My pledge to SWGOH community on the Luke Event

JinSaotome
682 posts Member
edited August 2017
My faith in EA/CG

A lot of people have been screenshotting my thread yesterday where I said the devs won't require you to have specific toons to unlock Commander Luke, especially the part where I said I'd leave the game if it happened. I'm here to revise that in order to avoid the appearance of baiting, trolling, or grandstanding. I apologise if it looked like a rage-quit thread. That hurts EA/CG and doesn't do anything for the players here. So here's my official pledge that will help both players and the game in the event my faith is misplaced:

If the devs announce something similar to "You'll need Lando, Jawa, Leia, R2D2, and St Han and can ONLY use those characters in this event" then..

I promise to set only a single Ugnaut as my Arena team for two months. I will set a single 3 star Gauntlet Starfighter as my fleet team for two months. I will leave my guild so that someone can take my place and receive my gear exchanges and raid rewards.

I have faith in CG_kozispoon and the rest of the devs. I'm certain they'll say you can use a certain FACTION like rebels and jawas, or just ewoks. Heck, Luke+ faction(s) whatever (seeing the event is about him) is acceptable. But if for any reason Commander Luke is locked behind a set of specific named characters and not a faction I will keep my promise. No other event in-game has EVER required named characters. You have ALWAYS been able to use any characters from a certain faction. People are fearmongering over this, causing people to blown their gear and crystals needlessly on rumor and superstition. That doesn't help the game or the players.

To change how events worked now would be preying on people's love of Star Wars and Luke's character for money. The devs would have to offer up Lando and Leia packs for certain people to even have a chance. Or some sort of 5-character bundle of toons many of the player base already have just to get the one they didn't. I believe CG/EA simply won't do that. It would be far too easy/unethical for them to scan the game data and pick a team of least unlocked characters from the entire playerbase.

Understand, I love this game. I've played since the release. I'm holding tight for a separatist and Droid rework. I'm even buying the booster pack now to snag extra cantina refreshes, got a full 7* Phoenix team which I'm excited to play with! So it would set me back skipping out on Arena/fleet/guild rewards. But I'll hold true to my word and my promise.

EA/CG, devs, I have faith that you'll make an amazing Commander Luke event and won't let me down! I really don't want to climb the arena ladder again from the bottom. I'm counting on you all!!
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• I'm going to LMAO if they release A New Hope faction with Luke, both Hans, Leia, Wiggs, Old Ben & R2 (and maybe a reworked Chewy into Rebel or release a rebel Chewy) or an Empire Strikes Back faction with Luke, both Hans, Leia, R2, Wedge, Lando, Ugnaught & Lobot (again with the possible chewy)

Neither faction will have the darkside OT toons.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I dont think your exact idea of having 5 specific will be correct, who knows what we will need and what the event will be like, but even if it was:

luke should be tough to get. he should be the toughest to get so far, a reward for consistent play and preparedness. and if you havent done that then you have to spend or wait your turn. He is a special character and so should be special quality, and especially difficult to obtain. its luke, we have waited so long, it cant be a cakewalk. I am F2P and i will be long ready for any character you could possibly consider his friend, and i have not focussed on rebels in any way shape or form. mostly ignored and hated them. He must be reasonably gated, so he can be that good

and its not even that hard to get shards, gear is a tougher resource. han you will max with consistent play, R2 you can get easily, it just takes time, and if you havent spent that time already, you wont be ready now, wait your turn. play the game for a few months, get the right characters and even if you cant do it straight away it takes . Also, apart from anything else, where is my reward for loyal play since almost launch? I have built to be prepared for these things, i have all these characters at 7*, AND have waited for like 2 YEARS to have a proper version of luke, and what someone who has been playing a few months,and waiting a few months, can get as many luke shards as me? You might not be happy about this but you bet your kitten i would not be happy about that so you cant please everyone. I would be prepared for much higher requirements than what were talking about here because i play loyally and more than others to play further into the game. Not that this will be it but requiring Han, R2, luke, obi1 and leia would not even be that bad.

Also, honestly, what they said about luke and his friends/journey ages ago really pointed to this type of thing happening. So i dont know why you are so surprised we might need specific characters, there arent that many characters in game you can consider his friends, so all of them should have been on alert to you. His best friends, obi1, han, leia, r2, and farmboy luke himself, make up 5. We dont know for sure what will happen/structure/how many shards we can get/how recurring event is, etc. but those guys at least should have been on your radar if you want to pay attention.

If you dont want to pay attention and play long term, and you dont want to pay, you dont get luke.

nevertheless i am guessing we will be hearing tonight if the update goes out. I think R2 will be required, or at least usable in the event (this is why hes coming back so soon) to get luke, and they wouldn't do that without giving us the whole time of the event to know we need R2 for luke, so they will have to let us know now

Lastly, the thing about you promising to quit if it happens is that no offence but i dont think anyone really cares, sorry man, what is the point in shooting yourself in the foot over something which should and probably will be sufficiently gated. Dont quit the game (not that i care) you just look so dumb. If you had this sissy fit and then just cut your nose to spite your face when in reality no one really cares if you quit or not except you who can't play any more, its just too kitten. Dont quit as a promise to everyone else because i doubt anyone gives kitten, quit if you dont want to play for a valid reason> Just quit playing the game if you wanna quit playing the game... now you're just kinda like a tragic boxer who clowns and then gets KOd, or a kitten getting convinced to punch himself in the face for lols
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I agree with you about Luke "here's luke shards here is login Luke...oh but you will need old Ben chewie St han, r2 ...syke
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Theyve said thatb they want to do something different. Specific toons instead of a faction is different. I think itll be specific ones but more than 5 so you'll at least have options.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    As long as its not Old Ben I'm good. I have yet to unlock him.
  • Who are interested in these promises? Wait and see.
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • Why give anything up due to your theory? Everyone and their mother has been speculating on this event. Just keep playing as usual. Move along. Nothing to see here.
  • I don't have old Ben unlocked either but trying to 7 snow trooper for r2. I could have unlocked old Ben but without even a double drop on him as a clearer sign not worth it. But if he is required I will know next time instead of just farming on guesses
  • Someone didn't farm Lando and Old Ben it sounds like. And now they are threatening the devs that they'll leave the game if the devs don't do what said gamer demands. The devs have made it clear... Luke's event will be like no event before. See ya in 2 months.
  • How could you not farm Lando he is awesome.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Edited
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    I dont think your exact idea of having 5 specific will be correct, who knows what we will need and what the event will be like, but even if it was:

luke should be tough to get. he should be the toughest to get so far, a reward for consistent play and preparedness. and if you havent done that then you have to spend or wait your turn. He is a special character and so should be special quality, and especially difficult to obtain. its luke, we have waited so long, it cant be a cakewalk. I am F2P and i will be long ready for any character you could possibly consider his friend, and i have not focussed on rebels in any way shape or form. mostly ignored and hated them. He must be reasonably gated, so he can be that good

and its not even that hard to get shards, gear is a tougher resource. han you will max with consistent play, R2 you can get easily, it just takes time, and if you havent spent that time already, you wont be ready now, wait your turn. play the game for a few months, get the right characters and even if you cant do it straight away it takes . Also, apart from anything else, where is my reward for loyal play since almost launch? I have built to be prepared for these things, i have all these characters at 7*, AND have waited for like 2 YEARS to have a proper version of luke, and what someone who has been playing a few months,and waiting a few months, can get as many luke shards as me? You might not be happy about this but you bet your **** i would not be happy about that so you cant please everyone. I would be prepared for much higher requirements than what were talking about here because i play loyally and more than others to play further into the game. Not that this will be it but requiring Han, R2, luke, obi1 and leia would not even be that bad.

Also, honestly, what they said about luke and his friends/journey ages ago really pointed to this type of thing happening. So i dont know why you are so surprised we might need specific characters, there arent that many characters in game you can consider his friends, so all of them should have been on alert to you. His best friends, obi1, han, leia, r2, and farmboy luke himself, make up 5. We dont know for sure what will happen/structure/how many shards we can get/how recurring event is, etc. but those guys at least should have been on your radar if you want to pay attention.

If you dont want to pay attention and play long term, and you dont want to pay, you dont get luke.

nevertheless i am guessing we will be hearing tonight if the update goes out. I think R2 will be required, or at least usable in the event (this is why hes coming back so soon) to get luke, and they wouldn't do that without giving us the whole time of the event to know we need R2 for luke, so they will have to let us know now

Lastly, the thing about you promising to quit if it happens is that no offence but i dont think anyone really cares, sorry man, what is the point in shooting yourself in the foot over something which should and probably will be sufficiently gated. Dont quit the game (not that i care) you just look so dumb. If you had this sissy fit and then just cut your nose to spite your face when in reality no one really cares if you quit or not except you who can't play any more, its just too ****. Dont quit as a promise to everyone else because i doubt anyone gives a left nut, quit if you dont want to play for a valid reason> Just quit playing the game if you wanna quit playing the game... now you're just kinda like a tragic boxer who clowns and then gets KOd, or a **** getting convinced to punch himself in the face for lols
    gatormatt wrote: »
    Someone didn't farm Lando and Old Ben it sounds like. And now they are threatening the devs that they'll leave the game if the devs don't do what said gamer demands. The devs have made it clear... Luke's event will be like no event before. See ya in 2 months.
    TL;DR Farm old Ben

These are bait replies. Recognize the posters of these lead you toward specific goals: farm/level/gear characters based on their own speculation. This accomplishes their main goal, to drain your resources and keep you at a lower level than they are. The key to this game and I mean the ABSOLUTE ONE RULE you should follow is conserve your resources and only spend them when needed! You do not equip every character with a stun gun who has a gear slot open. You do not level everyone to 85 the moment you have spare credits. This spreads your resources so thin you'll always be at the bottom.

This is exactly what people like that ones who name-call and mock others openly in the forums want. They want you to be frustrated, your rosters full of weak toons like Mob Enforcer and Greedo levelled to gear X even tho you never use them in anything. Fearmongering before an event is a key point for people who want you to waste resources. Notice how I never mentioned Old Ben yet multiple people bring him up, dead set on convincing you that you'll need him or miss out entirely? You won't need him. But they'd love to see you blow every crystal you have in a mad cantina rush to unlock him. Less saving for unlocking good characters that could see your arena rank improve.

Please don't fall for farming or levelling unnessary toons. Save your crystals, save your credits. When the devs release what's needed you'll have enough saved up to work with rather than gnashing your teeth that you unlocked and starred up a bunch of people you didn't even need.

• Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    See update
  • Lol oh well needed lots of old tunes I did not have
  • Hope you enjoy Ugnaught.
  • ok then bye
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Byyyyyyeeeee
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1704 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Cardiff0 wrote: »

and its not even that hard to get shards, gear is a tougher resource. han you will max with consistent play, R2 you can get easily, it just takes time, and if you havent spent that time already, you wont be ready now, wait your turn. play the game for a few months, get the right characters and even if you cant do it straight away it takes . Also, apart from anything else, where is my reward for loyal play since almost launch? I have built to be prepared for these things, i have all these characters at 7*, AND have waited for like 2 YEARS to have a proper version of luke, and what someone who has been playing a few months,and waiting a few months, can get as many luke shards as me? You might not be happy about this but you bet your **** i would not be happy about that so you cant please everyone. I would be prepared for much higher requirements than what were talking about here because i play loyally and more than others to play further into the game. Not that this will be it but requiring Han, R2, luke, obi1 and leia would not even be that bad.

Lastly, the thing about you promising to quit if it happens is that no offence but i dont think anyone really cares, sorry man, what is the point in shooting yourself in the foot over something which should and probably will be sufficiently gated. Dont quit the game (not that i care) you just look so dumb. If you had this sissy fit and then just cut your nose to spite your face when in reality no one really cares if you quit or not except you who can't play any more, its just too ****. Dont quit as a promise to everyone else because i doubt anyone gives a left nut, quit if you dont want to play for a valid reason> Just quit playing the game if you wanna quit playing the game... now you're just kinda like a tragic boxer who clowns and then gets KOd, or a **** getting convinced to punch himself in the face for lols
    gatormatt wrote: »
    Someone didn't farm Lando and Old Ben it sounds like. And now they are threatening the devs that they'll leave the game if the devs don't do what said gamer demands. The devs have made it clear... Luke's event will be like no event before. See ya in 2 months.
    TL;DR Farm old Ben

These are bait replies. Recognize the posters of these lead you toward specific goals: farm/level/gear characters based on their own speculation. This accomplishes their main goal, to drain your resources and keep you at a lower level than they are. The key to this game and I mean the ABSOLUTE ONE RULE you should follow is conserve your resources and only spend them when needed! You do not equip every character with a stun gun who has a gear slot open. You do not level everyone to 85 the moment you have spare credits. This spreads your resources so thin you'll always be at the bottom.

This is exactly what people like that ones who name-call and mock others openly in the forums want. They want you to be frustrated, your rosters full of weak toons like Mob Enforcer and Greedo levelled to gear X even tho you never use them in anything. Fearmongering before an event is a key point for people who want you to waste resources. Notice how I never mentioned Old Ben yet multiple people bring him up, dead set on convincing you that you'll need him or miss out entirely? You won't need him. But they'd love to see you blow every crystal you have in a mad cantina rush to unlock him. Less saving for unlocking good characters that could see your arena rank improve.

Please don't fall for farming or levelling unnessary toons. Save your crystals, save your credits. When the devs release what's needed you'll have enough saved up to work with rather than gnashing your teeth that you unlocked and starred up a bunch of people you didn't even need.

@JinSaotome hey, I hope you're right. I DON'T want to farm old Ben. He's not even unlocked. Plus I need better mods and farming OB will eat into that.

• Hah, looks like you got called out on it.

Although I'm saddened you won't quit.

Still, a win is a win.
  • Bye Felicia
  • Gg
  • Update notes are out detailing the requirements for unlocking the new character: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/124174/content-update-hotfix-8-2-2017#latest

As such, speculation is no longer necessary/productive. Feedback regarding these notes should be made in the megathread.

Closing.
This discussion has been closed.