[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Hmmm so they still haven't bothered doing anything with chewbacca then? He should be involved in this event.
  • As a newish player I am incredibly disappointed at the way you have to unlock commander luke. I mean seriously, why do you need to have all these characters unlocked to make one of the worst characters in the game actually decent. These restrictions are so rough on anyone who isn't a whale or happens to have all of these characters at 7 already. I think the funniest thing about this is that there should be a ton of outrage but people will just accept it.
  • Old Ben isn't the problem. He's easily farmable in cantina. STH is a toon most have farmed. Farmboy Luke was a given. R2 is now available again. The tough character for me is Leia. She's only available in Arena store. If there aren't ways to farm or buy her shards, I'm sunk. I have her at 5*, no way I can get to 7* this month just through arena. My fault for not predicting and prioritizing her. Doh!

You should be OK on Leia if you finish top 200 in arena. That's 10 shards a day, and you need 185. They also indicated there would be assistance,. possibly in the flash events.

• phinfan309 wrote: »
    Is it better to use 2F or 6B to get Old Ben shards?

2F if you're in a hurry ... so start hitting 2F!
  • 3slink wrote: »
    Han solo should also get a proper rework

lol read the update.

They added some stuff (updated abilities) but an in depth rework would've been much better
  • Should be able to get luke, all i miss is farmboy and crouchingrancor suggest it should take me less than 10 days. however, this is wrong. putting an event with 5 toons only, is only for whales/longtimers.
    i hope the flash event will give some shards, and i hope there will be double-drops. also, putting a 6 guys would be better - add raid han is a simple solution. you choose 5 from Obi, Leia, STHan, Han Solo, R2D2, Luke Skywalker.
    i know, he's legendary, he should be strong, he should be rare, but he's also a fan favorite, and people won't be able to get him will make them unhappy about it.
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Ultra wrote: »
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Just to be clear, it's Stormtrooper Han and not Han Solo you need? Reason I ask is because the demo is with the required squad but with Han Solo instead....
    You can tell that they wish they could make the requirement 7* Raid Han but the getting a 7* Raid Han is just too much to ask for. People who don't have him won't be able to obtain him in time due to obvious reasons. He's a slow grind toon. Would've been cool if they planned a rework for him too.

They are doing a rework for raid han also unless im misunderstanding it.

"We will also be doing reworks soon for Old Ben Kenobi, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) also arriving next week. Han Solo's ability kit has been updated as an added bonus! "
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Commander Luke can stun, speed down, remove TM, gain TM for team, Dispel debuffs, recover health, protection, has increased % Potency, CC, CD, Accuracy, Counter Chance, Defense, Offense, Tenacity, Crit Avoidance. Might as well give him an Annihilate skill to make him the complete package.

OMG LOL this is nuts. On paper anyway.
  • Except for R2 - these are original launch characters. Leia, Old Ben, Han have all been meta at one point. Farmboy Luke is the only one that wasn't and we had a heads up on him.

If you haven't been playing very long - come on man!...That's part of the breaks when playing a farm-type game, there's only certain amount of resources and only time / cash make up that gap.

Big picture here - MANY will have Luke as an incredible amount of players do have all those OLD characters at 7* already - this is a FREE handout CLS - insanely generous.

Newer players - sorry - you have to put in your dues somewhere. This can't be seen as anything but a goodwill gesture to the playerbase as a whole.
  • You guys are soooo funny :D
    Old Ben used to be meta together with Dooku meta
    Most of the people should have him
    Now for those who are more new to the game.....well....Its not Cg fault you guys dont have him, is pretty easy to get tbh......8 energy in cantina....6 sims can get you 3 shards
    In a matter of 2 weeks should be 7* if you do a minimum of 3 refreshes on cantina per day
    Stop complaining.....you cant get anything on plate
  • Except for R2 - these are original launch characters. Leia, Old Ben, Han have all been meta at one point. Farmboy Luke is the only one that wasn't and we had a heads up on him.

If you haven't been playing very long - come on man!...That's part of the breaks when playing a farm-type game, there's only certain amount of resources and only time / cash make up that gap.

Big picture here - MANY will have Luke as an incredible amount of players do have all those OLD characters at 7* already - this is a FREE handout CLS - insanely generous.

Newer players - sorry - you have to put in your dues somewhere. This can't be seen as anything but a goodwill gesture to the playerbase as a whole.

