Is Anybody Going to Buy This?

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Eclipso wrote: »
    yea, raising prices isn't going to make me open my wallet up any further lol, it will do just the opposite. I don't understand the logic, maybe they have the data to back it up.

They didnt raise prices.... The gave you more options.

I could offer you the contents of the lint trap on my dryer for $1,000. Technically I'd be offering you more options. Although in a practical sense I'm not really. Anyone who received that offer should be insulted, and anyone who took that offer should be ashamed.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    yea, raising prices isn't going to make me open my wallet up any further lol, it will do just the opposite. I don't understand the logic, maybe they have the data to back it up.

I could offer you the contents of the lint trap on my dryer for $1,000. Technically I'd be offering you more options. Although in a practical sense I'm not really. Anyone who received that offer should be insulted, and anyone who took that offer should be ashamed.

I never said they were a good deal but the option to buy just the component you need is still there. Plus we can now buy salvage in smaller quantities which is actually really helpful. The outrage from this is mind boggling.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

I never said they were a good deal but the option to buy just the component you need is still there. Plus we can now buy salvage in smaller quantities which is actually really helpful. The outrage from this is mind boggling.

The option to buy smaller quantities of the useful stuff at identical price per unit is fantastic. And the extra slots for gear to fall is nice too.

But the "option" to buy completely worthless garbage at a price several times higher than useful items, or completely worthless items that look identical to high value items except for a single Roman numeral is predatory. I'm not outraged by it. I'm just disappointed in the devs. And I want to make sure people know so they don't accidentally waste resources on a trap.

And I can't figure why anyone would try so hard to defend something that has no upside, but is tricking unsuspecting people out of resources.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member

The option to buy smaller quantities of the useful stuff at identical price per unit is fantastic. And the extra slots for gear to fall is nice too.

But the "option" to buy completely worthless garbage at a price several times higher than useful items, or completely worthless items that look identical to high value items except for a single Roman numeral is predatory. I'm not outraged by it. I'm just disappointed in the devs. And I want to make sure people know so they don't accidentally waste resources on a trap.

And I can't figure why anyone would try so hard to defend something that has no upside, but is tricking unsuspecting people out of resources.

Im not defending, i just dont think its that big a deal. And its not predatory for CG to assume its player base can read. MK V and MK IVstun guns have been in the shop forever at the same price i believe. Ones worth it the others definitely not but its never been a big deal before.
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Is raid gear still possible to get for 1400 for fully crafted pieces? Because all I'm seeing are options to buy salvage 20 pieces at a time so that you can't get an even 50 and missing the additional parts, which is particularly more expensive for furnaces.

I hope that with the full overhaul of the shipments that Mk 4 stun guns at least got dropped to 300 crystals.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Is raid gear still possible to get for 1400 for fully crafted pieces? Because all I'm seeing are options to buy salvage 20 pieces at a time so that you can't get an even 50 and missing the additional parts, which is particularly more expensive for furnaces.

I hope that with the full overhaul of the shipments that Mk 4 stun guns at least got dropped to 300 crystals.

Yes fully crafted rancor gear is still 1400
  • People who whale just want to gear as fast as possible and don't care about cost. They haven't been playing for years so don't have all the other pieces nor want to wait to farm them.

I don't see the problem, if you want the previous offerings they are still there at the same price. I needed a new lightning cable, I didn't feel the need to complain they also sell USB adapter+cable packs for $70 because I don't need anymore from all the phones I've had.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    well the previous offering are still the same that a new option , ignore it?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

Im not defending, i just dont think its that big a deal. And its not predatory for CG to assume its player base can read. MK V and MK VI stun guns have been in the shop forever at the same price i believe. Ones worth it the others definitely not but its never been a big deal before.

There have definitely been posts about it before. So it has been an issue. Every time it's been posted there are always a few people who tell their tale of accidentally tapping the wrong item, and being told they can't get a refund for 1400 crystals that just got flushed down the drain because once out of thousands upon thousands of clicks on nonsense widgets with long, silly names they tapped an IV instead of a V. I know guildmates who've done it. It's definitely good to talk about so people are aware, and don't have that kind of costly accident.

I'd love it if they didn't sell stuff of which we have literally thousands upon thousands of freebies. Or if they sell them at a reasonable price commensurate with their value in the game. But as it is it's an overpriced money trap that we should all point out so nobody accidentally steps in it.
  • I don't see a problem with it. I would also never buy one of those pieces because I personally think it's foolish.

The developers are staying consistent with the gear prices. An example would be the MK 4 and 5 stun guns. Both take 50 salvage pieces to complete. They're not priced according to demand or priority. They're priced the same because in a sense they are the same. Although clearly one is easier to obtain.

Instead of lowering or raising the price of one, they should make an attempt to balance the means of obtaining them.
  • I don't see a problem with it. I would also never buy one of those pieces because I personally think it's foolish.

The developers are staying consistent with the gear prices. An example would be the MK 4 and 5 stun guns. Both take 50 salvage pieces to complete. They're not priced according to demand or priority. They're priced the same because in a sense they are the same. Although clearly one is easier to obtain.

Instead of lowering or raising the price of one, they should make an attempt to balance the means of obtaining them.

