I think I know why the arena is a lot harder the past few days but need further testing

Prev1
Skye
795 posts Member
People are going to need Yoda to do this... I won't be able to do it til the next arena pass as I am unwilling to spend more crystals if my theory is correct

I was in a couple of matches... but on one match I used Yoda's.. Master Stroke... those familiar with what it does will know it takes all buffs from the opponents and give it to himself...

This particular team I was fighting had only one character who could potentially gain Offense up which was Dooku but only when he was leader, which he was not, Phasma was this teams lead... there was no Poogle or QGJ in this particular team...

Upon using YOda's master stroke.. I found he had somehow acquired offense up buff along with Kylo Ren's retailation...

Now it leads me to think that something is broke somewhere... given the ramp up in difficulty in the Arena teams the past few days... i.e. enemies seemingly hitting a lot harder than they should and moving a lot faster than they should (i.e. enemy phasma moving before my Sidious firing off her Fusillade)....

And what I had saw on this Yoda master strike and looking at the opponents team there was only Kylo Ren's retailation...

I'm stratching my head over where the hell this offense buff had come from?

Looking carefully at the enemy team

Phasma (lead), Kylo Ren, Sidious, FOTP and count Dooku

None of those characters should have offense up buff but Dooku again only when he is a leader and someone evades. But here Phasma is the leader not dooku. I looked very carefully at Yoda's powers and none of them give him offense up directly... And at the point of when I used Yoda's power my QGJ hadn't even moved yet...

So where the heck did the offense buff come from? Even looking at Dooku who was the character I aimed at when I used Yoda's master strike... I couldn't see an offense up buff on him either!

Does the AI have a hidden offense buff? which could explain why since the arena visibilty change happened why I'd been losing a lot more matches against the very same teams I didn't have that many problems with...

I've accounted for the precise speed changes but something just doesn't add up right now...
Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• Who else was on your team?
  • What did the icon look like?
  • Even Poe's basic is wrecking my **** and I'm getting seriously mad. I just went on a 5/5 losing streak.
  • veazye
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Skye wrote: »
    People are going to need Yoda to do this... I won't be able to do it til the next arena pass as I am unwilling to spend more crystals if my theory is correct

I was in a couple of matches... but on one match I used Yoda's.. Master Stroke... those familiar with what it does will know it takes all buffs from the opponents and give it to himself...

This particular team I was fighting had only one character who could potentially gain Offense up which was Dooku but only when he was leader, which he was not, Phasma was this teams lead... there was no Poogle or QGJ in this particular team...

Upon using YOda's master stroke.. I found he had somehow acquired offense up buff along with Kylo Ren's retailation...

Now it leads me to think that something is broke somewhere... given the ramp up in difficulty in the Arena teams the past few days... i.e. enemies seemingly hitting a lot harder than they should and moving a lot faster than they should (i.e. enemy phasma moving before my Sidious firing off her Fusillade)....

And what I had saw on this Yoda master strike and looking at the opponents team there was only Kylo Ren's retailation...

None of those characters should have offense up buff but Dooku again only when he is a leader and someone evades. But here Phasma is the leader not dooku. I looked very carefully at Yoda's powers and none of them give him offense up directly... And at the point of when I used Yoda's power my QGJ hadn't even moved yet...

So where the heck did the offense buff come from? Even looking at Dooku who was the character I aimed at when I used Yoda's master strike... I couldn't see an offense up buff on him either!

Does the AI have a hidden offense buff? which could explain why since the arena visibilty change happened why I'd been losing a lot more matches against the very same teams I didn't have that many problems with...

I've accounted for the precise speed changes but something just doesn't add up right now...

Last week i didn't had any problem with the arena, finshing 1st in the rank on the server i play, everyday. In galactic wars, i was using the same team i use in the arena and i didn't had to reset more than twice.

Galactic wars changes
    Two days ago, in the gw i went into a droid team at the 10 stage, i attacked first with genosian soldier, and the ig-88 evaded/deflected both the attacks from genosian soldier and the ally who attacked. During this deflection, ig88 got the ofense up and killed all my character, all fully healed, and they weren't all jedi.
    Today in the gw, in the 3rd stage i ran into a fully leveled stars, ability and level guy. 80 % of my attack were deflected, and after trying one hour to pass this guy without casualities, i noticed that if an attack is deflected, the character gets offense up. With phasma as leader, every 2 times in a row deflection in that battle gave the opponent offense up.
    In the arena
    Two days ago i finished 18th place after i used extra retries, lots of loses. And i mostly blamed it because i coldnt attack no one from 40 level, 5 levels lower.
    Yesterday i finished on the 38th place, only 2 wins from 10.
    Today i finished 49, being like this since this morning, and i didn't won any match in the arena. I couldn't win against people that i had no problem to beat before.

I almost lost against someone in the arena with 4000 power less than me, and the team was almost the same, except he had phasma as leader,

My conclusion
    The moderators of this game made the last update so that the opponents you attack, to get 50% more evasion/deflection compared to you and when an attack against them is one of those, they get offense up. Also, in every battle where the opponent has old daka, i saw 9 from 10 situations that daka would revive a character, when in my team, today in gw and arena, i didn't get any resurection. So i think the chance to apply effects increased for the opponent that is defending.
    My guess, the yoda chalenge couldn't become a chalenge, so they increased these stats that are affecting the whole gameplay. In my server i don't think they are 10 guys who could have yoda unlocked. They made these change to make people think that they would need yoda more than anything, that they couldn't advance in the game without it, and getting people to spend 50 dolars or euros to get the jedi pack. And in most cases, 50 dolars wouldn't be enought because anakin would be 4 stars and it isn't enough to get yoda.
    They made a big wage on this change, maybe because they need money, they were desperate, but they made me delete the game.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    What did the icon look like?

It looked exactly like an offense up buff... the green star/circle...

Exactly the same one you get if use QGJ humbling blow on the enemy team that has a buff you debuff with it... Like I said I hadn't used my QGJ on Kylo ren... this was because I wanted Yoda to steal his retailation first. So no one on either my team or the enemy team had the offense up until Yoda stole it from literally no where!

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Arena got harder, teams I used to easily beat everyday now I could not beat sometimes. Reason is simple, they hit a a lot harder than before and I hit softer. Their Poe can do 3200 damage, Boba can do 5400, and Sid consistently hit 3000 regular.
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Interesting. Try and record a video of this happing tomorrow. Thanks.
  • Lumi hit me 3 times in a roll today and killed my poe that's crazy I know the first time came from an assist but the 2 following r just crazy my full team could just sit watch this going on forever
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Interesting. Try and record a video of this happing tomorrow. Thanks.

I can only take screenshots... unless I link my phone screen output up to my computer somehow... but I also dunno if this was a freak one-off or the person I was attacking was cheating.. I need to find the very same person I was attacking, which would be great if I could remember his team and hope he hadn't changed his team since!

Still if it does happen again, I will screenshot it this time...
    Gobear5555 wrote: »
    Lumi hit me 3 times in a roll today and killed my poe that's crazy I know the first time came from an assist but the 2 following r just crazy my full team could just sit watch this going on forever

Like I alluded to in my original post there are other oddities also happening... Like since when could Phasma fire off her Fusillade before my max gear sidious could move (without being stunned by dooku)?! Phasma isn't exactly the fastest moving character there is

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member

I have found in Arena that after my Yoda steals buffs, he has yet to steal evasion up...yet, when he shares buffs with my squad, there it is...every time.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I been using Yoda the past few days... haven't been able to replicate what I saw in that fight with the odd things happening.. so I can only assume it was just a weird glitch or that person was hacking...

That said I did find an odd thing that... QGJ if he kills someone with humbling blow that had a buff on it... Removing that buff often will not give his team the offense buff... Which happened today... but then when I used Battle meditation a turn after that humbling blow move... suddenly my whole team had the offense up buff.. which wasn't there after humbling blow was used initially

So it might not be Yoda but actually something to do with QGJ when he kills and debuffs a buffed character with his humbling blow.

• I do feel it, and because we play it daily, you know when something is not right.

