Lesser Used Character Reviews

Lets talk about some characters we rarely see in this early stage of the game. For example a lot of people haven't unlocked Darth Vader. I happen to be one of the lucky people to do so.

My impression of him is that he is a high HP strong physical attacker, decent armor, but slow. Yo counter this, he has an ability that can gain 100% turn meter on a killing blow. Time it well and you can deal two turns of high damage. AoE has its uses. I like to use Vader and Sidious with both of their Damage over Time abilities, it soon whittles some health down.

Tell us more about your lessser known characters! I really want to learn about CT-5555 "Fives"

Replies

• Princess Leia:
    I currently have her in my PVP group at 3*. She's amazing because she is currently bugged. She gives all team members a 2x crit chance up buff and has the potential to attack 3 times in a row. Plus she can go invisible. The disappointing part is that she will be really hard to shard up.
  • Genossian Soldier:
    His speed is great and attacks hit hard. Just enough health and armor to get by, and he is one of the first you can easily farm. His abilities also work well with Sid's leadership ability.
    Only got him because I needed a fifth dark side member, very glad I did.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Cad Bane

Did someone complain about xyz being over powered? Then Cad Bane them!

Against Jedi he is quite devastating, will basically eat up most Jedi characters and give other characters a hard time by stunning them. The stun isn't 100% guaranteed as the target has a chance at resisting it. I've only seen it fail to land maybe roughly once every 20 uses.

Yes he does work wonders against Barriss, and isn't bad at slowing Dooku down, as dooku can't counter attack whilst stunned.

He doesn't have much in the way of other special effects, his basic attack has a chance to attack again but other than that nothing special.

Cad bane is my basic go to if I see any healers on the enemy team, Dooku, Sidious, or even Obi-Wan... That's how good his stun is!

Down side is he is not farmable, you have to luck out with Bronzium or Chromium cards.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • JPre522 wrote: »
    Genossian Soldier:
    His speed is great and attacks hit hard. Just enough health and armor to get by, and he is one of the first you can easily farm. His abilities also work well with Sid's leadership ability.
    Only got him because I needed a fifth dark side member, very glad I did.

How much damage does the Genosian soldier do?
  • Greedo

You do have to choose to put your arena shards here instead of Sidious (which is fairly arguably a bad idea). But he has the strongest auto-attack out of any of my characters by a good margin. He's got a huge natural crit chance and the 45% chance to attack again on crit happens pretty often due to this and can take out an enemy with a single attack.
  • Clone Trooper Sergeant (Phase 1)-(Lvl 45 2* Gear almost lvl 7) and CT-27-5555 "Fives" - (Lvl 45 3* Gear lvl 5)

Yes, I know 2 characters. But paired together equals a good combo!

Fives is really good cause he can (as far as I know) get a Counter Chance at 70% with +25% Counter Damage! And once we get more Clones he will give all Clones (as far as I know) 45 Defense and all other allies half that amount! Plus his combined Special "Deals Physical Damage to Target Enemy and Call a Random Ally to Assist! If they Assisting Ally is a Clone, BOTH Attackers deal 55% more Damage!" Imagine if all 5 Allies is a Clone! That's a lot of Damage every time he uses it!

Now the Clone Trooper Sergeant (Phase 1) - His Z-6 Rotary Cannon (which is a Awesome Weapon IMO) "Deals Physical Damage to Target Enemy with a 50% chance to gain 25% turn meter on a critical hit and 25% Bonus Effect Power (whatever that is...). His Suppressive Fire is good cause it "Deals Physical Damage to ALL enemies and removes 40% of their Turn Meter. And his Unique Concentrated Fire says " He gains 3.5% Critical Chance for EACH Living Clone Ally. In addition, he has +10% Critical Damage and 50% chance to gain Offense Up for 2 turns on Critical Hit"

So all in all, Clone Helps their Brothers out! When put together, They are a Force to be reckoned with! I hope more Clone get added like the Lieutenants and Privates! And Lets not Forget about Rex and Cody!
  • Jadlak wrote: »
    Greedo

You do have to choose to put your arena shards here instead of Sidious (which is fairly arguably a bad idea). But he has the strongest auto-attack out of any of my characters by a good margin. He's got a huge natural crit chance and the 45% chance to attack again on crit happens pretty often due to this and can take out an enemy with a single attack.

