Theory crafting the best "Rebel Maneuvers" counter attack team

TheMegaSage
393 posts Member
edited August 2017
Leader Ability – Rebel Maneuvers:
Rebel allies have +50% Counter Chance, +50% Defense, and +15% Offense. Whenever an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

R2D2 has to go in spot 2. I mean, besides the whole "stun on basic" thing, and the whole "extra stats up the wazoo for Rebels", and the whole "dispel on crit" thing, and the whole "bringing so much extra attack and health for rebels" thing, you have the fanboy "R2 and Luke!" thing. Gotta have R2!

I think you have to include Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) here. Basic attack is already high + protection up will be pretty amazing on counters. I would get SO annoyed fighting with her countering all the time and giving a huge 40% protection all over the place.

Not sure about the last two spots. Maybe Chaze? Chirrut has a decent enough basic, and Baze will do his normal Bazey stuff. So they wouldn't bring counter damage, but they'd bring more survivability.

Maybe Wiggs instead? Or is having Wedge is a non-leader role a waste?

Ezra for spot 4? After a few turns his extra offense will be amping up his basic damage, and the occasional double tap will start really hurting.

Cassian - his basic is (surprisingly) high, it has buff immunity on it, and his aoe debuffs will feed the turn meter gain if resisted.
^^ This is actually interesting. Let's say one enemy resists 3 possible debuffs. Is that 15% TM gain for each debuff resisted, or 5% for the enemy, regardless of how many he resisted?

I hate to say it, but Pao might be good here. Lots of basic attacks going off to lower his cooldowns (are they even any good???), and lots of potential double and triple attacks. I still won't run someone who appeared in a movie for 5 seconds, though.

How about Kanaan? He'd have 100% counter chance (his 70% + Luke's 50) with Offense Down thrown in. Plus you'd almost want a resist so everybody gets 5% TM!

Man, there will be a LOT of options. I think, after reviewing, my theorycrafted team would be ...

Luke (l), R2D2, ATF, Cassian, Kanaan

How about you?
Post edited by TheMegaSage on

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Someone with daze, like Maul or Logray
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »

Or Zeb?
  • StarSon wrote: »

Or Zeb?

Zeb would be great. Basic is low damage, but "Daze for 2 turns" on counter would be fantastic, or stun if already dazed.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Yeah, but Maul and Logray have got AOE daze
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    They do, but don't benefit from either R2's number crunch or CL's lead.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

We are talking about counters, so I thought Zaul will be one
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

We are talking about counters, so I thought Zaul will be one

I see. No, the thread is about building a team around CL, who has counter chance as his leader ability, not counters to beat CL and his counter chance.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    True, I misread counter in the title, sorry
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

YES HOW DARE YOU MAKE A MISTAKE!!!1!1111

Lol no worries... but, to your point, zMaul probably will be a counter, but since most CL teams will have R2 which counters zMaul.... will be interesting to see what happens to arena.
  • I changed the title to say "counter team". :) Now theorycraft for me! DANCE MONKEYS!
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member

YES HOW DARE YOU MAKE A MISTAKE!!!1!1111

Lol no worries... but, to your point, zMaul probably will be a counter, but since most CL teams will have R2 which counters zMaul.... will be interesting to see what happens to arena.

