Thrawn Zeta Leader Question

Is it worth spending a zeta on his leadership ability? Doesn't seem like it makes a huge difference but I could be wrong ... I do run lots of Empire toons under Thrawn in arena ...

Replies

• 50/50 mix in my shard have either ability with a zeta. All say the same.....not very useful in arena, but very useful in raids.

I run him under Zader with no zetas and do just fine. At 6*, mine doesn't do raids
  • Cool - I remember early on some folks said the leader zeta is good for arena, but I couldn't quite figure out how/why.
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    4% prot recovery for each debuff adds up (2% on and then 2% off).. often get 2 or 3 debuffs at a time even against rex, gk, thrawn, nihilus, r2 or similar chaze squads.. so 8 - 12% prot regain and can then clear all debuffs for a quick prot recharge with manouver for just half of your tm.

I'd say it's still worth it for arena and making gw and raids easier isn't bad too.

• It's quite solid and has kept me in the to 10, despite being surrounded by Rex, GK triple cleanse. In fact, it's absurdly strong on attack if played right.

Unfortunately the AI will be more foolish, so like most empire teams, taking on a Thrawn lead will mean you'll have to climb a lot to regain your spot each day.

Word on the street is that Gar might be a better choice in this post-Zaul Era
  • I spent my first zeta on his leadership, and I'm quite satisfied. I posted a thread earlier, where he 1v2d zSavage and SA under zMaul lead in arena. That was thanks to this zeta, as he regained prot every time he cleansed. Soon I'm putting zeta on Veers' unique, which will result in even more prot gain.
    He is useful against Nihilus, extremely useful against zVader lead, and the only team I couldn't beat on offense was a Rex, Kenobi, zBariss, Nih and Shore team.
    If you run Empire teams, his zeta is quite handy imo.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Thanks for all the feedback guys. One last question - I see Empire toons recover on 2% protection - does it really, in aggregate over the course of an arena match, really add up? I guess now with Commander Luke in the mix I'm trying to be diligent about how I use my saved zeta mats and wasn't sure if the 2% increases really add up in a useful way with the Thrawn zeta lead ...
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. One last question - I see Empire toons recover on 2% protection - does it really, in aggregate over the course of an arena match, really add up? I guess now with Commander Luke in the mix I'm trying to be diligent about how I use my saved zeta mats and wasn't sure if the 2% increases really add up in a useful way with the Thrawn zeta lead ...

Don't forget that it's when a toon lose OR gain a status effect, so buffs and debuffs. The gain of protection can be interesting in the good team. zVeers and troopers are the right toon imo to run with him as lead.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. One last question - I see Empire toons recover on 2% protection - does it really, in aggregate over the course of an arena match, really add up? I guess now with Commander Luke in the mix I'm trying to be diligent about how I use my saved zeta mats and wasn't sure if the 2% increases really add up in a useful way with the Thrawn zeta lead ...

Don't forget that it's when a toon lose OR gain a status effect, so buffs and debuffs. The gain of protection can be interesting in the good team. zVeers and troopers are the right toon imo to run with him as lead.

Exactly. Shore, Stormy and Veers always give buffs away to each other, and they gain prot when they lose it as well. Once my Veers recovered all his prot during a long arena fight. (The enemy had debuffers of course, which added to the effect.)
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    GW have become un-losable with him as lead, shore, Tarkin, palpy, and tfp. Often finishing with full health and/protection. Occasionally need to run wiggs in first if facing a Meta on node 11. But still, he makes GW cake and is quite good in arena at this time as well.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    In arena when you use manuever on a severely debuffed toon it's a very noticeable boost in prot.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    In arena, on offense, you'll almost never lose protection on an empire toon with it. They'll only die from annihilate. On defense it makes them much more annoying to fight
  • BulYwif wrote: »

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Currently I run ZThrawn, ZZDN, DT, Shore and GK so I'm not sure if that is going to maximize his leader skills as much.
  • MPac wrote: »
    GW have become un-losable with him as lead, shore, Tarkin, palpy, and tfp. Often finishing with full health and/protection. Occasionally need to run wiggs in first if facing a Meta on node 11. But still, he makes GW cake and is quite good in arena at this time as well.
    MPac wrote: »
    In arena when you use manuever on a severely debuffed toon it's a very noticeable boost in prot.

That's what I was hoping for ...
    Rakim wrote: »
    In arena, on offense, you'll almost never lose protection on an empire toon with it. They'll only die from annihilate. On defense it makes them much more annoying to fight

That's what I was wondering .. if that's the case ... I will seriously consider using it. Thanks!