[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Prev13456735
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited August 2017
I'm thrilled to share the HotFix notes for 8/2/2017!
<<MEGATHREAD HERE>>

4mbzpcx69fkz.png
COMMANDER LUKE
Commander Luke Skywalker is arriving soon in Galaxy of Heroes! We're so excited, we want to share a sneak peek of what to expect.This Rebel attacker is the first character to have six abilities, three of which have Zeta upgrades. Commander Luke Skywalker can dispel buffs and debuffs, inflict many debuffs, and allow his Rebel allies to counter attack. Additionally, he can switch between offensive (ignores taunts, deals more damage) and defensive (counter attacks, takes less damage) modes. Finally, whenever Commander Luke Skywalker inflicts a debuff, he and his allies gain turn meter. He is sure to be a powerful ally in any squad. For a more in depth look at Commander Luke Skywalkers kit, please be sure to check out his Character Strategy Guide post <<HERE>>

This Rebel Hero will unlock this August through the Hero's Journey event as a seven star character. To unlock Commander Skywalker, players will require the following Characters at seven stars:
  • Old Ben Kenobi
  • Princess Leia
  • Stormtrooper Han
  • Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
  • R2-D2
We will also be doing reworks soon for Old Ben Kenobi, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) also arriving next week. Han Solo's ability kit has been updated as an added bonus! Finally, in celebration of the Hero's Journey event we've brought back R2-D2 so that players can improve their very own Daring Droid in preparation for this highly anticipated event.

R2-D2 EVENT RETURNS
R2-D2 returns to the Galaxy of Heroes! Power up your Empire squad and collect this Daring Droid now! R2-D2 is a required unit in the upcoming Hero's Journey: Luke Skywalker event.
Launches Aug 3rd

ktcd8iubkr8v.png

LUKE SKYWALKER FLASH EVENT RETURNS
Looking to gear your Luke Skywalker? Then look no further than the "Trouble on Tatooine" Flash events that’ll be going on all month! This series of Flash Events revisits the harsh desert planet of Tatooine. To participate in this multi-tiered event, task Luke Skywalker with inspecting the perimeter of the farm as you join forces with Jawas to square off against marauding Tusken Raiders.(Forced Luke Skywalker with the exception of the Bonus Tier w/star requirements)

For more information on when these events will flash onto the scene, please see our Event Info post <<HERE>>

PACKS & BUNDLES

Mod Set Packs Return
Eight Mod Set packs have returned to the Store and are available for a limited time. Each pack features a full mod set (per class) plus a BONUS Tier (Gold) mod from any slot. Get them while they last!

R2-D2 Legendary Bundle
(NOTE: If previously purchased, this bundle will not display in Store)
Power up your Empire squad with an Imperial Forces Power-Up Bundle to unlock R2-D2!
Launches Aug 3rd
Pack Contents:
  • Character shards:
  • Veers: 80 shards
  • Death Trooper: 80 shards
  • Stormtrooper: 80 shards
  • Royal Guard: 25 shards
  • TIE Fighter Pilot: 25 shards
  • Credits: 1,250,000
  • Ability Mats
Faction Pack
Level up your Empire faction with an Empire faction pack. Each pack awards one card of character shards worth between 10 to 330 Character shards for Empire characters. (Maximum 10 purchases).
Possible characters:
  • Death Trooper
  • Director Krennic
  • Gar Saxon
  • Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Imperial Super Commando
  • Magmatrooper
  • Royal Guard
  • Shoretrooper
  • Snowtrooper
  • Stormtrooper
  • TIE Fighter Pilot
  • Veers
The Emperor’s Finest: General Veers
Power up Veers with an Emperor's Finest bundle and unleash your fury today!
Pack Contents:
  • Character shards: Veers (x80)
  • Credits: 280,000
  • XP Droids: 15x Tier 4
  • Ability Mats

The Emperor’s Finest: Shoretrooper
Power up Shoretrooper with the limited time Emperor's Finest bundle and unleash your fury today!
Pack Contents:
  • Character shards: Shoretrooper (x80)
  • Ability Mats
The Emperor’s Finest: Magmatrooper
Power up Magmatrooper with their very own limited time Emperor’s finest bundle today
Launches Aug 3rd
Pack Contents:
  • Character shards: Magmatrooper (x80)
  • Ability Mats
The Emperor’s Finest: Stormtrooper
Power up Stormtrooper with an Emperor’s Finest bundle today that’ll be in stores for a limited time!
Launches Aug 3rd
Pack Contents:
  • Character shards: Stromtrooper (x80)
  • Ability Mats
The Emperor’s Finest: Snowtrooper
Power up Snowtrooper with the limited time Emperor's Finest bundle and unleash your fury today!
Launches Aug 3rd
Pack Contents:
  • Character shards: Snowtrooper (x80)
  • Ability Mats

