Events not appearing unless you restart App

stohelit
149 posts Member
edited August 2017
If you leave the app running overnight, some events for the next day do not appear. You have to exit and force the app to close, then restart it to get the events to show up. This is particularly for events that appear without prior warning - like Flash events and sometimes for the Heist events.

I don't use this phone for much other than gaming, so I just leave SWGOH running on it all the time (it is so slow to load that would be unplayable if I had to load it each time). Seeing the scoundrel pack in the store is the cue that a heist event is in progress, so I need to force close the app and restart. (They seemed to have fixed that with one of the recent updates, but now it seems to be back.)

The flash events give no cue on the day they appear, so you just have to force close and restart the app every day to see if there is one. [For instance, the Ewok flash events only showed up on 2 or 3 days last month. Is that because I didn't restart my phone every day (though I played every day), or was that by design?] Other events (omega battles, assault battles, etc.) seem to show up without having to restart (at least as far as I can tell).

This is on Android.862-179-542

Please make the events show up for those who dedicate a phone to SWGOH, and don't restart SWGOH every day. Thank you.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    There were only three Ewok flash events.
  • Options
    This happens to me too on my new Motorola Moto Z Droid. Annoying.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    There were only three Ewok flash events.
    Thanks. At least I know I didn't miss any flash events.
    crzydroid wrote: »

Thanks again. They should make it so I don't have to consult a separate schedule to see what days I need to restart the app. (The least they could do is put it in format easy to add to my Calendar (iCal, etc.) ;-). Better yet, have the app keep track and tell us.

This is on an LG Optimus Exceed 2.
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Additional - It isn't just having to restart that day (i.e. 24 hour period starting at midnight local standard time), evidently you have to restart after some particular time that day.
    I was up late last night, and restarted the game sometime around 1:30 AM pacific daylight time, no events were listed, aside from the teases for omega events this weekend. This morning (about 9AM) the scoundrel pack was in the store (cue that heist event in progress), but the credit heist did not show up until I restarted the app.

What time do the heist events start?
    What time do the flash event teases start?
    (i.e. what time do I have to restart the app to be sure I don't miss events.)
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    stohelit wrote: »
    Additional - It isn't just having to restart that day (i.e. 24 hour period starting at midnight local standard time), evidently you have to restart after some particular time that day.
    I was up late last night, and restarted the game sometime around 1:30 AM pacific daylight time, no events were listed, aside from the teases for omega events this weekend. This morning (about 9AM) the scoundrel pack was in the store (cue that heist event in progress), but the credit heist did not show up until I restarted the app.

What time do the heist events start?
    What time do the flash event teases start?
    (i.e. what time do I have to restart the app to be sure I don't miss events.)

If you look at event timers, it tells you. So if I calculated correctly, looks like mine starts/ends at 5 in the morning. Omega battles are around 2, I think.
  • Options
    Thanks.
    What time zone are you in?
    Hmm. If we assume the credit heist runs for 24 hours, then it looks like it started at 4 AM PDT for me. (I am in a PST guild, though don't think that would matter). Don't know if it is same time for everyone, or if it varies by individual time zone.
    It looks like the Omega battles start around 11PM to midnight PDT for me. Hard to tell because don't quite know how their clock handles fractions (round, truncate, ?). Right now it is 11:10 AM PDT here, and the countdown says starts in 2 days, 12 hours. But when I looked a couple minutes before 11:00 AM I think it said 2 days 13 hours.
    Don't know how could figure out when the flash event tease starts though, aside from trial and error. (Since there is no tease of the tease, and events fall at specific times, so can't really figure backwards from the length of the event.)