Past legendary events

They were a challenge and I liked them. I wish I could still do them.

Replies

• Options
    Same dude my favourite was the emperors demise would be good to play the tiers agains maybe get some gear or credits maybe even gems or a possible zeta.
  • Options
    Same dude my favourite was the emperors demise would be good to play the tiers agains maybe get some gear or credits maybe even gems or a possible zeta.

Agree x 100000000
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum
  • Options
    It wouldn't take much.

You've already completed the event, so they know you can do it.

So reset the Health stats of the opponents at each tier, but don't reset anything else about them. Tier 1 has health = former Tier 5. Tier 2 has health = former Tier 6. Tier 3 Health = former Tier 7.

Then for Tiers 4 - 7, you just use the new Tier 3 health as baseline & add a cumulative +10% for each tier.

If you want to do a legendary event for a 3rd time, Tier3 is +10% over baseline, Tier 4 is +20% over that baseline instead of +10%, Tier 5 is +30% instead of +20%, etc.

the 4th time through you get yet another +10% baseline health for each enemy. You only do the challenges once every 2 months, so this increase in Health rating doesn't get too out of control.

As for rewards? Gear is what everybody needs. The first REPEAT play-through you get a completed piece of gear from gear Tier 1 for event Tier 1, etc. up to a completed piece of Tier7 gear for finishing the final tier of the event. but the next time it comes back, all the gear tiers increase by one, so the second time you repeat it, you get a completed Tier 8 gear (which could be a piece of raid gear, since they first show up at Tier 8). The third time you repeat it, your highest reward is Tier9 gear and you get Tier8 gear for completing Tier6 of the event, Tier7 gear for completing Tier5 of the event, etc.

This wouldn't get out of hand because the events don't repeat that often. There can also be a maximum of event tier 7 rewards gear tier 11. If you fail to finish, the legendary event comes back just where you left it and you are still trying to complete the same "repeat" - neither enemy health nor rewards will have increased merely because time passed. It only does that when you finish the even in full.

This is more about having more content than about getting loads of bonuses but obviously it's of great help to get one piece of Tier 11 gear per month from either the Yoda or Palp events, assuming you get that far.

The one bad part about this idea is that the rewards for completing the event on the first and 2nd repeats might seem a bit minor for a legendary event (even a repeat of a legendary event).

I think the answer to that is to give out a Mk5 Gold Mod for completion of Tier 7 every time. For the first and second repeat run-throughs, you're likely to care more about the Mod than about the Tier7/Tier8 gear. but the real reward is that on your 3rd and later repeats you start getting really good gear, and the mod ultimately becomes a minor side benefit.

What do you think?