Updates and Announcements

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited August 2017
I presume the intent of having updates and announcements is NOT to keep them well hidden and difficult to find. Yet, with the recent changes to the forums, that is precisely what is happening.

Take the update and announcement by Kozi posted yesterday, as an example.

First off, there was no duplicate "Mega thread" started in the General Discussion forum - as has been the practice for months. Now, if the intention is to get people to actually check the Announcement and Update forums, that's acceptable (although, at least mentioning that somewhere would have been nice).

Secondly, the "post count" numbers in the developer announcements and update section haven't changed numbers when new developer post or announcements are added. This also makes it impossible to know when an update or announcement has actually been posted - at least without having to hunt for one - which kind of seems contrary to the idea of an "announcement".

As I said, as I presume the idea of having Updates and Announcements is to get people to read them and make them easily accessible please make it more obvious and clear when such an update or announcement is actually posted.

ETA: I figured out why the post count didn't change. Kozi simply updated/changed a previous announcement instead of posting a new one. Perhaps posting a new thread instead of updating an old one would help in this regard.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies