Galactic War Node 13 Bonus Node Idea

With all these new additions and large enemies, I feel that a daily bonus tier could be added to the Galactic war that allows the surviving characters battle against a huge boss! We could throw whatever battalions we have at it in hopes to bring it down. Similar to a daily raid. It could even evolve into multiple foe options that randomly cycle day by day.

Examples: (Foe level based on player level)
  • Wampa latest?cb=20100125174108
  • Nexu (could be a pack) latest?cb=20120428155440
  • Acklay latest?cb=20101224201604
  • Reek latest?cb=20091202161701

I'm sure there are more beasts that are not coming to mind.

Rewards could include enhanced node 12 rewards. I would love another way to achieve zetas (since we need so many of them now), or even some raid gear. This could give us the 2,000 galactic war credits we all desire! Also, it would help with the guild activities (even if only by 1 per reset).

I know this isn't something that can be done immediately, but I think it would bring a very good incentive back to Galactic War (and gearing up for it) to those who get irritated by not being able to complete it daily. Even if you make it through 80% of the time, it would be a fun challenge at the end.

Any thoughts are appreciated (especially from Devs, if they have time)
WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I like the idea.
    ...but, (sorry :smile: )

GW is really an evolving section, its built on players teams so it changes with the meta and is scalable because its % based on your power. This could follow the power scale but will never change with time.

This could also be used when a player breaks the system and can't get a real team, they could face a real challenge without having to add a bonus node.
  • Options
    Please no... GW is already a major boss battle when you hit the thrawn meta...
  • Options
    I'd rather see those three beasts of Attack of the Clones be included in a new raid (or big event), maybe from the POV of the Separatists, that would revolve about the capture of all three prior to the failed execution of the two Jedi and the Naboo warrior-princess.
  • Options
    I'd like to see the Wampa as a playable character.