What's up with SWGoH?

Prev1
I used to be a consistant player, logging in everyday for a few months, but recently I lost interest. I got Wicket, Paploo, and Logray, but I've been in a bit of a lul, never keeping up with the GW, completing maybe 1-5 Daily Challenges. I know about the Hoth Battle Mega Update, or what it is, but I just wanna know if this will be soon or something, cause I've just gotten pretty bored.
"There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/

Replies

• If it wasn't for the interpersonal communication guilds offer/force, game would be dead. Actual gameplay is meh at best since Haat is so easy now. Too much time between actual gameplay upgrades filled by fluff like toons and those mini events imo.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Maybe the goal is update quality over quantity?
  • I am pretty satisfied not to have to be in rush to meet any requirements at the moment.
    Note, if they release anything big, the rush starts over again.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We know TB is coming. Yes we don't know when, but it's on the road ahead, and if you are not preparing now, you may be left behind.
  • How should we be preparing?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I used to be a consistant player, logging in everyday for a few months, but recently I lost interest. I got Wicket, Paploo, and Logray, but I've been in a bit of a lul, never keeping up with the GW, completing maybe 1-5 Daily Challenges. I know about the Hoth Battle Mega Update, or what it is, but I just wanna know if this will be soon or something, cause I've just gotten pretty bored.

Well said. I'm sadly in the same boat. :(
  • If your bored, quit chasing metas and build some teams you actually want to use
  • I used the lull to finish my FO squad and working in wicket and Ezra now. I'm not bored.
  • I just wish there was more of a surplus of credits, so I can work on Resistance, First Order, Jawas, Droids, and all the mods needed.
  • It's been 9 months since any different content, people are bored. A new toon or new "event" you finish in 2 mins isn't fun, you need something interesting to do with them.

Ship shard chat is dead, arena and guild chat use to have hundreds of messages a day just 1 months ago but they are down to ~5 a day. A lot of people are on minimum cruise control until something new and playable drops but some are quitting while they are waiting.

I keep telling myself just wait a little longer, maybe it's going to be fun again but I have a feeling the release is going to drag on for months.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    My guild just go haat on farm so we are all working on squads, plus ewoks and ships ive got plenty to keep me busy
  • Khayman wrote: »
    My guild just go haat on farm so we are all working on squads, plus ewoks and ships ive got plenty to keep me busy

Same here. We're almost halfway to clearing HAAT, but that's going to take a huge jump soon as a few of us are on the verge of Zeta for Savage, Kylo, Vader, Barriss & QGJ.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Khayman wrote: »

Same here. We're almost halfway to clearing HAAT, but that's going to take a huge jump soon as a few of us are on the verge of Zeta for Savage, Kylo, Vader, Barriss & QGJ.

Try to Zeta Finn, Cody and zidader, savage and kylo you need like 3 in total, then barriss and qgj, well for HAAT they are not so good, so maybe get a better approach to it.
  • TofuMao wrote: »

Try to Zeta Finn, Cody and zidader, savage and kylo you need like 3 in total, then barriss and qgj, well for HAAT they are not so good, so maybe get a better approach to it.

Wut
  • TofuMao wrote: »

That's basically what I said lol. We have some guys on the verge of having their Kylos or Savage Zeta for P1 (I'm one Zeta away from Zavage myself) we already have a some Zaders and i believe 1 Zody atm. No one has Resistance farmed because they were trash for so long, but started farming pilots earlier (while others were buying Zeta at the time) so my Resistance is almost built except for Finn and RP. As for QGJ and Zarriss, they are good for tank in P1, but especially P3.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    TofuMao wrote: »

Wut

??? I don't get that comment, I am just trying to tell @Krayden_Phogg that farming bariss and qgj Zeta won't help the HAAT that much as it will do getting clones and resistance.
    P-1 can be cleared by 3-4 Zsavage and/or Zkylo
    P-2 can be cleared by one clone good ish clone team plus one or two resistance teams.
    P-3 the trickiest one needs a load of teams but as well there are a load of teams available: chirpa+palpatine and 3 tanks, teebo, TIE pilot, tarkin and another 2 tanks and Jedi teams are not bad, forgetting that one solo team of Thrawn can solo it but most probably no one can do it in his guild.
    P-4 can be cleared again by some clones, resistance or zidader teams like 3-4 teams.

So I was just saying that no bariss or QGJ will help as much as the others mentioned above.
    Happy now @Mexi_Kenobi ?
  • I for one am glad there a moment to catch up on some loose ends. Ive had to drop everything and divert all resources everytime a new event or toon is released Lol. Can't wait for the next mad dash though
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    It is true that the game has sailed itself right into doldrums, but that doesn't mean we have to be stuck too.

Most players will advocate hoarding. This is an excellent strategy. Set a number of cuffs, guns, zeta, carbanti you want to save for the new hero(es) and use the rest on toons you've always wanted to play with. I'm currently farming gar in cantina and slowly gearing up snowtrooper and srp. After nearly 20months of playing, I'm still having fun.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I'm bored with the game for the most part, but it's not hard for me to go on and auto GW, get all my dailies done, get my 600 for the guild, and do my arena battles. I spend less than 45 minutes in game a day.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    I just do the minimum to achieve my 600 tickets and daily challenges. After that, I focus on life until the next new update.
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »
    If your bored, quit chasing metas and build some teams you actually want to use

Posts like this reinforce my belief that too many people jump into discussions they have no idea about.

