Commander Luke Skywalker: Chewy says Hi?

Prev13
Wasn't Chewy a part of the ANH rescue squad....feels wrong not taking him along to make CLS.
| ANZGC | Exile |

Replies

• Ravib
    106 posts Member
    Rather than require 9 five-star characters, they should've had Chewie or Wedge rather than R2-D2.
  • The Chewie in the game is from clone wars, we don't have the one from the original trilogy,
    Yet...
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    aperingo wrote: »
    The Chewie in the game is from clone wars, we don't have the one from the original trilogy,
    Yet...

That's kitten. Chewie is the same character in all the movies for crying out loud.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The Chewie in the game is from clone wars, we don't have the one from the original trilogy,
    Yet...

He might well be but a few extra tags and some art showing chewy's hair going from his younger all business straight back style to his older more scoundrelly™ in the cantina straight back hairsuit style and voila Chewy the rebel emerges!!
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Yet...

That's kitten. Chewie is the same character in all the movies for crying out loud.

So is Luke. And we're getting a 2nd one.
    Not sure if you've noticed but this game ain't the movies. It's the game.
  • SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Yet...

That's ****. Chewie is the same character in all the movies for crying out loud.

What are you talking about? Lukes character progresses. Chewie doesn't change. The game is mostly based on the movies. Not sure if you've noticed this. Duh
  • Clearly says Clone Wars Chewbacca
  • We have clone wars Chewbacca. We don't have Chewie yet. If they make clone wars Chewbacca usable for the event, then they might as well throw General Kenobi in the mix as well (neither should occur).

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    The version of Chewbacca we currently have in the game has never even met Han Solo, forget about Luke.
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Yet...

That's ****. Chewie is the same character in all the movies for crying out loud.

What are you talking about? Lukes character progresses. Chewie doesn't change. The game is mostly based on the movies. Not sure if you've noticed this. Duh

Stormtrooper Han vs Han Solo. General Kenobi be old Ben. Jedi Knight Anakin vs Darth Vader.

Not sure if you've noticed this...
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @SWGAMER6 Regardless of how you think Chewie should be represented, in a previous interview or post (can't remember) EA Jessie alluded to there will be different versions of the same character. Why this matters? He was specifically talking about another version of Chewie.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Yet...

Chewie wasn't a rebel in the clone war Era. Heck, Rebels didn't even exist. So his character did evolve. The Wookies fought on the side of clones which led to the empire. The Empire betrayed them and turned them into slaves. So I would say Chewbacca evolved.
  • They should add Cloud City Chewie with C3PO on his back.
  • @SWGAMER6 Regardless of how you think Chewie should be represented, in a previous interview or post (can't remember) EA Jessie alluded to there will be different versions of the same character. Why this matters? He was specifically talking about another version of Chewie.

So did Jessie say how they would make him different?
  • SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    @SWGAMER6 Regardless of how you think Chewie should be represented, in a previous interview or post (can't remember) EA Jessie alluded to there will be different versions of the same character. Why this matters? He was specifically talking about another version of Chewie.

So did Jessie say how they would make him different?

Lighter fur.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Lots of people are giving @SWGAMER6 a hard time since he believes chewy is more or less the same character throughout the saga. Well i agree with him. Im not going to whine and moan that the luke event is unfair (i definitely dont have all of the required toons), but since the release of R2, there is absolutely precedent for a toon whose tags span multiple eras. I dont see why chewy couldnt drop the "clone wars" part of his name then have resistance and rebel tags. Also, they have changed the names of toons so there is also precedent for dropping "clone wars".

Im not angry that clone wars chewy doesnt have rebel/resistance tags, im just stating that there is absolutely precedent for this kind of a change.
  • Fürkész
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    His weapon changed. Both is wookie bowcaster, but different design.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Fürkész wrote: »
    SWGAMER6, all you do is complain. I'm guessing you don't have the characters needed for Luke because you don't like the ones needed to unlock him. Also, you can't come up with sound logic for the ones you'd rather have, which isn't the logic that the game has all but directly told you to use. Either play within the confines of the game or don't.

