Heroic AAT rewards...

I have beat this drum before but I don't think it can be said enough. The HAAT rewards are pretty insulting most of the time. I think early on when you are getting GK shards and first starting to build up gear, you don't notice quite as much how awful the gear drop is but once you have 7* GK and have the raid on farm you start to realize how little you are actually getting from a (supposed) heroic raid.

Gear that we get from challenges 3 times a week has no place as a reward from a heroic raid. For instance the last raid we completed I got ALL THREE pieces of challenge gear in which I have about 2k of each piece. The 4th drop was the mk4 holo discs in which I have over 700 (those are another common drop because they are worthless without a set of cuffs anyway).

They dress all this gear up and try to fool us into believing we are getting something when in all reality there are only about 2 pieces of gear that we all seek on a regular basis and they never drop. What are we really getting from the HAAT once we complete GK? A steady supply of credits and a prayer for a rare drop once every 10 raids or so?

At the very least challenge gear needs to be removed from the rotation in order to increase the odds of the actual useful gear dropping. I realize I just wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this because it will fall on deaf ears not Dev ears.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm not that sure i actually want the challenge gear removed, mainly the "Mk 8 BioTech Implant".
    Currently i've got 722 of those salvages you get from the challenge, wich is enough for ~13 full gears, but i need 79 of those bad boys. When gear tier 12 drops, those are maybe going to be the new carbanti's, wich i currently love to get in the rancor raid. Just like carbanti's/stun guns, the non-challenge salvages are cheaper to buy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Those salvage do you absolutely no good without the other half which NEVER drops. I'm not sure why you would be more worried about getting something that you can collect 3 times a week instead of getting more of the other half. I guess you would rather drop 750 crystals every time you need to craft one instead of having them drop more often from the raid?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Those salvage do you absolutely no good without the other half which NEVER drops. I'm not sure why you would be more worried about getting something that you can collect 3 times a week instead of getting more of the other half. I guess you would rather drop 750 crystals every time you need to craft one instead of having them drop more often from the raid?

yea exactly. I can get 750 crystals faster than i can get 60 of those challenge salvages. (without using real money obviously)
  • Haha ok I'm pretty sure you are in the minority here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Haha ok I'm pretty sure you are in the minority here.

like i said, when g12 drops you might be glad they didn't remove the Mk 8 BioTech Implant challenge salvages just like i'm glad now that they didnt remove the carbanti's from the rancor back in the day. God, i hated getting those things back then, now i'm happy when i'm getting carbanti's.
  • The carbantis were always in high demand. It has just gotten worse with the newer characters. The thing is, even if those biotechs are needed by everyone beyond gear 12 they still do you no good without the other half. You could have 10 thousand of the salvage and without the other piece it's worthless. The 50 piece is much more valuable and rare.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Moving to appropriate sub-forum: Feedback: Raids