Mk4 stun guns only need 20 to be completed.
  • Bouncyslime
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Im not defending, i just dont think its that big a deal. And its not predatory for CG to assume its player base can read. MK V and MK VI stun guns have been in the shop forever at the same price i believe. Ones worth it the others definitely not but its never been a big deal before.

There have definitely been posts about it before. So it has been an issue. Every time it's been posted there are always a few people who tell their tale of accidentally tapping the wrong item, and being told they can't get a refund for 1400 crystals that just got flushed down the drain because once out of thousands upon thousands of clicks on nonsense widgets with long, silly names they tapped an IV instead of a V. I know guildmates who've done it. It's definitely good to talk about so people are aware, and don't have that kind of costly accident.

I'd love it if they didn't sell stuff of which we have literally thousands upon thousands of freebies. Or if they sell them at a reasonable price commensurate with their value in the game. But as it is it's an overpriced money trap that we should all point out so nobody accidentally steps in it.

You must be a good person to warn others.
    I saved crystals from getting top 50 in shard and bought a mk4 stun gun, complained that I received the wrong item, then guild mates told me the one I needed was a mk5 gun

Upset but a good lesson I learned early in the game
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I don't see a problem with it. I would also never buy one of those pieces because I personally think it's foolish.

I doubt they will do that. Certain gear is hard to get for a reason. That's understandable. Progression is gated to make a balanced game that encourages wise use of resources. It gives us something to work towards. And they can sell those pieces which allows them to make a living and a great game for us. No issue with that. But the fact that some junk items are sold at prices so high that as you say one needs to be foolish to buy it seems puzzling.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Sadly I think in the first week or more lots of people are going to accidentally buy those fully crafted mk9 Pads and mk7 generators
    And I really hope they introduced those without thinking about it, and remove them again fast!

If ppl can't take the time to view who needs what and instead just click and buy...then that's on them. A fool and his money are soon parted.

We lost the ability to sell excess gear bcuz of so many conplaints about "accidentally" selling the wrong thing.

This is rubbish. You're condoning deliberately predatory business practice.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member

Nope, they're still preying on people with a 1,400 crystal price for the mk4 gun.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    I don't see a problem with it. I would also never buy one of those pieces because I personally think it's foolish.

Great example!! You're not right about the salvage amounts.
    Therefore, your entire point is meaningless.

But keep fighting the good fight defending the kittens.
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    I would love to spend money on this game, I really do, but the price gouging is too much handle and shuts my wallet. If gear was reasonable, I would buy. Hell, even if we could trade gear in for an upgrade and have that cost some crystals, that would be awesome.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Maybe they are doing everyone a favor putting the common gear at a crazy high price so no one buys it, or it is just filler since the number of things available got increased?
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I feel the high cost is to make us feel like the other gear prices are a bargain. This will lessen buyers remorse or even justify the purchase of salvage since we are "saving" a ton. It's marketing; it's not them being bad at setting values.

That sounds about right
  • No one will buy this I guess. They are there so that some unlucky mates will press it inadvertently.
  • Market will determine what's on those shelves. Nobody stocks items in their store people aren't buying imo.
  • Couldn't agree more, I saw a full mk6 furnace for 3500!
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    I realize it's the wrong franchise, but you must always remember this game is being managed by Ferengi
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I realize it's the wrong franchise, but you must always remember this game is being managed by Ferengi

Good one. I like it!
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Lol the trekkies are invading!
    But ye, why would you purcharge a full part for an insane price while half of the part you have over 2000 salvage of?
    200.gif#78-grid1
  • You can still buy just the yellow prototype pieces. 50 for 750, and they now have a 25 for 375 option as well.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    the pricess have never made sence to me.
    A full mk5 furnace (50 syringes, 50 raid exclusive furnace salvages and 20 holo's) being just as expensive as 50 syringes (and as 20(!) mk4(!) stun guns). O_o
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    I feel the high cost is to make us feel like the other gear prices are a bargain. This will lessen buyers remorse or even justify the purchase of salvage since we are "saving" a ton. It's marketing; it's not them being bad at setting values.

I think the main purpose is profit optimization elasticity pricing - they are getting a ton more $ from the most impatient whaliest of the whales that NEED a full piece NOW. Everyone else with the more options is better off really so I like the change overall (same price per gear with options), but you may need to have 2-3 drops of it (20+20, etc) to get the full piece you want. That can take time though and players that think they need it now will fork over the 2-3x price increase on the full price. Airlines have been using a model like this for years.

For gear buyers, just means we probably want to plan ahead more and get the 20 salvages ahead of time so there's no urge to fall in to the full gear trap.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

I doubt this is any of the devs we see pop up here - this is a corporate profit maximization initiative. Some financial / statistical modeler likely hatched this pricing structure. This is the suits - not the devs is my guess.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Lol the trekkies are invading!
    200.gif#78-grid1

lmao

• C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
    141 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    This is quite simply not a dev decision its so obvious this is the men in suits demanding us to be milked harder.
    Could I be wrong? Sure but given that gear is such a grind in this game and also more important the star-count in most if not, all cases.
    Then it seems clear that chromiums dont really rake in the cash and the ewoks just arent as appealing as they thought.
    I know alot of whales who didnt even drop money on the ewoks and thats saying something.

GEAR = CASH