The last big huge powerful character to unlock was not in the movies. And the requirements to get him were not from the movies.

Again, this is the game. Not the movies<---- remember when I typed this?

Thanks for the reminder ColonelTravass.

You can't be serious. Chewbacca is the same whether clone wars or ROTS or TFA. He doesn't change. His look doesn't change. His weapon doesn't change. So what the heck would you do with different iterations of the same character when the only thing different about them is there tag? How does that mesh with your logic colonel?

His weapon changed. Both is wookie bowcaster, but different design.

This for instance @SWGAMER6
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Lots of people are giving @SWGAMER6 a hard time since he believes chewy is more or less the same character throughout the saga. Well i agree with him. Im not going to whine and moan that the luke event is unfair (i definitely dont have all of the required toons), but since the release of R2, there is absolutely precedent for a toon whose tags span multiple eras. I dont see why chewy couldnt drop the "clone wars" part of his name then have resistance and rebel tags. Also, they have changed the names of toons so there is also precedent for dropping "clone wars".

Im not angry that clone wars chewy doesnt have rebel/resistance tags, im just stating that there is absolutely precedent for this kind of a change.

Chewbacca would be crucial to a Han Solo event, right? But why is he crucial to Luke? Scratch that. Why is he more crucial to Luke's journey (in the movies, which is how this event is staged) than Old Ben, R2, Leia or Han? Luke's family owned R2, R2 flew with Luke. How can you put Chewbacca's relationship with Luke ahead of that? How can you put it ahead of Han Solo? Han was the captain of the Falcon, not Chewbacca. Did Old Ben give Luke his father's lightsaber or did Chewbacca? Did Luke hear Chewbacca in his head or Old Ben? Luke tells Leia: "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you." The movies always hinted at some sort of Luke/Leia relationship, eventually we knew what it turned out to be, but there was never a Luke/Chewbacca relationship that developed.

Chewbacca simply is not as essential to Luke as the other four characters are. Plus the other four are, like Luke, human. Chewbacca is not. Their decision makes the most sense.

• Yes but he was there on the death star escaping with luke. That makes him pretty important IMO.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • I can't say much as to where Chewbacca was different physically, rather than more fur, darker fur, different model bowcaster.

However, where abilities come into mind, Chewbaccas personality definitely changed over the course of the saga. During the Clone Wars, Chewbacca was a free spirit, lived for himself and his people, felt no outside loyalty to others. However, sometime between episode 3 and 4, Chewbacca is saved by a heroic scoundrel by the name of Han Solo and swears a life debt to his lifelong friend. And after TFA, we see Chewbacca alone in the dark again as his life debt has been severed by an untimely death of his greatest friend.

Personally, I can see Chewie becoming more of a support character rather than a tank during the original trilogy. I feel as though a class granting other allies buffs and TM would be far more fitting (or how about a healer when he fixes C3P0? Lol). During TFA however I can see him become more of an attacker, where as the true power of his howcaster is more so exhibited
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Chewie doesn't get a medal.
  • He never got a medal at the end either...poor chewie
  • They forgot about him just like Leia did in TFA
  • Zenos
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I can definitely see possible differences so not sure where you're coming from.

Looks? Not so much, the differences will be minute, I agree. Some shaders and maybe a scruffier look perhaps.

Abilities? Many comes to mind. Synergies with Han would be quite obvious given the lifedebt. Revenge/rage for betrayal/slavery granting buffs against Empire (and possibly Sith) characters would be another. Droid synergy, other underhanded scoundrelly ( :smile:) or survivally skills could be plausible as well, albeit more of a stretch.

This is just off the top of my head.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    They forgot about him just like Leia did in TFA

She only ever wanted to get that walking carpet out of her way.
  • Hydracarbon
    665 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    His bow is different ... lol.
  • The clone wars chewie tag needs to drop. He's the same character throughout all he movies, just like R2, so they need to go ahead and give him rebel and resistance tags too
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Chewie didn't get a medal. Chewie doesn't deserve to be there.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    If R2D2 counts as GR, rebel and resistance, I don't see why chewbacca doesn't
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]