The dot change also did not help my situation against FO pilot advantage.
  • QGJ Humbling blow bug on arena happened to me too several times. I used QGJ to remove a buff with humbling blow but there are no offense up on my team.
    829-416-931
  • Maybe this is a hive mind thing but arena has felt A LOT tougher since the update. Don't know if it's the speed changes or what, and maybe hearing other people say stuff is making me believe it more, but it's interesting to see other people noticing the same thing
  • Yes. I've noticed it's much harder. I'm losing alot more than I used to before the update. I think the speed adjustment is a big factor.
  • Yeah. I been dying alot more. I thought it was just me. :s
  • If QGJ kills a person with humbling blow they don't consider the buff removed and thus you don't get offense up.

As to how your Yoda got offense up. No frickin idea.

The increased CPU difficulty is real and I believe intentional. CPU always had increased percentages of things like Phasma assists and debuffs, etc, but now they seem to have very much boosted other things, like evasion and damage. I've noticed it very much in GW and in arena I held my #1 ranking all night and through 6pm without having to attack a single time (unheard of...the top of my server is so close and we all have the same players to choose from that in the past everyone could beat everyone's CPU led teams basically).

I think a lot of people complained that their teams were not good enough defensively. Someone with a lot less power than you could beat your CPU squad simply because the CPU attacked in such an **** fashion. That much hasn't really changed, the CPU AI is still not very good. But I think they went a little overboard and actually flipped the script, your CPU defense now is often stronger than your strategic offensive attacks.

Which benefits some people (like me) and really hurts some other people. What hurts everyone is what this change does to difficulty in GW. I too have sat there resetting until I could find just one of the 5 people that wouldn't evade/deflect my initial attack.

I'm sure they're aware of this stuff. Whether they change anything or not is a different story.
  • It might be a bug or glitch.
    I also had Yoda acquire a mysterious offense up in a galactic war battle. Can't remember the enemy team composition but remember that i was attacking with master stroke to steal a kylo counterattack buff. No one on the enemy team had offense up buff active but i somehow got it onto yoda along with the counterattack one. I had QGJ in squad, can't remember if he had killed someone with humbling blow prior. Do remember being surprised getting the buff. Hasn't happened since.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ovechkin08 wrote: »
    If QGJ kills a person with humbling blow they don't consider the buff removed and thus you don't get offense up.

As to how your Yoda got offense up. No frickin idea.

This is what surprised me most... cause I know QGJ humbling blow if it kills something will not give the team the offense buff... but then moments later it pops up... I haven't been able to reproduce the issue since... but it seems like it's a very rare bug or glitch happening...

Cause a number of times I have noticed the following conditions

1. not immediately after using humbling blow... there is no offense buff on my team regardless of whether the target dies or not.
    2. No offense up buff was copied from the enemy team on Yoda's masterstroke.. other buffs may be copied (retribution, evasion up, etc)
    3. a turn or later QGJ humbling blow then using battle mediation on Yoda.. miraculously an offense buff will appear out of no where!

It's not 100% consistent... but it's happened often enough for me to see these two conditions... So I'm thinking client server lag issue might be at play here! I need to experiment a bit more before I know for certain,

There's a fair number of variations on buffs stole in point 2... so that adds an inconsistent variable...

• It is just a joke, at the beginning everybody had Barris as lead, after that it started with Sid, after Sid it started with Phasma, than Poe, and now QGJ.

There is no chance of playing different squads/teams because all the nerfs/buffs force you to go the only possible winning chance at the moment..

Sad but true..
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    I made a rant earlier about going from rank -200 to something like 600+ out of absolute rage. I literally lost every single match I had for two days not because of my team comp or strategy, but literally because i couldn't *hit* anyone. I tallied dodges/deflections and the AI has something like a 60% dodge/deflect chance while I have around 10%. I spent the whole two days just watching *every* ability I tried to use fail, while the enemy just walks in and wrecks my crew.

I still dont understand it, and it's possibly some hidden attack up buff like op is stating, but around turn 3 after all Sids/Dookus went, both our Lumi's were at full health. Their Lumi one shot my Lumi with force wave. I have *never* been able to kill a lumi in a force wave, even with Sidius as my leader.

The more I read, I actually get a bit calmer because it appears its not just me missing with literally every ability I have. I just finished my daily rounds of PVP and two matches in particular I witnessed no less than 5 dodges from a single individual back to back (was trying to kill Savage).