+1 bro
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    So I started playing within a month of the game being released and have been able to get a collection score of over 85% with over 80 7* characters and only have one left to be unlocked. Guess who that is? Old Ben. Grr. I had 8 shards at the beginning of the week and now have 40. Hopefully I have enough time to get the other 290 and his gear. Give me a date for this event!
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Except for R2 - these are original launch characters. Leia, Old Ben, Han have all been meta at one point. Farmboy Luke is the only one that wasn't and we had a heads up on him.

Unless you are a launch player who was adamantly against the dodge meta and didn't farm OB then or since out of spite, so I hardly call an event requiring a disease-ridden plague scum of a toon to be a free handout.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

AKA spend money on packs that give you between 5 and 330 shards. Which means your only going to get 5 so no help the f2p base anyway.
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    You guys are soooo funny :D
    Old Ben used to be meta together with Dooku meta
    Most of the people should have him
    Now for those who are more new to the game.....well....Its not Cg fault you guys dont have him, is pretty easy to get tbh......8 energy in cantina....6 sims can get you 3 shards
    In a matter of 2 weeks should be 7* if you do a minimum of 3 refreshes on cantina per day
    Stop complaining.....you cant get anything on plate

Whale....
  • Personally I think they should replace the St Han requirement with Han Solo ("Raid Han"). That would make it abundantly clear that this character is a long-term goal and no, you won't get him if you've only been playing for three months.
  • Nerf Luke!
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    At least people who don't have Old Ben could farm him, maybe double drops and things like that. But in my case I need Leia (2 star) and STHan (5 star), two of them from arena store. So I have now 4000 tokens from arena store saved, and I have not a chance to get the toon.

Really love this game, some kind of new player, only since April. I also put some money in it, not a whale but 100-150 euros monthly. Now I really think in quiting. Lack of comunication of things like this, a new toon that will be amazing and the requirements are just insane.

If is a one time event and don't come back in the future I will quit for sure. Really sad with this, no way new players can enjoy the game if new amazing toons are released and we have no options to get it.
  • Tifer wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

Without dropping big money?

Nope
  • SWrocks wrote: »
    Any chance they change the requirements to unlock commander Luke?

Umm..no
  • The thing is new players are in new shards and relatively few will actually unlock him so even without him this time around you can still progress smoothly. No matter when you start there is always an insainly good character or team that you'll have to work hard to get. This is no different that other times.
  • When do you think the Hero Journey begins? It's listed between August 6-12 in the notes section:

Omega Battle: Coruscant
    Starts: Aug 6th
    Ends: Aug 6th
    Notes: Requires Ewoks, Empire
    Hero's Journey
    Starts: [Redacted]
    Ends: [Redacted]
    Notes: [Redacted]
    Assault Battles: Ground War
    Starts: Aug 12th
    Ends: Aug 13th
    Notes: Requires Ewoks, Resistance Units

But does that mean it will actually be next week?

Also, would they end this event before August is over, if they have a month of Luke login shards? I've already got a 7* Luke, just curious.
  • everyone 7* is one thing, but the biggest question is: what gear lvl do they need? If they need gear lvl 10+ I'm screwed, but I wouldn't be surpised
  • Really wish that Raid Han could be used in place of ST Han...
  • Disappointed to probably be unable to participate as a player from the beginning. Got the missing Old Ben too. I think it's a legitimate complaint to not have more character options than an exact squad of five. Even if I tried to farm him from the day this new Luke was mentioned no way I'd be done. If the idea is to reward long-time players by requiring these 7* toons, then raid Han Solo is a goid option to make available as an alternative. A newly-tagged Chewie makes sense as well.
  • Personally I think they should replace the St Han requirement with Han Solo ("Raid Han"). That would make it abundantly clear that this character is a long-term goal and no, you won't get him if you've only been playing for three months.

In fact, ALL of their example gifs on the character strategy page show "Raid" Han instead of Stormtrooper Han. I bet they debated this for a long time.
    7cijc3wznv2n.gif
  • TheKyloRen
    17 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    pffftttt
    Post edited by TheKyloRen on
  • I get why people are mad that they can't get Luke, but I'm honestly glad the requirements are so steep. Luke wouldn't be special if everyone was able to get him. Also, most of the required characters (Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Old Ben) are really good mid level characters, so it's not unreasonable to have them 7*ed. At least they're not asking for a 7* Rancor Raid Han Solo, which actually be ridiculous.
  • Bruh