Character Strategy: Princess Leia

Replies

• Now that's a great rework! Good job devs. Understanding her weak spots and making her not too OP, but great under certain squads ;)
  • Tavis wrote: »
    They forgot her leadership!

Old Ben didn't get one either.
  • Wow that is a great rework!
  • Wow, what a huge buff
  • Goride
    57 posts Member
    This is a great example of what a rework should be. This rework provides several nice improvements to her kit, making her stronger and less RNG dependent, while not going to an extreme and making her absurdly overpowered (or underpowered).
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    THIS REWORK IS CASH MONEY $$$ - P4 GON DI :)

To the devs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJGcrnfsLDk

• Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon with the reworks will there be any changes to base stats such as health, speed, damage etc.? Or is it just the abilities changing?
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon with the reworks will there be any changes to base stats such as health, speed, damage etc.? Or is it just the abilities changing?

Abilities only.
  • Finally! As a Wiggs R2 Leia Pathfinder user, I am especially excited, as she has been in steady decline in damage relative to my other Rebels. This should help her stay on my roster and will serve me well, as she is of course vital in AAT
  • CLS, R2, Old Ben, Leia, and ATF.

rwarrrrg!
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    This is good news!!!
  • ZaulLover wrote: »
    Now that's a great rework! Good job devs. Understanding her weak spots and making her not too OP, but great under certain squads ;)

IGD > Leia still ? :) jk jk
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I think it's pretty gaurenteed now Leia and Raid Han will be in the meta with r-2 and Luke. Last spot belongs to OB, STH or ATF
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    CLS, Ezra, Leia, Old Ben, Bodi
    Old Ben taunt.
    Leia goes stealth, Ezra calls her to attack basic with 100% crit chance- she hits 3x with 25%more Crit damage- Ezra following with +20%damage.
    Bodi uses Spotter, and inflict evasion down on target, Leia gets offense up and potency for 2 turns and assists with basic, 3x.
    Then Leia takes her turn. Again
  • KueChael wrote: »
    CLS, Ezra, Leia, Old Ben, Bodi
    Old Ben taunt.
    Leia goes stealth, Ezra calls her to attack basic with 100% crit chance- she hits 3x with 25%more Crit damage- Ezra following with +20%damage.
    Bodi uses Spotter, and inflict evasion down on target, Leia gets offense up and potency for 2 turns and assists with basic, 3x.
    Then Leia takes her turn. Again

Old Ben is slow.
  • So with the zeta if we have it omega right now what happens will she get lvl 9 or will we lose on the omegas we spent and have to farm for a zeta or will it just become a zeta? I currently have against all odds omegaed i just want to know if it was a waste
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Azgould wrote: »
    So with the zeta if we have it omega right now what happens will she get lvl 9 or will we lose on the omegas we spent and have to farm for a zeta or will it just become a zeta? I currently have against all odds omegaed i just want to know if it was a waste

Right now her zeta ability only goes to level 7 so you are fine
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/princess-leia/ability/against-all-odds
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Azgould wrote: »
    So with the zeta if we have it omega right now what happens will she get lvl 9 or will we lose on the omegas we spent and have to farm for a zeta or will it just become a zeta? I currently have against all odds omegaed i just want to know if it was a waste

Right now her zeta ability only goes to level 7 so you are fine
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/princess-leia/ability/against-all-odds

Thanks i just saw i had her maxed and didnt look at what level
  • One thing that looks like a bit of a backwards step is the change to Rebel Tactics.
    If I'm reading it correctly, the Offence Up boost is now only granted if already stealthed, which means she needs to wait 2 turns (or 1.5 turns if you want to be picky due to the 50% turn meter gain) to benefit from this buff, whereas previously, it was granted upon the use of the special and didn't require an Omega.
    Also regarding the Foresight buff - so far as I can tell, this won't be so useful in HAAT P4 since the 3 things that harm her the most (the TIE strike and the 2x AOE's from the tank) can all hit through Foresight, or more specifically going off their description, cannot be evaded.
    Overall I welcome the changes to multi attack chance, the zeta looks worthwhile to keep her alive, but the Rebel Tactics one doesn't appear as great it is may seem.
    Happy to be corrected if I'm mis-interpreting any of this!
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    amazing!!!!
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Ariella wrote: »
    Also regarding the Foresight buff - so far as I can tell, this won't be so useful in HAAT P4 since the 3 things that harm her the most (the TIE strike and the 2x AOE's from the tank) can all hit through Foresight, or more specifically going off their description, cannot be evaded.