• The worst thing is when you lose to a JC, Lumi, Chewy team, lol. Happened to me, I went in, easy meat. Dodge, dodge, dodge, I'm dead, lol. But, hey, if it's happening to so many guys, means teams attacking me are also seeing something like this :smile:
  • You know something's up when you go against the exact same team as yours multiple times a day with the exact same power level and gear level but they absolutely destroy you, doing more damage, dodging/resisting more, proccing effects more often, etc. We as gamers are conditioned to notice and recognize patterns and a lot of us are recognizing a pattern here. We'll never get a straight answer, though
  • Since I face a sea of people using the same comp -dooku/daka/phasma/lumi/Sid I've played the same battle a dozen times in the past 3 days. The opening is always the same dooku/ coin flip sids/my Poe ... At this point I burn down daka...my Poe dies... After this all hell breaks loose on the enemy side with what seems to me to be a sequence of events where the rng is all on the AIs side. Crazy phasma assists, huge lumi crits , massive Sid aoe etc and when it's all down I'm usually left with 1-2 toons who are nearly dead and the enemy is either mostly healthy or has lumis heal ticking.

Is the AI getting a boost? I have no way to prove it but it certain feels that way. If this wasn't EA I would chalk this up to my imagination but I think the devs realized people don't actually need to spend crystals to rank up under the old system. For example pre update I was cracking into the top 30 using my 5 free battles a day and with a few better toons could have been in the top 10. Now I'm fighting just to stay in the top 100 with those same free five battles and if I want to climb I have to spend crystals.

Honestly I think the devs messed up on their currency system and are realizing they don't have enough currency sinks to keep people from amassing hoards of crystals. Credits are the actual bottleneck that hold people back but no one spends their crystals on credits because energy gets you gear, credits, and shards. i would not be surprised to see more changes that encourage crystal use in the upcoming updates.

• I've noticed yoda granting my team dodge up buff even though he didn't steal it in the previous turn. Maybe the AI has a hidden (sneaky) dodge and/or offense up buff on the whole team and yoda can steal it lol hope I'm wrong though
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I also dunno if this was a freak one-off or the person I was attacking was cheating.. I need to find the very same person I was attacking
    How exactly would someone cheat when their team was defending?
    When I read something like this it makes it very hard to lend credibility to that user's other statements.

• Gungi
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    yeah it happens to me, too
    i usually top 20, but this few days, i could barely defend top 50

just now i am fighting daka, 9 out of 10 attacks stun 1 unit, and 3 times stun 2 unit.
    2 of my opponent unit revive when killed, then daka revive 2 when she heals
    it's sooo crazy

on other occasion:
    in 5 battles my dooku lightning luminara, no stun whatsoever
    and also it's so strange Kylo hit my team with his special moves 5 times in a row, even when none of my team hit him at all. how can he refreshes his abilities if none of my unit hit him!!!

it's definitely CG buff pvp team.
    "A Wookiee! Rare you are to the Jedi. Proud, your people must be."
  • Guinness wrote: »
    I've noticed yoda granting my team dodge up buff even though he didn't steal it in the previous turn. Maybe the AI has a hidden (sneaky) dodge and/or offense up buff on the whole team and yoda can steal it lol hope I'm wrong though

Some screen caps or video of this would be awesome. I'd love to know if I'm going crazy or something is going on.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Remorhaz wrote: »
    Guinness wrote: »
    I've noticed yoda granting my team dodge up buff even though he didn't steal it in the previous turn. Maybe the AI has a hidden (sneaky) dodge and/or offense up buff on the whole team and yoda can steal it lol hope I'm wrong though

Some screen caps or video of this would be awesome. I'd love to know if I'm going crazy or something is going on.

I'm not sure if he is talking about evasion up or foresight tbh... if it's the latter that's no surprise as Yoda can gain it himself just by hitting people with his basic.. Given the common frequency of encountering a Luminara in the Arena.. it appearing out of nowhere doesn't seem that odd when you think about... but it does make is sound like the client and server are not talking to each other correctly... one thinking one thing and then another thinking something else, yet later they sync up and correct each other is what I think is happening. However I'm not an computer engineer/programmer so I dunno

• I think what's happening in arena is caused by changes made to how speed works. I'd love to elaborate on this but I'm still trying to figure out the change myself.