The zeta crunch...

Prev1
Smapty
1260 posts Member
So I've put zetas on characters about 17 times now...

Been going at it strong for quite a while... but still I feel like I can't even come close to keeping up.

Now Luke has 3... the soon to be revealed reworked rebels will probably need them as well...

I understand that they are a "big decision" and should be used as such... but when new characters consistently need them and make other characters obsolete in the process... Therein lies the problem

What's the resolution for this? (Just save them... until when?)

Should they be added to other shops for a huge amount of currency?

Should there be some sort of "buy back" offered to remove them from a character for a tremendous amount of credits or crystals or whatever?

There has to be something... some other way to earn or re-assign zetas...

As it stands now it's only trying to give ship battles some validity...

Any feedback or thoughts are welcome :)

Replies

• Wow. I only have 3 toons Zeta and enough for 2 of lukes. I suppose I'd have more if I bought in fleet shops.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    17 crafted zetas?!? Was that a typo?

giphy.gif

That is my only thought and feedback.
  • I have 15 Zetas and feel the same way @Smapty feels. He is a Zeta genius in my humble opinion. Developers please do something about this Zeta crunch. We need them in another spot. Thank you!!!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Winstar wrote: »

giphy.gif

Yes I've got Yoda (2), Thrawn (2), Nihilus (2), Tarkin, Dooku, Veers, Vader, Savage, Asajj, Finn, Krennic, Sid, DT... I think that's it...

Plus one ready to go for whoever... *cough* (Luke)

I don't really mean to complain...

But man I wish I could "buy back" some of those ;)
  • Smapty wrote: »

giphy.gif

Yes I've got Yoda (2), Thrawn (2), Nihilus (2), Tarkin, Dooku, Veers, Vader, Savage, Asajj, Finn, Krennic, Sid, DT... I think that's it...

I wish I could buy back the one I put in Savage 2 days ago lol or the one I accidently put on DN.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Smapty wrote: »

giphy.gif

Nice. Thought you accidentally put a 1 in front of the 7, lol. I only have 4 zetas.

A one-time zeta give back would be nice at the very least. I can't imagine they would ever allow a buy back feature even if they charged an arm and a leg for each buy back. I can see some people basically stop farming zetas once they got like 20-60 to shift around.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I have an omega crunch at the moment.

I believe I have completed ten zeta abilities so far, and I'm getting close to the next one, but I need to put omega abilities on Luke, Leia, STHan, Old Ben, and all of the Phoenix squad. I will have a huge pile of zetas saved up by the time I finish all of those omegas.
  • I think you have to look at the game as a whole. I'll be willing to bet that the vast majority of the in game population (not just forums) do not have 17 toons zeta and are wondering how they can get more. You said yourself (op) that "they are a "big decision" and should be used as such..." and so that is the answer.

You have 17 zetas and feel the game has slighted you because the zetas run their course over time. Well, I would say the majority of toons and therefore all of their abilities run their course in the game as well. Should you get a buy back gear program for maxed jawas, droids, night sisters, Greedo. Should you get all of those credits back and shards? Sounds silly. No offense, but no difference with zetas.

You seem to be able to collect zetas at a higher than average rate, so just keep doing the same, or make some slightly harder choices about when to zeta like most people do. I don't think the devs meant for anyone to have all of the zetas and keep up with all of the new ones at all times. May seem surprising, but that'd be my bet.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member

giphy.gif

Nice, thought you might've accidentally put a 1 in front of the 7, lol.s I only have 3 almost 4 zetas.

A one time give back zeta would be nice and reasonable. I can't imagine they would let you do buy backs regularly even if charging an arm and a leg- I can see people quit farming zetas after 20-60 mats, and just rotating them as meta shifts/new heroes introduced.
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    How about making the challenges actually drop a guaranteed single zeta, 6 per week or even halve that and have just the first challenge always drop one? (i've had just 2 drop in the last month and a half).

You could still have the possibility of getting more than 1 but a minimum 3 zetas per week isn't too many is it?
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member

giphy.gif

lmao

Well this are my feelings also.

On the topick it would be nice if they add next tier in ability material challenge where you could have chance for zeta.
  • 17 Zetas.......... Seems like several of those zetas you just wanted to try out. You should think about who you are giving a Zeta to and do a little research maybe. Some of those options seem pretty foolish, you could easily be sitting on 7 zetas for these new rebels. But at the rate you are getting zetas You'll prolly get Commander zeta'd before most people so I wouldn't worry. I've gotten 4 zetas and spent much time carefully deciding on each one. Jyn Cassian and 2 on R2.
  • How can you have a zeta crunch when you have 17 zetas on characters?
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    17 Zetas.......... Seems like several of those zetas you just wanted to try out. You should think about who you are giving a Zeta to and do a little research maybe. Some of those options seem pretty foolish, you could easily be sitting on 7 zetas for these new rebels. But at the rate you are getting zetas You'll prolly get Commander zeta'd before most people so I wouldn't worry. I've gotten 4 zetas and spent much time carefully deciding on each one. Jyn Cassian and 2 on R2.

