Silly me...that's what get for improving roster

I've been crushing GW lately (finally)
Sitting at 141/150 achievement

Then I went bananas, zetad a few, 7*, 85, maxxed mods...then boom...

GW node 11 today:
GK lead
zBarris
zDN
Chirrut
Baze

I hadn't lost a single character until this node, then I lost all of my top teams...

*Sigh*

What have I done...

Replies

• Try again tomorrow. My hard node is now 11. If I get through that then 12 is laughably easy.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I've been crushing GW lately (finally)
    Sitting at 141/150 achievement

Then I went bananas, zetad a few, 7*, 85, maxxed mods...then boom...

GW node 11 today:
    GK lead
    zBarris
    zDN
    Chirrut
    Baze

I hadn't lost a single character until this node, then I lost all of my top teams...

*Sigh*

What have I done...

That’s the team I run in arena.

Just start working on the rest of your roster to help clear gw and you'll be okay.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub.

You can't get comfortable.

I clear GW regularly and I can't remember the last time I had an issue. I still tm load my top 3 teams and afew other random toons that might be some help.
  • Thanks guys!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Maybe Zeta'd the wrong toons? By wrong I mean not Resistance muwhahah
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    But really, I face those squads on the daily. Resistance either rips through them; or I retreat, retry and rip through them.
  • But look at the bright side! Now you are doing much better in arena, right?
  • But look at the bright side! Now you are doing much better in arena, right?

Yes, do true!
    I actually ended up beating that node and the last :)
  • Gw suggestion. Do not allow in event reward characters on opposing teams until a little more available for general masses. This ends up frustrating a lot of folks. I've been at it a while and can usually finish (though harder with recent power level revamp- it takes a lot longer). My wife on the other hand has a smaller team and putting her against Thrawn or Gen Kenobi is just holding her down, and making it harder for her to advance. Taking all the fun out of it if everyone has to have 2-3 of the same teams to get anywhere.
  • Telle
    16 posts Member
    Yeah, I feel you.

That's how it was with me. I had a droid team that couldn't break through top 200 in squad arena, but I could clear GW every single day.

I leveled up a First Order team that can get up to top 50 in squad arena...I finish GW once a month now. Sometimes I can't get past node 9.

It's annoying but devs don't listen.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    The devs listen. You just prioritized Arena over GW. That's a choice. There are ways to make GW easier again, though, if you choose.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I have consistently prioritized GW over Arena.

It's not because of rewards, exactly. GW gives me 15 shards/day and Arena gives me either 10/day or an average of 8.75/day (700 tokens/day). If I worked on one Arena team, I could get 15/day in arena, but almost certainly my GW success would fall.

There are reasons to prioritize Arena, I'm sure. Not least that you might have gobbled up all the GW toons you need. But if you want to play in the top 25-30 in Arena, and you want to be able to grab those top5 rewards at least sometimes, then you have to worry about exactly when you play, you have to worry about what other people are doing (sniping) etc. With GW, I'm in control every time, and can even put off one day's GW to the next if I have to and remember to make absolutely sure to finish it the next day.

For me, it's not better rewards by prioritizing GW. It's the same rewards with fewer headaches.

But I still get to have a lot of fun, and I can still better my roster. I set a hard limit on squad power for the first 6 nodes. As toons get too powerful to fit into a low-power squad, that toon gets benched for the first 6 nodes. As new toons get better, they get merged into the lineup to fill the vacated spaces. If I absolutely have to on node 6 when I get an unusually tough opponent, I'll run a squad of 4 more powerful toons instead of 5 of my lower-power toons.

The Power of squads you put in after node6 does not appear to affect gw difficulty. My difficulty has stayed fairly stable (why it has increased at all I'm not able to explain, but it has increased a bit) while my roster gets deeper and better. Some of my good-but-not-amazing toons get their TM pre-loaded during nodes 1-6. Then I prioritize loading certain toons during nodes 7 & 8 after squad power stops increasing difficulty. Then 9 I put in one of my best squads, node 10 I make sure that squads healing & cool downs are taken care of, then 11 I put in the very best squad I can field against that opponent. Sometimes I have to retreat a couple times and try something new. Very occasionally, usually not more than once a week and often less, I'll have to put in a squad designed to sacrifice itself on node 11. When I do, my sacrifice squad almost always wins, though they never win without losing a couple toons.

Then node 12 doesn't matter. Even if it's an amazingly tough team, I've got multiple, great teams to play against them. I just put in any team I want to play, and if I don't think I can win without losing a toon, then first I take out whatever toon is the key to that opposing squad. Usually that's the leader (Zaul, maybe), and then play whatever strategy amuses me. Even if I lose, without at least one key toon, then any good squad of mine can finish up.

The only anxiety I ever feel is on node 11 if I get a really tough squad, since I don't know what toons are best to sacrifice since I don't know which toons I'll need on node 12. Still, there's not much to worry about.

compare that to Arena with no retreats, only 5 attempts, fear about sniping???

no, I'll take a nice, power-limited GW any day.