Does this game need a story mode?

Boo
4134 posts Member
Perhaps this is what the playerbase needs to keep interest.

A story mode that you can play in your own time and has an adjustable difficulty allowing players wanting a challenge to be challenged, but easier difficulty gives few rewards.

I think it could be a good idea.

Perhaps the story mode could stretch into other areas of the game - say story mode finds you on hoth - you must complete Hoth Territory Battle to continue in story mode - or something like that.

What do people think?

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Most of the nodes are already based on events from the saga
  • DatBoi wrote: »

But it's mostly out of order
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

So you want something we already have, just in a different order and (assuming) toon requirements? Doesn't sound like the "new content" everyone is clamoring for
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Sure there would be toon requirements to keep people farming and spending money etc.

Each faction could have their own story/missions to complete. Order certainly helps and it does not make sense having Ewok enemies on Tatooine for example - some quality immersive, lore friendly story mode.

I think it sounds like a good idea.

If you take your argument @DatBoi - much of anything they do is going to be based on what we already have, so might as well make it fun.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

So you want something we already have, just in a different order and (assuming) toon requirements? Doesn't sound like the "new content" everyone is clamoring for

Just to re-arange it
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I thought this game would have one when I first downloaded it.

A storyline with characters from different eras/time periods is not easy to do and doing story modes for each faction will take WAY too much time and resources to build from scratch, especially if you want the campaigns to last longer then a handful of battles.

Edit: Thinking it over, Heroes Journey might be the closest thing to a story mode. We'll see...
    Post edited by Krayden_Phogg on