Commander Luke Skywalker appearance possibilities

Prev13
So we all know that commander Luke Skywalker is fast approaching, but at this point we know very little more.

It seems when it comes to his appearance there are a few possibilities as to what he could actually look like. The favourite opinion seems to be that he will be wearing the hoth gear, but personally I think the yellow jacket outfit or even the bespin outfit are on the table.

What do you think Luke's newest appearance will be based on and why?

Replies

• Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Commander Pampers Luke in the medical tank

bacta-tank-padrao.png?fit=700%2C700
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

This.
    He will probably have both a blaster and a lightsaber, which he will use as his weapons.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'm guessing it will be Hoth Luke. And I'm still schocked we aren't getting either a pilot Luke with Red5 X-Wing, or a yellow jacket Luke from the end of ANH.
  • But they're bringing out 'hoth han' and 'hoth leia' so surely he would be called 'hoth luke'? Also someone pointed out that the bespin clothing was just underneith the hoth suit, so wouldn't it be strange to have two versions in the same clothing?

Personally I'm still holding out hope for yellow jacket Luke, I think that would be really awesome and bring us directly to the end of ANH, leaving room for a future Hoth Luke from TB shipments
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    luke-bespin.jpg
  • It's going to be the Luke Skywalker in all the promo videos etc that you see - I would be surprised if he didn't have a lightsaber. I would not be surprised through if they didn't give him the "Jedi" tag.

Basically, the Luke I think we will get is the same one that @RacerDejak stuck up a picture of.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    It's going to be the Luke Skywalker in all the promo videos etc that you see - I would be surprised if he didn't have a lightsaber. I would not be surprised through if they didn't give him the "Jedi" tag.

Basically, the Luke I think we will get is the same one that @RacerDejak stuck up a picture of.

He bring the saber.. would be nice if he can have ability like Sabine. Can use both pistol n saber
    :love:
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    It's going to be the Luke Skywalker in all the promo videos etc that you see - I would be surprised if he didn't have a lightsaber. I would not be surprised through if they didn't give him the "Jedi" tag.

He bring the saber.. would be nice if he can have ability like Sabine. Can use both pistol n saber

That would be cool. I really hope you're both right. The saber/blaster combo would be fun and it doesn't matter so much about the Jedi tag - it's not as if he teamed up with any other Jedi anyway
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    - it's not as if he teamed up with any other Jedi anyway

8vJ-QOTx.jpg
  • Waez wrote: »
    - it's not as if he teamed up with any other Jedi anyway

8vJ-QOTx.jpg

I don't really remember them fighting side by side. That's like saying just because he had a conversation with Vader he should have an empire tag. Also, there's something in old ben's beard
  • I think it's easy to figure this one out. First off, how many Luke interactions can there be, cannon wise?
    There's a lot on Lukes life that we don't know about (cannon wise). So that would leave us 3 "Lukes": the one we have, prior to his adventures (Farmer Luke); the one when he starts/goes through his training (Commander Luke); the one after he completes his training (Jedi Luke).
    The third one is probably only coming out after this new trilogy is over, so that leaves us with Commander Luke - as per already announced.
    And which version would that be? Yellow jacket by the end of ANH? Hoth clothing? Or black outfit from RoTJ?
    I, personally, am betting that it's the third one: suspicious Ewok pass and double drops going on; possible ship raid incoming (when ANH takes place he wasn't a commander yet); its the most remarkable version we had of Luke up until TFA. And this version will probably have the jedi tag, because as far as we know Lukes version on TFA and TLJ will not be a jedi per se, hence the "I only know one truth - the jedi must end" phrase.
    Especulating is fun, though, it's like a game on its own.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    I think it's easy to figure this one out. First off, how many Luke interactions can there be, cannon wise?
    There's a lot on Lukes life that we don't know about (cannon wise). So that would leave us 3 "Lukes": the one we have, prior to his adventures (Farmer Luke); the one when he starts/goes through his training (Commander Luke); the one after he completes his training (Jedi Luke).
    The third one is probably only coming out after this new trilogy is over, so that leaves us with Commander Luke - as per already announced.
    And which version would that be? Yellow jacket by the end of ANH? Hoth clothing? Or black outfit from RoTJ?
    I, personally, am betting that it's the third one: suspicious Ewok pass and double drops going on; possible ship raid incoming (when ANH takes place he wasn't a commander yet); its the most remarkable version we had of Luke up until TFA. And this version will probably have the jedi tag, because as far as we know Lukes version on TFA and TLJ will not be a jedi per se, hence the "I only know one truth - the jedi must end" phrase.

Well get at least one ESB Luke before jedi Luke. All descriptions make it seem that this journey will be the one from the OT and since commander luke is the "next" iteration of Luke it wont be ROTJ Luke right off the bat.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    I think it's easy to figure this one out. First off, how many Luke interactions can there be, cannon wise?

Well get at least one ESB Luke before jedi Luke. All descriptions make it seem that this journey will be the one from the OT and since commander luke is the "next" iteration of Luke it wont be ROTJ Luke right off the bat.

2 points:
    1) As far as we know this Luke journey could possibly be only from Farmer to Commander, and then we would get one from Commander to Jedi - the devs announcement doesn't specifically says it's from farmer to jedi; also, can you imagine they teasing us with this and release only after TLJ is relesead, 'or further? Don't think so;
    2) by the time the events of RoTJ took place he was still a commander.
  • It does say it's the first event in a new series, so there has to be at least two events. By that logic, it's gotta be a Luke from at least ESB, possibly end of ANH.

I think when it comes to green saber Luke, they'd probably want to refer to him as Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. Commander Luke Skywalker seems to fit will with the peak of his involvement in the rebellion, prior to extensive Jedi training - bespin clothes seems like a safe bet at this point.
  • He will be in ugly outfit. I seriously doubt he will use a saber.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »

That would be cool. I really hope you're both right. The saber/blaster combo would be fun and it doesn't matter so much about the Jedi tag - it's not as if he teamed up with any other Jedi anyway

Yes.. yes.. I don't really care about jedi tag. Will be akward anyway if i see him battle alongside with jedi. Bcause i believe base on the original trilogy, he don't battle together with jedi (unlikely qgj w/ kenobi/anakin, mace w/ yoda/kit fisto/aylaa/ima gun/etc. Rebel is his only allies at that time. Jedi is more like his spiritual guide
    :frowning:

But to be honest, i'm not sure Commander Luke will be in Bespin outfit. Bcause the release of Hoth Leia and Han, there is chance also that Commander Luke will be in Hoth outfit (the one that like SRP?). Triple Hoth theme? :hushed:

Good news is.. as far as i remember, those both outfit have saber holster. Whatever his outfit will be, i hope he can use both his pistol and saber
    :innocent:
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »

2 points:
    1) As far as we know this Luke journey could possibly be only from Farmer to Commander, and then we would get one from Commander to Jedi - the devs announcement doesn't specifically says it's from farmer to jedi; also, can you imagine they teasing us with this and release only after TLJ is relesead, 'or further? Don't think so;
    2) by the time the events of RoTJ took place he was still a commander.

Commander luke is the next iteration of Luke which means theres more coming after and yes the first event description said follow lukes journey as he becomes a member of the jedi order.
  • He's probably gonna be the hoth like that we saw at the begninng of episode 5. So either in an orange pilot suit with a blaster or his hoth outfit
  • Nosferatu91
    399 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Would be really cool if it was this costume, I think that would be even better than bespin luke in my opinion

http://americanleatherjacket.com/image/cache/luke_jacket-800x800.jpg
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    He is already in-game and is graphically already complete.

He will be wearing his Bespin outfit with blue lightsaber.

If done right we have FB Luke already, Bespin/Commander Rebel Luke, we will then get Jedi Luke and then possibly Old Man Luke.

People going on to say we will then get x-wing pilot Luke and Hoth Luke is just silly - how many versions of luke do people think are going to be in this game??
  • Boo wrote: »

If done right we have FB Luke already, Bespin/Commander Rebel Luke, we will then get Jedi Luke and then possibly Old Man Luke.

People going on to say we will then get x-wing pilot Luke and Hoth Luke is just silly - how many versions of luke do people think are going to be in this game??

I like your logic but with sll the hans you never know. Bespin luke in game version doesnt currently use a blaster does he? Theyd have to rework a couple of nodes
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

I like your logic but with sll the hans you never know. Bespin luke in game version doesnt currently use a blaster does he? Theyd have to rework a couple of nodes

I do like the idea of Commander Luke having a blaster attack alongside his lightsaber - that would be very cool - perhaps having a choice between 2 basic attacks - blaster or saber, that really would be cool!
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Suddenly remember Luke in PvE version. What outfit he use, is it the bespin? He use blue saber i think. Without pistol ability.

I start to think that Commander Luke Skywalker = PvE Rebel Luke Skywalker. Bcause change name to "Commander" sound cool. Hmmm.. what do u think guys? :flushed:
    Suddenly remember Luke in PvE version. What outfit he use, is it the bespin? He use blue saber i think. Without pistol ability.

I start to think that Commander Luke Skywalker = PvE Rebel Luke Skywalker. Bcause change name to "Commander" sound cool. Hmmm.. what do u think guys? :flushed:

I think that's the most logical. A slight rename and he's good to go. It would be stupid to call anyone rebel anything, because that's just stating the obvious and undermines the fact that the other Luke is also a rebel. We may be on to something...
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member

I think that's the most logical. A slight rename and he's good to go. It would be **** to call anyone rebel anything, because that's just stating the obvious and undermines the fact that the other Luke is also a rebel. We may be on to something...

@Nosferatu91 Check this out Mobile Gamer have Luke PvE ability data (note : it's a old video)
    https://youtu.be/YxUEr-Qg4_I

Luke PvE skill is soo 2016 lol :lol:
    If they will release this version, i think maybe they will tuning him hmmm
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    I'm guessing that Commander Luke is a version of Hoth Luke to go along with Hoth Han and Hoth Leia. I'm thinking he is called "commander" because Luke is going to have new leader abilities that will interact with the new Hoth characters. I bet they even update Hoth Rebel Scout and Hoth Rebel Soldier so we have a new squad of 5 characters.

I think that's the most logical. A slight rename and he's good to go. It would be **** to call anyone rebel anything, because that's just stating the obvious and undermines the fact that the other Luke is also a rebel. We may be on to something...

@Nosferatu91 Check this out Mobile Gamer have Luke PvE ability data (note : it's a old video)

Yeah definitely needs a bit of a rework! Looks like anakin in a different skin, so that could be a reason against it being this version? I've noticed this is before they updated the character graphics though so a few changes may have been made
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I've been saying and posting this from the beginning.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

I've been saying and posting this from the beginning.

Could be but I doubt it. I think Lukes duds will match the other Hoth toons and that he will have a blaster and an ability to use his blue lightsaber like Sabine Wren uses her darksaber ability.