New R2D2 Event erased Yoda Event

Prev1
Cappie
34 posts Member
edited August 2017
So they give us several weeks notice to get our teams ready for Yoda and then at the last minute they bring in R2D2 and Yoda Event is no longer there.
Post edited by Sunnie1978 on

Replies

• LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Instead of raging why don't you read the Event info notes?

Yoda event is still happening.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/122359/event-info-8-1#latest
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They are giving everyone a chance to get a nessecery character needed to unlock Commander Luke. They are preempting an event for an unnessecery charachter to add an event for an important, needed character. I think this was an incredibly generous move on their part.
  • VinnyG wrote: »
    They are giving everyone a chance to get a nessecery character needed to unlock Commander Luke. They are preempting an event for an unnessecery charachter to add an event for an important, needed character. I think this was an incredibly generous move on their part.

No it wasn't incredibly generous. It was NECESSARY. They don't get props for doing the bare minimum

No it wasn't incredibly generous. It was NECESSARY. They don't get props for doing the bare minimum

That's right. They totally dropped the freaking ball again. I really thought they would have learned after phoenix.
  • They should have stuck with the original schedule and pushed back the Luke event until everyone had reasonable time to farm all necessary characters.
    Otherwise don't require Ben for the event. Use someone else instead.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    andyistic wrote: »
    They should have stuck with the original schedule and pushed back the Luke event until everyone had reasonable time to farm all necessary characters.
    Otherwise don't require Ben for the event. Use someone else instead.
    +1
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    VinnyG wrote: »

Bare minimum.... come on. This is a game, some people take it way to seriously. If everyone was able to get everything at the same time no matter what itd be a prerty boring game and probably wouldn't exist
  • Where do you find updates on when events are? Because I was looking everywhere to find out when the R2 event was and couldn't find anything. Been working on my emp team so I could get R2 but I still don't have enough. I have Palp, Vader, TFP and Tark at 7 star and only 5 star guard with everyone else 4 star or less.

If I had known it was going to be today I would have tried to get another 7 star but it was just randomly dropped...
  • This thread is unnecessary.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Go to Dev announcements and news
  • People nowadays expect to get everything now. This is our society new culture!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    2013-02-03-starwars-9-haters.jpg

• Jamesm wrote: »
    Go to Dev announcements and news

Where is that? Do they have future dates on events months in advance with required units?
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    Bare minimum would've been keeping the yoda event as scheduled and not having the R2 event for another 3 months as I believe the original schedule was. As it stands, a lot more people will benefit having the R2 event now instead of holding a yoda event.
  • Pa_lin
    80 posts Member
    I don't get why they gave us 20 day notice for yoda event and not r2
    Bare minimum would've been keeping the yoda event as scheduled and not having the R2 event for another 3 months as I believe the original schedule was. As it stands, a lot more people will benefit having the R2 event now instead of holding a yoda event.

there was no "original schedule" for R2
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Because Yoda is a recurring event not R-D2 yet.
  • LtGenStu wrote: »
    People nowadays expect to get everything now. This is our society new culture!

Yeah, or just buy it before they naturally progress to get it.
    And then whine when others get it.
    Or there isn't enough stuff for them.
    Etc etc
  • Pa_lin wrote: »
    They pushed up R2 event. Be happy they did that. Otherwise there'd be more people mad.
  • Pa_lin wrote: »

Because $$$

Which is basically the answer to most of the questions about timing, or toon selection.
  • Cappie
    34 posts Member
    Again EA's intent is to make money. Tomorrow when they do the hot fix and show that Yoda event will still occur, they will offer empire shards for money or crystals. Either way you have to pay if you want to play.
  • Cappie
    34 posts Member
    Or be very patient and play for free for at least a couple of years.
  • Cappie wrote: »
    Again EA's intent is to make money. Tomorrow when they do the hot fix and show that Yoda event will still occur, they will offer empire shards for money or crystals. Either way you have to pay if you want to play.

THEY ANNOUNCED IT A DAY A GO
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/122359/event-info-8-1#latest
  • Cappie wrote: »
    Or be very patient and play for free for at least a couple of years.

I had R2 7* without paying. If people that started playing 3 months ago are expecting to get all legendary toons on first try, that is just wrong.
  • 7 hour in game announcement.
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »

legendary events (i.e Palpatine and Yoda) started out on a 6 month rotation. This is what I am basing that comment on.I believe that this was intended for R2 and Thrawn as well, but with having R2D2 as a requirement, they moved it up to enable a larger section of the player base to compete for Commander Skywalker.
    Riffinator wrote: »

legendary events (i.e Palpatine and Yoda) started out on a 6 month rotation. This is what I am basing that comment on.I believe that this was intended for R2 and Thrawn as well, but with having R2D2 as a requirement, they moved it up to enable a larger section of the player base to compete for Commander Skywalker.

August to December it NOT 6 months
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    There was no such thing as 6 months rotation. Palpatine returned after 4 months then every 2 months.
  • LtGenStu wrote: »
    There was no such thing of 6 months rotation. Palpatine returned after 4 months then every 2 months.

4+2=6!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    No it's not. The original Yoda and Palpatine events were called extremely rare and only occurred every six months. Only recently have they increased in frequency
This discussion has been closed.