Since she's mostly used in a clone squad, the cannons & B2's will go down before they get a turn.
  • Ariella wrote: »
    One thing that looks like a bit of a backwards step is the change to Rebel Tactics.
    If I'm reading it correctly, the Offence Up boost is now only granted if already stealthed, which means she needs to wait 2 turns (or 1.5 turns if you want to be picky due to the 50% turn meter gain) to benefit from this buff, whereas previously, it was granted upon the use of the special and didn't require an Omega.
    Overall I welcome the changes to multi attack chance, the zeta looks worthwhile to keep her alive, but the Rebel Tactics one doesn't appear as great it is may seem.
    Happy to be corrected if I'm mis-interpreting any of this!

They changed her slightly. She's meant to be with r2. And the changes are more for arena but help in the raid as well
  • Faa wrote: »

Since she's mostly used in a clone squad, the cannons & B2's will go down before they get a turn.

The B2's don't concern me, it was more a point that the Foresight won't help against the AOE from the tank itself... but I suppose the re-work wasn't aimed at necessarily helping with that
  • Ariella wrote: »
    Faa wrote: »

The B2's don't concern me, it was more a point that the Foresight won't help against the AOE from the tank itself... but I suppose the re-work wasn't aimed at necessarily helping with that

Yeah but the 5% health and 5% protection will. Foresight doesn't matter
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Faa wrote: »

Well the AOE from the tank, only happens every 2/3 turns, right? And the tank doesn't get 100% TM after topple in P2.
  • So R2 goes first and gives Leia stealth and advantage. Leia then uses her own stealth and gets crit up and offense up. She then attacks with her basic and does some good damage. Then ATF goes and absorbs buffs to get stealth, retribution, offense up, crit up, crit chance up (maybe), and foresight. She then hits like a beast. Now ATF is the only one without stealth, so you have to attack her. She has a 50% counter chance and gets protection up for her and an ally every time she counters.

Pretty good. With room for 2 more toons.
  • Does she gain the health and protection for each of her attacks? Chance for 15%? Will she gain health and proteçtion from assist attacks?
  • I am glad they left her leadership alone. She doesn't really need a leader ability. Not with R2 unique.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    If she attacks three times at 5% protection and health recovery each, that's potentially 15% recovery of each on a basic. That sounds great!
  • So R2 goes first and gives Leia stealth and advantage. Leia then uses her own stealth and gets crit up and offense up. She then attacks with her basic and does some good damage. Then ATF goes and absorbs buffs to get stealth, retribution, offense up, crit up, crit chance up (maybe), and foresight. She then hits like a beast. Now ATF is the only one without stealth, so you have to attack her. She has a 50% counter chance and gets protection up for her and an ally every time she counters.

Pretty good. With room for 2 more toons.

And then she gets fractured or oneshot by a Wiggs, confused, shocked or stunned while being wrecked.
    And you basically lost your biggest dps with Leia on the second turn... :pensive:
    This kind of team still needs a decent tank and survivability, Leia will die in a sec (stealth or not) and Ashoka... Well i killed dozen of this one (geared and 7*) and since she never keeps her buffs on her she's pretty squishy.
    This kind of team is just another Wiggs in disguise, more complicated but still a Wiggs.

Rebels still lack of solid dispells so i'm pretty sure you'll end with a Chaze on this one. Or perhaps a StHan+Ezra for a **** quick burst team.