piece people need regularly is the Generator salvage, which is normally 1250. The rest of the gear in the generator is just a waste to buy since we also get those for free (i currently have over 2000 for all 3 of the other purples in this gear).

My suggestion is to just get rid of the full pieces and separate everything. Go back to the 750 and 1250 prices for the individual pieces. Nobody wants to buy stuff they already have.

Wait till you see the MK6 Fusion Furnace for 3500 crystals. I mentioned it here, Reddit and on the RSG Live steam, no one seemed to bat an eyelash, now everyone is starting to see it.
  • Options
    Guys, u are not being transparent.. seriously. U just said new gear slot added to shipment, but u don't give detail information about the changes.
  • Options

Sure, but the gear in question here is not needed until G11 which the vast majority of people who only started in the last few months won't be using until they have hundreds if not thousands of the other stuff laying around. The only reasons I see for putting gear like this in shipments is to make a fast track avenue for new whales or whoever did this does not have a good practical grasp of the current state of the game.

I do like some of the other options they've added like 25 MK VI thermal detonators and the like.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I feel the high cost is to make us feel like the other gear prices are a bargain. This will lessen buyers remorse or even justify the purchase of salvage since we are "saving" a ton. It's marketing; it's not them being bad at setting values.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    5m43rvvclqe6.jpg

Wait till you see the MK6 Fusion Furnace for 3500 crystals. I mentioned it here, Reddit and on the RSG Live steam, no one seemed to bat an eyelash, now everyone is starting to see it.

The mk VI requires three pieces that need 50 salvage. The shield generator is the full piece instead of the salvage for one component that cost 1250 i believe. Im not seeing the issue...
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    This is a joke
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    5m43rvvclqe6.jpg

The mk VI requires three pieces that need 50 salvage. The shield generator is the full piece instead of the salvage for one component that cost 1250 i believe. Im not seeing the issue...

The issue is that 2/3 of those 50 piece items are completely worthless, and are acquired accidentally by the hundreds (thousands for many). They can charge whatever they want, but it's a buyer beware situation on our end. It's like someone trying to sell you saltwater and sand at the beach.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    So don't buy the full piece. You can still just buy the 50 pieces of salvage of the 1 part you need for the same price it was before
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    So don't buy the full piece. You can still just buy the 50 pieces of salvage of the 1 part you need for the same price it was before

... I will. However this post is a good warning to others who aren't aware there are totally blatant money pits that serve no purpose other than to scam people.
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    Options
    yea, raising prices isn't going to make me open my wallet up any further lol, it will do just the opposite. I don't understand the logic, maybe they have the data to back it up.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Eclipso wrote: »
    yea, raising prices isn't going to make me open my wallet up any further lol, it will do just the opposite. I don't understand the logic, maybe they have the data to back it up.

They didnt raise prices.... The gave you more options.