We Don't Need Another Han

EventineElessedil
6171 posts Member
edited August 2017
Edited in light of recent announcements :)

Stormtrooper Han. Han Solo. Now Hoth Rebel Han, or whatever you finally decide to call him. We don't need another version of Han. We don't even want another version of Han. What we have is fine. Well, if you would just rework a little of Han Solo's kit like we suggested to you, then it would be fine (see here for ideas: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114343/han-solos-shoot-first-should-go-before-everything).

Edited What we do want is a lightsaber-wielding Luke Skywalker. You know, like the apprentice jedi that fought Darth Vader on Cloud City; that would suffice, and Bespin Luke is already in the game! Even better would be Jedi Skywalker from the Emperor's Throne Room, but alas that is the carrot that will never be realized, it seems. Instead, you are giving us Commander Skywalker, which we can only assume will be Luke in his Hoth uniform. Ok fine, I can accept that, as long as he is wielding a light saber to some degree. And that's what you've given us! Bespin Luke repackaged as Commander Luke Skywalker. Hey, that works for me!

It seems pretty clear that you are building a Hoth Rebel group (maybe even a new faction tag?), which I whole-heartedly support (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93336/some-day-id-like-to-see-more-hoth-rebels). To do so, you are bringing in Hoth Leia, Commander Skywalker, and Hoth Han, to bring our total to 2 Leias, 2 Lukes, and 3 Hans in the game (since we are counting: also 2 Obi-Wan Kenobis, 2 Ahsoka Tanos, technically 2 Anakin Skywalkers, and I would argue Logray and Ewok Elder are really the same character). It also appears you are setting us up for at least four versions of Luke Skywalker, somewhere in the far distant future after all of our children have graduated college and retirement looms large on the horizon.

Releasing many versions of the same character is a bit unimaginative, don't you think? You know what would be better than Han #3? General Carlist Rieekan, or even Major Bren Derlin. Seriously, just take Hoth Han's kit and slap a new name and face on it. Sure, you will get the "who is that?" backlash from many fans, but you'll get backlash no matter what you do. In the end, it's better to have well-defined characters that we can easily differentiate rather than a whole barrack full of the same character in different clothes.

The Star Wars universe is vast, with many interesting characters. There is little need to release many versions of the same character.

Anyhow; looking forward to Territory Battles, I hope they are fun!
Post edited by EventineElessedil on

Replies

• I could use another han. Or two. Territory battles will give hoth characters a boost, so there is your reason for releasing more.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • I could use another han. Or two. Territory battles will give hoth characters a boost, so there is your reason for releasing more.

Yes ... quite.
    CjoitC9.gif

So give the character another name. It doesn't have to be Han Solo the Third.