This guy kinda is the research wether or not a zeta is worth it or not.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member

What's the resolution for this? (Just save them... until when?)

Should they be added to other shops for a huge amount of currency?

Should there be some sort of "buy back" offered to remove them from a character for a tremendous amount of credits or crystals or whatever?

There has to be something...

Deep inside, you know that there is something already... They'll come up with eta, xi or upsilon materials that will drop from somewhere, sometimes (seldom), and we'll need 50 of which to unlock some demi-god abilities that will make us all forget about zeta and how ridiculously lacklustre those abilities were. Then perhaps distribute zeta in a store, event or other means.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Really?
  • Don't forget there was a bug where lots of people got extra pulls of the zeta drops. If they waited til reset or something like that, they got three pulls to the rest of our two. I don't believe anything was done about that. Not making any direct accusations, but always have this in mind when I hear of double the Zetas I have, knowing I had Zetas available for farm very early and have only used currency for Zetas until a month ago.
  • @Smapty biggest regrets on which toons you zeta'd?
  • A good fleet will ensure a steady supply of zetas and the use case for zetas aren't nearly as taxing as omegas.

In my view, omega bottlenecks are the real killer. Even though we get the recurring omega events, it's very hard to feel like I am able to really make progress because ... I still need a ton of omegas to zeta a toon, in addition to the fact I need omegas to max out so many character abilities. Daily challenges only provide 7 omegas a week, which is basically allowing us to max out 3 abilities roughly every 2 weeks + 1 day (not counting the omega challenges or lucky drops from the ability mats challenges). While this isn't so bad for people with a smaller roster, for people who have huge rosters ... it leaves a lot of untapped opportunity.

For instance even though I zeta'd Finn, I still have a lot of omega mats I need to max out RT, Poe, Rey, RP for my resistance squad. I still have Gar Saxon sitting on the sidelines waiting for his mats .. etc.
  • Complaining about having 17 zeta abilities and not immediately being able to zeta THREE abilities on a brand new toon...

I guess people will complain about anything.
  • This guy just made a post about a zeta crunch after zeta'ing 17 abilities r u kidding me lol
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    This post is more "look at me I have 17 zetas, jealous?", than a concern of a "zeta crunch". Personally I think they have it about right.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I’m more frustrated by getting one singular zeta mat from the challenge in the last month.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    for me zeta's are like credits, i could always use more, but if i only use them for things that are actually usefull i will have a surplus.
    currently i'm sitting on 35mil credits and 59 zeta mats, i could use them all but it won't benefit me much.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    A good fleet will ensure a steady supply of zetas and the use case for zetas aren't nearly as taxing as omegas.

In my view, omega bottlenecks are the real killer. Even though we get the recurring omega events, it's very hard to feel like I am able to really make progress because ... I still need a ton of omegas to zeta a toon, in addition to the fact I need omegas to max out so many character abilities. Daily challenges only provide 7 omegas a week, which is basically allowing us to max out 3 abilities roughly every 2 weeks + 1 day (not counting the omega challenges or lucky drops from the ability mats challenges). While this isn't so bad for people with a smaller roster, for people who have huge rosters ... it leaves a lot of untapped opportunity.

For instance even though I zeta'd Finn, I still have a lot of omega mats I need to max out RT, Poe, Rey, RP for my resistance squad. I still have Gar Saxon sitting on the sidelines waiting for his mats .. etc.

+1 right here. I've got about 40 Zeta mats, and about 80k fleet currency if I need to buy Zeta mats but I don't have any Omegas to use them with.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Can't use zetas without omegas.
  • Maybe territory battles will alleviate the strain some
  • Not to mention the Ewok event gave us 3 zetas at top tier
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    The point isn't how many zetas you have... whether it's 1 or 100. They aren't difficult to get if you devote the resources to them... but it's time consuming. If you spend your ship currency only on zetas you get one about every two weeks on average.

Sure I have a good amount of characters zeta'd but I started early on it and have spent all my ship currency exclusively on zetas... I like to try new things. That's what makes the game fun for me.

They were great initially to help address the power creep by giving older characters that became somewhat obsolete new abilities that made them viable again. Now every new character "needs" a zeta... or two.. or now three in Luke's case.

It's literally impossible to stay even remotely close to keeping up with the curve that is being created. Sure you can save them up... but for what and until when? What if you went "all in" on the Ewoks and then they release Luke... well that sucks... or you go "all in" on Luke and soon enough some new character is released that is bigger and better and nullifies all your efforts.

I think that ideally any fully zeta'd team (empire, sith, Jedi, resistance, FO, Ewoks, etc...) should be able to compete with any other in a rock, paper, scissors kind of way... but currently it doesn't work like that. They just release something new that is stronger than anything else and shifts the balance dramatically. Arena currently is probably more varied then it has been in a while but it still boils down to a very limited number of viable teams/ characters is you want to be competitive.

I don't really regret any of the zetas I've put on characters. Some are clearly far superior to others but regardless it's fun to try them out and experiment with them.

That being said... being able to remove them for a significant fee or having them accessible in other ways wouldn't be such a bad thing.