A counter attack team that counters one of the best counters to that team (Insert explosion)
  • R2D2 is a must, he give lot of bonuses, and also make sure Zaul teams won't make Luke useless.
    kanan not gonna be viable. he hit too low, hes boring, uninteresting. i dont see why 100% counter chance should make him viable, totally unappealing, and this guy is phoenix, a jedi and a rebel, can be used for EP, Yoda, Thrawn. almost a must-have toon, yet no one wants to have it.
    cassian is fine in R1 squad, when buffing k2so. in this squad, i dont see him bringing the damage.
    its just like id want to say that in theory, HRSoldier could work, but no, his stats are too much behind.
    Ezra would be good in that team. gaining 15% offense, more offense from R2, and the 2-3 turns you give him to stack (with the taunter or R2 hide him).
    ATF i barely seen TBH, but from what i seen, she underperforming. as an attacker, id rather have Ezra, and you'll need the taunter, so, for me ? ahsoka out.
    so we got the damage, we got the support, we got the leader, who else we need ? the tank. the easy option is Baze, and along with Chirrut for "half leader ability" of HoTs, you got yourself amazing team.
    other option can be STHan. why ? TM manipulation ofc.
    but most interesting will be obi wan. if his taunt is reliable, and R2D2 can hide all but him, obi will probably be the best option. if he still have that AoE - you gain lot of TM or 2 wasted turns on enemy team, good situation either way. if he still have the dodges, that will be extremely annoying. but if i remember right, his defense is the highest in game. his armor and resistance are very high, and luke also give... 50% defense.
    if you not going Chaze, id go Luke (L), R2D2, Ezra, Obi-Wan/STH (depends on the rework), DN/Thrawn.
  • if we're talking straight-up counter attack, you gotta include leia I'd think. Her damage is killer, and spreading Crit chance up (possibly Crit damage up too after rework) just pairs too perfectly with R2 and CLS cleansing abilities.

CLS, PL, OB, R2, Ezra will be a popular team. Survivsbility from OB and R2, heavy hits from Ezra and PL, and all kinds of funky utility from CLS. I think this will be a winning team

• Everyone seems to forget SRP can give 15% TM to all allies on a basic. Couple that with CLS's leader ability and you can speed up your team considerably
  • Luke, r2, fulcrum, old Ben, srp for an annoyingly defensive team that is hard to debuff and hits pretty hard.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    If you're talking about a team for arena, Pao, Cassian, Kanan, and Zeb are all out because they don't offer enough, and you will need Luke and R2 in there.

So aside from those 2, I think Ezra is a great bet, which leaves 2 spots, likely for chaze or for wiggs. You'd have to have a ton of speed if you ran wiggs to make up for not having a tank, so it looks like Luke, Ezra, R2, Chaze is the best bet for an arena team.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Luke, R2, Fulcrum, Ezra, and Baze
  • DjangoFettt
    92 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I think I'd go with your original like up with Luke R2 ATF and Cassian except go with k2 instead of kanan, he has much more to bring with Cassian in the line up and he has an auto taunt. He already counters as well but with lukes additional counter chance even if k2 is debuffed he would still counter like normal
    He also has a debuff on his basic so whenever that gets resisted on a counter (auto taunt so he's attacked a lot) 5% tm for everyone
  • No offense but this topic is moot until the reworks are released. We've only seen FBL and we know Old Ben is getting a taunt and rebel tag (among other things) let's wait to see Leias rework and STHan and Raid Han. Right meow with CLS Raid Han will have 85% counter chance.
  • metelnight2
    64 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Pao could potentially be interesting with aoe defense down mechanics + luke synergy (+5% TM on resist, or allow luke to stun on basic). Not to mention the offense up every once in awhile, just one aoe from enemy would average 2.5 counter attacks ~= 2-3 cd decreased, add on baze/chirrut 100% counter attacks this could go quite fast...

However, not considering potential reworks, my vote would be either:
    Luke, r2, ATF, chaze
    or
    Luke, wiggs, chaze
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    U won't want Chaze. Under the AI on defense, Tenacity Up from Chirrut will b a death sentence to your team.

Their OB pops his aoe double debuff, your team resists all 10 and their team all gets 50% tm. Luke's basic will give their whole team 10% tm vs. u. CLS is the end of Chaze.

It's about time they shut down Rex leads and Chaze. zMaul won't come back bcuz of R2. Gonna b interesting in the next few months.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    U won't want Chaze. Under the AI on defense, Tenacity Up from Chirrut will b a death sentence to your team.

Their OB pops his aoe double debuff, your team resists all 10 and their team all gets 50% tm. Luke's basic will give their whole team 10% tm vs. u. CLS is the end of Chaze.

It's about time they shut down Rex leads and Chaze. zMaul won't come back bcuz of R2. Gonna b interesting in the next few months.