The Emperor’s Finest: Death Trooper
Power up your formidable Death Trooper with the limited time Emperor's Finest bundle and unleash your fury today!
Launches Aug 3rd
Pack Contents:
  • Character shards: Death Trooper (x80)
  • Ability Mats
BUGS
  • Fixed an issue where enemy shadows were missing in the AT-ST event
WHAT’S AHEAD
  • A refreshing change comes to old difficulties.
  • The journey begins

<<MEGATHREAD HERE>>
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    mo08cstjh5hy.gif
  • Haha Kozi - "this August" Fun! Now to save this thread till tomorrow and read the 500 comments.
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    OMG YES!!!! This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • So he can't be unlocked at 5?
  • Are you SERIOUS I been getting my JEDI team for yoda event WHY do this now there isnt a yoda event
  • Well that was sort of disappointing.. I had been collecting gear for him for about a month now and I won't even be able to unlock him lol.
  • LocalHero
    146 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    200w.gif
  • tuan6668
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Why not Han Solo as one of the character for Commander Luke event? We still need five characters for the event but with the addition of Han Solo, those who have 4 of the 5 characters (Old Ben, R2, Leia, ST Han, Luke) at 7 stars can still get 7 stars commander Luke if they have 7 stars Han Solo.

Old Ben don't even have a rebel tag while Han Solo does

@CG_CapGaSP
  • You guys are pretty dense.
    I am shocked and angry at the Luke requirements.

What was the POINT of telling us we needed to prep our Lukes, months ago if you were gonna surprise us with an additional 4 other characters we needed.

My Luke was grinded to gear 11 in that time so I spent the last two months sitting pretty thinking I was good to go based on the information you released to us.

Then you drop this. Thanks for creating stupidly false expectations. You should know better.
  • Okay, this is really disappointing. Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly? Currently the only way to get Old Ben is a full 330 shard farm from the Cantina. I've been playing since February 2016 and have 14 Old Ben shards...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • So maybe can we see old Ben shards in one of the shops.. with better frequency than Jyn and Sabine shards? Seems like a very limited population will be unlocking Commander Luke
  • Why on earth i still don't have Old Ben :neutral:starts to farm him like crazy ...
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Now that we know the kitten requirements for the event, how about release the day of it and how long it lasts? This will at least let me determine the amount of rage needed. Please and thanks!
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    The hints have been there as was a lot of (correct) guessing.
  • Did your preparation pay off? Farming Old Ben worked out for those of us that did.
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They were dropping hints left and right for the past month that you should look into getting chars that shaped Lukes Journey. And the entire forums had at least 2 topics poping up each day of people predicting this exact characters. So yeah ...

On a side note.... an OP rebel with 6 abilities and 3 zetas ? Perfect just what i wanted :D Well atleast i see theres reworks for old ben, maybe he will finally get a taunt and will be usable :P
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    The hints have been there as was a lot of (correct) guessing.

What hints were there that you needed a full New Hope crew to get him? The ONLY hints we were given was that we needed Luke himself.
  • Amadeo220 wrote: »
    Seriously, this disgusts me and I AM one of the whales.

Never again man, you guys burned me on months of work all because you created blatantly false expectations with your in game messaging.

Amen. Had to throw all my resources at PS to get Thrawn. I'm going to pass on Commander Luke.
  • I am glad I did not farm old Ben like crazy was never going to get him unlocked and to 7 plus r2 and Leia to 7

.next time
  • I didnt get to see who is needed, you have the info?
  • Nope. I haven't eqcen unlocked old ben yet.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • It's not that bad, old Ben can be rage-farmed quickly through cantina with 3 refreshes a day. The rest are easy to get, or at least there are reasons for you to have them from before
  • Nope. No chance of getting a 7* R2 before then if it requires Empire. Open it to all factions then maybe.
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Yes!

Without dropping big money?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I hope there is double drop on Old Ben. We've had double drop on last two faction / character farming ever since they introduced specific node double drop feature. He's the only toon I don't have 7*. I've been farming zetas for Jedi Luke but looks like Commander Luke is where its at. Looks like a super cool kit description.
  • It's not that bad, old Ben can be rage-farmed quickly through cantina with 3 refreshes a day. The rest are easy to get, or at least there are reasons for you to have them from before

R2 is "easy" to get? Interesting...
  • Nope only 5* Ben
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    New players wont be, period. Which begs the question - is this event is coming back anytime soon(ish)?