Escalating Battle worth a refresh for 90 crystal?

Any try?

Replies

• Waez
    286 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I'd say yes. You can get a good gold mod I guess.

I did get 2 bad mods myself, but I'll just blame RNG.

Cost after 90 is 190, won't do this one I think.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    meh, i'd rather refresh the modstore 6 times.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    refresh is worth it up to 190 crystals if you need good mods, if not then dw about it.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Gold mod with RNG stat not worth 90 crystals. Better 100 crystals refill cantina energy and do mod challenge. The result is RNG also, so why not? :p
  • Depends on your mod situation. Being health, it wouldn't benefit me unless it had a good primary and 16+ speed but gambled anyway.

On the free try got a speed secondary on a cross, figured it was 1:20 chance BUT it was tenacity on a health set. It only went up 1 to a total of 8. So even though I got really lucky, it's not even raid worthy.

90 crystal refresh mod drop was junk, i.e. no speed.

If you have double digit speed on your arena toons already, not worth it to try to improve it.
  • Depends. I did the free attempt, got a health triangle with protection primary and +4 speed secodnary. Was able to make it to +13
  • I did one refresh, not really for the rewards, rather for fun.
  • Yes. An A series mod in the mod store is something like 3200 crystals. So to potentially get one for 90 is a steal.

I did a refresh and ended up with two junk, but I think 90 crystals is a small price to pay
  • Is it worth it to replay for 90 crystal ?
  • If you have fun, yes.
    90 for a gold mod is not bad as well.
    That part depends on pure RNG
  • Depends on your luck, I got a arrow mod with critical avoidance...
  • Usually gold mods cost 2,000 crystals or 4 mil credits so
  • You can't compare it directly to the cost in the mod store, you know the stats before you you buy it.
  • Baldusi
    85 posts Member
    I did the 90 refresh and I don't regret it. Playing was fun, and a gold mod for 90 seems worth it. Try a 100gem refresh and you have a 1/8 chance or so of getting a gold mod (yes, even with 7/8 battles). Still have to get a good one, but the odds are much better. Chance of a speed secondary is 50% in a gold mod (it's 1/8 chance in 4 tries without replacement). So it's like paying 180gems for a gold with a speed secondary. Of course that getting a Speed Arrow is still a 2.5% chance.
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    I dunno mod packs are 999 crystals for 6 mods n only one gold guaranteed. (Latest iteration)
    The refreshes are priced at 90,190 n 290. Can only refresh the event 3 times. So total 570 for 3 more gold mods. On my main I didn't get any speed secs but only refreshed twice. On my alt got a speed sec every mod so very lucky/profitable hence already up enough to hit the 290 refresh too
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    I will refresh it, it seems worth it
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

You would still have to pay 3.9 mil for the mod though.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    slamaMC wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

You would still have to pay 3.9 mil for the mod though.

But only if he finds a good one
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • How many 100 crystal refreshes would you have to use to get a gold five dot mod?
    It's definitely worth it. You may not get a speed secondary, but it's a much better probability at 90 crystals as opposed to a bunch of 100 crystal refreshes trying to get a gold mod with speed.
  • I did 2 refreshes. Got 2 circles, one health and one protection that went to 12/14 speed and a diamond that was a dud. Worth the 280 crystals.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    The mod I got was junk. But it was free, and I enjoyed the event for sure. I like the concept, but I can't justify spending crystals on a mod that may or may not be junk.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Yeah I got a tenacity mod with no speed. Would be upset if I spent 90 on that
  • Went 3 refreshes, +11, +14, +16.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    90 crystals for a chance at a gold mod with a speed secondary is too good to pass up. It didn't work when I refreshed but to me it was worth the gamble.
  • I did the 90 and 190 refresh. Got one mod with a speed secondary and a speed arrow. So it was worth it for me.
  • I landed a offence triangle mod with a speed secondary +18. And a potency cross with speed of +8. I only did the 90 refresh but would have done the 190 if I had the crystals.
  • diangelo
    105 posts Member
    I refreshed it the max 4 times both days.
    I got one very good mod and one good (situational) mod out of the 8. But to me it seemed worth it.
  • I took the risk, the crystal refresh cost seemed worth it to me. When compared to Shipments, a 5E Mod is 2,016 crystals, how much is a 5A Mod? Plus how often would a 5A Mod drop in the Mod Challenges?

I got:
    -Circle with Protection primary
    -Circle with Health primary
    -Arrow with Accuracy primary
    -Arrow with Defence primary, Speed in 3rd slot

Not great, but I took a shot. It seemed like better odds than most packs and other refreshable Events' rewards. If there are better ones, let me know, and I'll look into them when they come around again.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I got a 16 speed potency cross. For me worth it