You only get tenacity up from chirrut on toons that don't have debuffs. Odds of all 5 toons with no debuffs and low health is rare.
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Wedge lead, Biggs, zAhsoka Tano Fulcrum, zzzCommander Luke, zzR2D2
    Or if Luke's lead will be good:
    Commander Luke Skywalker lead, chirrut, baze, R2D2, [Open slot]
    [Open slot] = {Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum, ¿Reworked Leia?,etc};
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Most rebels won't be much viable on a counter team for two reasons: They're lacking of survivability or basic damages. A counter team needs tough toons cause you can't counter much once you're dead.

For my part i only see a few toons in such team:

- Han Solo (raid) since he's already a counter character and deals huge damages on a low TM character, he also has interesting buffs and decent (even if low) survivability.
    - Fulcrum since she'll buff her team if she can spam her basic and deals huge damages on her basic too. With a regular shield buff she could be extremely annoying on a counter team. She also can deal humongous damages and then help killing fast enough opponents in such team.
    - Biggs Enough survivability, an assist and most importantly, nice basic damages plus TM when hit by a critical will make him annoying as hell on a counter team. He'll basically hit twice and refresh his assist like crazy when focus.
    - Ezra The guy is lethal, a dispell and one of the best assist (especially on a support team) combined with the most lethal basic around... He could do wonder under a Luke lead. He has decent protection too.
    - R2 The little droid is pretty much mandatory on any rebel team anyway. He synergizes well with Fulcrum and Luke too.

Interesting minor adds:

- Hoth rebel scout, 25%TM to the party upon basic, hell yeah !
    - Cassian for a huge Luke & Fulcrum synergy on a rebel team.

I'm only wondering if one needs a tank and heal on such team, R2 can help with diversion and counter usually allow huge starting damages especially against AoE teams. You only have to deal with EP party stun and Maul party confuse.
    Thanks to Luke most tanks won't taunt much and maybe one should think about a Luke/Boba duo since we could have two toons who don't care much about them anyway (nice team to deal with Nihilus meta).

Other toons won't be much interesting i guess, Leia could have been lethal but she's stealthy (and thus not much focused) and can't stand much a hit.

My bets are Luke (l) Fulcrum, R2, Chaze on a tougher team.
    Or something like Luke (l) Fulcrum, Han Solo, Ezra, Cassian (or Biggs), R2 on a more suicidal party. If Baze dispells your R2's smoke screen i'm pretty sure he won't survive a turn with all of this counter-attacks anyway.

Or just throw a zSavage or a zylo in on a non full rebel team to make him tank with R2 help in a worst case scenario.
  • CLS(L), Sabine(duh), zAhsoka(potentially once she is 7*), Chaze/Old Ben with Leia
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    How about a "machine gun" counter attack team under Luke?

Like... Leia, Pao, Sabine & ?

You would probably want a tank of some sort... but think of all the bonus attacks Gar could bring in that last spot!

Probably not practical... but sounds fun at least :)
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Counter team.... strictly counters. 2 tanks 3 attackers might be a fun team.
    Lead CLS 100%
    Kanan Jarus 120% (70+50 Luke lead. )
    K2so 147.6% (97.6+50)
    Han Solo 85% (35% before rework+50)
    (I'd go R2 for support next but keeping it strictly counter)
    Hoth rebel soldier 90% (40+50)

• KueChael wrote: »
    Counter team.... strictly counters. 2 tanks 3 attackers might be a fun team.
    Lead CLS 100%
    Kanan Jarus 120% (70+50 Luke lead. )
    K2so 147.6% (97.6+50)
    Han Solo 85% (35% before rework+50)
    (I'd go R2 for support next but keeping it strictly counter)
    Hoth rebel soldier 90% (40+50)

you have to go r2, or Zaul+Zavage+SA will win this team in 3v5
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I'm still thinking R-2 Raid Han Leia and STH. Have r-2 go 1st giving passive taunt to STH. Now if they want to get rid of that stealth they will be taking hard hits from some tough basics. If not they feed the STH TM machine.

It could be a similar team with OB instead of STH.

Lastly it coul be Luke r-2 Ahsoka Chaze. Since why wouldn't it be.