Count Dooku

AdamW
692 posts Member
edited February 2016
Count Dooku's leadership ability conflicts with his own design, he is best utilized when he is counter attacking.

His leadership ability deters this, when he evades he doesnt get the chance to attack. As a part of his Flawless Riposte ability, he should be able to evade and counter.

I never knew him to counter only after he got hit with a lightsaber, so why start now?

Count Dooku 51 votes

He should evade & counter
31%
KaatLargKelleinBlurdiangeloSmallLimesCasual_PlayerchimiXchangaEllo_AstyEricsonXKwynne4444DingleTinglePoeAndBeholdFoodgrinderZiggy23GraveDigger78Vibe 16 votes
He should only be hit and counter
23%
Circuit8BerdilioNonemoThomasLyleguich0sThalosKiranoSean_BLordZenAlkunDilligaftuneTheFuzzyBunny 12 votes
His leader ability should provide a counter to all when evading (instead of offense buff)
37%
GenakumaXyoDarkAdamWBoro_Smooth1D_MillennialDashboardtjw_tjw14solderboyjx25SweGuyMrTimmahGiranKenorMichajamSchwartzmasterDarth_KatsumotoNikoms565Joshuar56VicSetacSamuelGoth 19 votes
Other (explain)
7%
J7000DarthNicoGungnir75Balaxxe 4 votes

Replies

• AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    His leader ability should provide a counter to all when evading (instead of offense buff)
    I personally would love if his leader ability had this overhaul. This would make him more viable as a team leader and would allow for more team builds than what there currently is.

This would also mean that counter would work from evasions.. as it SHOULD.
  • Totally agree! surely 100% counter should mean he counters everything thrown at him.

also, @adamw YES! his leader ability should give a counter percentage when his leader ability is utilised by others in the team (only if they evade something they should get a counter x% chance) similar to how Lumi gives a heal to all team members as well as the evade which is her main leader ability.
  • Your poll is ....biased and gives no option to leave as is. His leadership ability is fine.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Llewella wrote: »
    Your poll is ....biased and gives no option to leave as is. His leadership ability is fine.

I think you missed the "Other" Option I left for that reason. Or if you would have read option #2, Thats the option to leave it the same. @Llewella

And you can say the same thing about any post of any character on this forum.

I think its not working as it should, so I say something about it.

And no one uses his leader, how often do you see him as leader? And yet a ton of people have him, so I offered an idea.
  • He should only be hit and counter
    Sorry, but IMO it's ridiculous to suggest that he should be able to counter an attack he evades. So not only is the player punished for RNG deciding on the opposition Dooku evading but also they're punished by him countering them on top of it. Sure, that's totally fair.
  • His leader ability should provide a counter to all when evading (instead of offense buff)
    AdamW wrote: »
    I personally would love if his leader ability had this overhaul. This would make him more viable as a team leader and would allow for more team builds than what there currently is.

This would also mean that counter would work from evasions.. as it SHOULD.

+1
  • He should evade & counter
    This is another example of using words without looking at the definition. Stun does not work as the definition suggests. Counter also does not work as the definition suggests. Probably others. Is lack of descriptions the issue or are these bugs?
    Bye Forums.
  • Other (explain)
    I would like to see his leader ability changed to +20% off up for sixth allies and 25% chance for all allies to assist
  • His leader ability should provide a counter to all when evading (instead of offense buff)
    Sorry, but IMO it's ridiculous to suggest that he should be able to counter an attack he evades. So not only is the player punished for RNG deciding on the opposition Dooku evading but also they're punished by him countering them on top of it. Sure, that's totally fair.

Why is it crazy to think he should counter when attacked? Even if he evades, he was still attacked. They dont just call it truce and go out to dinner after someone tries stabbing him.

Dooku is the main counter attacking character, but I would expect if they were to make him able to evade and counter, then every counter character could do the same.

As it should.. because your counter attacking an attack made on you.
  • Evading an attack often throws the attacker off balance. It would generally seem to be easier for Dooku to counter an evaded attack than one that hits him and throws him off balance.