For example, I like to be top dog in arena (get my crystals, main in game currency), contribute to raids for the gear and exclusive toons, participate in as many aspects of the game as possible. All this so that I can start again with my motivations,to be top dog... You get the picture. The competition is my primary motivation to spend time and money in the game.

So, forget the meta and build some teams you actually want to play? What does that even mean? The meta is the team I want to play! The answer to the overall sluggishness in the game is to slow down further? We're bored out of our skulls because there's no excitement and the answer is to invest hard earned/bought gear etc on toons that can't be used in arena,GW, Cantina etc? Then be behind the curve when something new does come up cos wait, our resources have been spent on toons that can't be used! Btw, here I'm taking forget the meta thing as forget the meta in arena,raids etc.

Rant over. Please continue.
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    It is true that the game has sailed itself right into doldrums, but that doesn't mean we have to be stuck too.

Most players will advocate hoarding. This is an excellent strategy. Set a number of cuffs, guns, zeta, carbanti you want to save for the new hero(es) and use the rest on toons you've always wanted to play with. I'm currently farming gar in cantina and slowly gearing up snowtrooper and srp. After nearly 20months of playing, I'm still having fun.

Same here. Games still fun for me but the tediousness is catching up, especially GW. Please, nobody start on 15 GW strats, it's a tedious repetition for me, not difficult. A few friends have quit and many are in the same boat as me. Still playing but not sure how long till it becomes too much. The way this game is setup,extended breaks tend to become permanent, you lose too much to make up in a decent time.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »

Same here. Games still fun for me but the tediousness is catching up, especially GW. Please, nobody start on 15 GW strats, it's a tedious repetition for me, not difficult. A few friends have quit and many are in the same boat as me. Still playing but not sure how long till it becomes too much. The way this game is setup,extended breaks tend to become permanent, you lose too much to make up in a decent time.

I have also experienced the lose of great in-game friends. The delayed implementation is what did them in, along with too many new heroes and lack of a few critical big fixes. I totally don't blame them for leaving.

If I weren't able to have fun, I'd leave too. Once the game moves away from enjoymentland and heads towards exasperationville, I'll consider retirement. Until then, I'll continue to have my side projects to keep me entertained between new content releases.
  • Pharaoh
    27 posts Member
    This game now Caters to the Whales which is unfortunate. I have been playing Everyday since it started and its so out of wack now. I used to put money into the game but have stopped now because its pay to win and just on the door step of play to play.

- I lose against teams that have 10,000 power LESS then me in the ships and the PVP Arena.
    - GWT I face teams with 10,000 MORE Power than my strongest toons.
    - Currency is still So LACKING. They have credit drops...Big deal. You can't spend the money because there is so much to upgrade that you are forced to spend money just to stay outside the edge of relevancy.
    - Mods were a great addition but it takes SO MUCH MONEY to Upgrade them that its an absolute scam
    - The Match making system is broke with the teams they have you come up against.

Love the game but unless you are willing to invest so much money in this game they couldn't give 2 craps about you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Pharaoh wrote: »
    This game now Caters to the Whales which is unfortunate. I have been playing Everyday since it started and its so out of wack now. I used to put money into the game but have stopped now because its pay to win and just on the door step of play to play.

- I lose against teams that have 10,000 power LESS then me in the ships and the PVP Arena.
    - Currency is still So LACKING. They have credit drops...Big deal. You can't spend the money because there is so much to upgrade that you are forced to spend money just to stay outside the edge of relevancy.
    - Mods were a great addition but it takes SO MUCH MONEY to Upgrade them that its an absolute scam
    - The Match making system is broke with the teams they have you come up against.

Love the game but unless you are willing to invest so much money in this game they couldn't give 2 craps about you

I'm f2p and i can assure you that whales have little to no advantage over me currently. (I've been playing for about 18 months though.) There's very little they can buy that gives them an edge. A large roster means jack sith if you can only use 5 characters. 4* or 7* doesn't even matter that much in arena eventhough it costs a pretty penny.
    My main problem at the moment is that i've got nothing to go after. I've got all the teams i need to perform reasonably well in every game mode. I can only assume this is worse for whales or players that have been playing even longer than i have been. I really hope that territory battles give me something to strive for again.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It's all about synergy and having the right toons/ships. If you focus on power, you don't understand the mechanics.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    We know TB is coming. Yes we don't know when, but it's on the road ahead, and if you are not preparing now, you may be left behind.

Are Randy Moss, Belicheck, and D'onta Hightower becoming toons, also?
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • leef wrote: »
    Pharaoh wrote: »

I'm f2p and i can assure you that whales have little to no advantage over me currently. (I've been playing for about 18 months though.) There's very little they can buy that gives them an edge. A large roster means jack sith if you can only use 5 characters. 4* or 7* doesn't even matter that much in arena eventhough it costs a pretty penny.
    My main problem at the moment is that i've got nothing to go after. I've got all the teams i need to perform reasonably well in every game mode. I can only assume this is worse for whales or players that have been playing even longer than i have been. I really hope that territory battles give me something to strive for again.

Gameplay is horrible. 45 minutes and done except for the days we play a raid that is so easy, there are all kinds of rules to make it last.

New toons do not equal new content. Need something to do with the toons.
  • So many people are impatient waiting for a mode (territory battles) that the devs announced a couple months ago and said will be launching in August along with Luke's Heroes Journey. Too many people have a microwave mentality.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Stop complaining. This game is fine and if your so mad then take action. My little sister complains less than these forums.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman