[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Ikey
    48 posts Member
    @Widget_gadget you're not alone there buddy. I didn't like the idea of farming a toon, that's best quality came after he died?! Lol
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    They are changing arena refresh!
  • commander luke going to hard to get for nonwhales..... you need 7* of old ben, leia, luke, r2d2 and st hans and gear lvl 11
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    All of them.
  • Wait we still dont know how much time
    lets just get r2 first and then be glad about that
    And then make the call whether to go for it or not
    I played it safe with phoenix to my regret
    Lets go for it!
    If we fail who cares i bet there will be rewards along the way
    F2p forever
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    All of them. While I love everything Star Wars, I'm an old school fan from the moment I saw it in '77. I've been frustrated that the characters from the original movies never got much action in the game.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

Some ways that don't require $$ to get? :)

The Heroes Journey is the first event in the history of the game with requirements of this caliber. While we understand these are some hefty requirements, remember this is just a Hotfix update! :) For more information on what Hotfix updates mean, give our Game Update Changes post a look <<HERE>> a click.

Our following Content update is coming soon and will shed more light on the various methods we're implementing to help Players along to make this journey a good one.

Kozi, could you please say if the hero journey event is coming back in the future? Or is you get Luke now or never?
  • "To unlock Commander Skywalker, players will require the following Characters at seven stars:
    Old Ben Kenobi
    Princess Leia
    Stormtrooper Han
    Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
    R2-D2"

****. It would be better to have a bit of flexibility. Have a pool of 6 or 7 characters and require 5 of them.
  • As a day 1 player who made good (lucky) choices and never needed Leia, luke or old ben, I am screwed with 45/80 on old ben and a 5 star luke and Leia. Well played.
  • yodacao wrote: »
    commander luke going to hard to get for nonwhales..... you need 7* of old ben, leia, luke, r2d2 and st hans and gear lvl 11

I have all of them level up. Yes I am ready!

• Han solo should also get a proper rework
  • So glad the requirements exclude newer players. After 2 months of game play do I have any of that unlocked? At least make it like the Ewok unlocks where eberyone has a fighting chance to earn a 3 star Luke. So glad I downloaded this App.

But there are people who have waited 1.5 years for this moment... surely their wait needs to be rewarded
  • All of the reworks make me excited, but han solo is a pain to gear
  • Xyrex wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

Some ways that don't require $$ to get? :)

The Heroes Journey is the first event in the history of the game with requirements of this caliber. While we understand these are some hefty requirements, remember this is just a Hotfix update! :) For more information on what Hotfix updates mean, give our Game Update Changes post a look <<HERE>> a click.

Our following Content update is coming soon and will shed more light on the various methods we're implementing to help Players along to make this journey a good one.

Kozi, could you please say if the hero journey event is coming back in the future? Or is you get Luke now or never?

Why would it never come back? That would limit their profits. Of course it's coming back.
  • Rex, CL, DN, GAT, GK no doubt
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • When is his event hitting? I have an outside shot to do it. Had leia and st han at 7 ages ago, got luke at nearly 6 and old ben at half way to 6 as well, r2 i will have at 7 in one day. If its later in the month ive got a chance.
  • Frankvvvvv wrote: »
    Really annoyed!!! Wasted a whole month on WORTHLESS EWOKS that u cant farm #5! Only to get hit with need these 5 toons @7* to unlock Cmdr Luke. Thats ****!! Also is current Luke Skywalker = Farmboy luke? If so change the name OR make it clear its 2 toons.

What other luke skywalker is there in game?
  • Old Ben isn't the problem. He's easily farmable in cantina. STH is a toon most have farmed. Farmboy Luke was a given. R2 is now available again. The tough character for me is Leia. She's only available in Arena store. If there aren't ways to farm or buy her shards, I'm sunk. I have her at 5*, no way I can get to 7* this month just through arena. My fault for not predicting and prioritizing her. Doh!
  • SWrocks
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's a bunch of kittens. It will take for ever to get commander Luke for those who don't want to pay to get all this extra characters to seven stars
    Post edited by RJ__Brando on
  • Cardiff0 wrote: »
    they have tried to be nice by omitting han solo. i am f2p and even with han would have been ready for this a year ago probly more (if r2 existed). where is my reward and end game content for playing all that time? and for waiting for 2 YEARS for luke? sorry but you havent been playing hard enough to get luke right now, keep playing and you will soon. easily, now you know what is needed. If you dont have money this game takes time, end of. as for not knowing what you needed, first of all you have to play long enough to be prepared for anything, and second of all they told you luke skywalker and friends, take the hint, he doesnt have that many friends in this game and it is clear who his best ones are.

The problem is saying you needed Luke for it
    Then needing 4 more characters in reality.
    I have never had a problem with sudden new characters and new events by surprise.
    Those are fine, awesome in fact. Loved Thrawn and Phoenix being added, no hate. New content and new goals, new stuff to farm.

Don't tell me I need A, B and C for an event, then tell me right before that I also needed D, E and F.
    How hard is that to understand?
  • yodacao wrote: »
    commander luke going to hard to get for nonwhales..... you need 7* of old ben, leia, luke, r2d2 and st hans and gear lvl 11

Who said anything about g11?
  • How did y'all not see this coming? It was kinda obvious, I have my old ben 7* from dodge meta, Leia, STHan, Luke, and R2 7*(Soon after R2 event). Be happy the event is coming soon, the sooner it comes the sooner it comes back :blush:
  • I'm an old timer( since Dec 15) with 97 7* toons and last month I had only 2 toon not unlocked.. yup one was old Ben lol.

I took the hint a few weeks back and started to farm him (22/65 now) but I get the feeling the required toons may get out into shard shop, with r2 being the exception
  • 5/80 for old ben
  • Are you joking? This is worse than Thrawn.

I really don't get what you are upset about. We have known the requirements to get R2 for months now. Yeah, a warning is nice but have you really not invested in an empire squad since you missed out on R2 last time? How is this unfair? Far as I see it you knew well in advance that if you want to own R2 you need to have an empire squad.
  • How did y'all not see this coming? It was kinda obvious, I have my old ben 7* from dodge meta, Leia, STHan, Luke, and R2 7*(Soon after R2 event). Be happy the event is coming soon, the sooner it comes the sooner it comes back :blush:

It's not a question of 'seeing it coming'.
    It's a question of trusting the communication the developer puts out there and not having to expect setback surprises. I would like to trust the communication a dev puts out there as being full, detailed and honest.
    They were very clear about saying you needed Luke, even gave everybody a boost.
    And completely omitted that anyone else would be needed.
  • BSwoody87 wrote: »
    Centermass wrote: »
    So maybe can we see old Ben shards in one of the shops.. with better frequency than Jyn and Sabine shards? Seems like a very limited population will be unlocking Commander Luke

I think that was their goal. Reward the whales.

Old timers who are F2P and waiting since day 1 to get lightsaber luke should also be rewarded. Back in summer 2016 Old Ben, Leia, and STH were the meta toons and a lot of people playing back then farmed him.
  • Same. Usually we get a 20 notice ( like on yoda ). So if you are a new player and don't have a 7* emp team you are well and royally screwed. Watch new Luke be th new meta for arena so will get screwed there as well. Not happy
  • Just to be clear, it's Stormtrooper Han and not Han Solo you need? Reason I ask is because the demo is with the required squad but with Han Solo instead....
  • What? plz elaborate