What is the physical critical rating of Freedom? Thanks
  • Not sure what you mean by Freedom? But at level 52 Greedo is sitting at 283 Physical Crit Rating. My next closest character is level 52 IG-86 at 248. And it goes down considerably from there.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Was against Greedo today in arena and he definitely hits hard. I know some of those 1 star fighter dudes ive been randomly up against hit really hard too.
  • I've got a 2* underworld police I pretty much only use in the Savage challenge. He's decent in stats I guess but he consistently stuns with his basic attack. Very useful for that particular fight but I haven't really tried him anywhere else.
  • Jadlak wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by Freedom? But at level 52 Greedo is sitting at 283 Physical Crit Rating. My next closest character is level 52 IG-86 at 248. And it goes down considerably from there.
    a crit chance * 45% is a very low rate man.I have to say those double attack characters are much better than this. and 285 is not a very high crit chance. Though he could still pair with some leaders.

• Teebo

I know many don't like Ewoks, and I won't sugarcoat the fact that it's more fun watching Dooku electrocute them...but Teebo is farmable and easy to Star up.

Teebo's power suck. His 1st ability is weak. His 2nd ability is Stealth and thus useless. His 3rd ability can dispel an ability from opponent. (Kind of like Mace Windu's ability).

Why use Teebo? For his Leadership ability! His Leader ability gives all allies a possible Stealth mode. I got as many as 4 heroes being Stealthy. It's random but the chances are good that your heroes get automatically Stealthed. Leia's stealth requires wasting a turn. With Teebo as leader, Leia can stealth and do more damage, without wasting a turn!!

So if you have Stealth on your team, use Teebo as your Leader. Their attack go up and opponents have no idea what can happen. A Stealth-Dooku? A Stealth-Lumi? A Stealth-Jawa? A Stealth-Sidious??

• Time wrote: »
    Was against Greedo today in arena and he definitely hits hard. I know some of those 1 star fighter dudes ive been randomly up against hit really hard too.

I wouldn't discount any of the 1 stars. Jedi Consular was a 1star remember? We just got enough shards to get him to 2 and eventually 3 or 4 stars. Jedi Consular's shards are farmable and can legitimately get to 5 stars in a few months.

First Order Tie Figher and Resistance Trooper has been mentioned as some of the best hitters. Farmable too, so you can get them to 2 or 3 stars.

Geonosian Soldier has been mentioned. Hard hitter, 2nd ability can call for an assist which is very cool.

Talia, of course. Very farmable and great to have at 4 stars or above.

On first glace, many would consider 1 star heroes to be inferior. Maybe a few are (the Ewok scout for example), but some have power and something that helps the entire team. IG-86 has been mentioned alot as well.

1st thing to look for when getting a 1 star:
    1) Is it farmable (you do want to get it to 2 or 3 stars to make it stronger and more worthwhile).
    2) Does it help out Allies in-general? Everyone has to benefit (like Chewbacca's Leader ability).
    3) Does it have more offense abilities than defense abilities? You want your 1 stars to hit fast and hard. It may not survive too long...

Also, be weary of 2 or 3 star heroes who are GOOD (like Dooku, Qui Gon, and Greedo). They dropped for you, but will always be 2 or 3 star heroes because they are NOT farmable or very difficult to gain shards from in the game. They are good tho, I won't argue there, but for me, I like to see a hero progress with better stars and better gear (from near-free play instead of plunking down hundreds of dollars).

If players can buy Chromium packs or are lucky to get a 3 or 4 star hero, by all means, ignore these hints. But if players just want to play for fun and develop something that can progress through the maps and stay within the top 2500 ranks in PvP, these may help.

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Just to clarify it's not that you can't star up some rare characters. You hit barriss hard mode shard drop thats 6 chances at shards each day. Say you only get 2 a day. In 43 days you can unlock her. Few months after that you can star her up..the big spenders have created an illusion by advancing so fast that it makes people think they will always be stuck with easily farmable characters.

As the game matures and grows all of these data card only characters shards will be added to the game. They will be replaced by new data card only characters. The freebies will then farm the old characters giving them reaso s to log on and the rich will buy the new ones which will be more powerful than the old ones . Thus is the cycle of a P2W game.
  • ...good old times

Sorry for the necro, but between all the relic-discussions I needed some sweet memories about how we started...

:)